Start by marking “Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)

Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #4)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,013 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
[Ménage Amour 100: Erotic Cowboy Ménage a Quatre Romance, M/F/M/M]

Erin Robinson moved to Desire, Oklahoma to be with her pregnant sister, unprepared for the dynamics of her new home. Menage and Dom/sub relationships prevail in a town where the men protect their women at all costs.

Men had always been more trouble than they were worth. Erin can't imagine trying to put up wit
Published August 17th 2009 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Rules Of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules Of Desire

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesDecadent by Shayla Black
Best Ménage Fiction
49th out of 945 books — 1,243 voters
Colters' Woman by Maya BanksTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackColters' Lady by Maya BanksTheir Virgin's Secret by Shayla BlackTheir Virgin Concubine by Shayla Black
Best Menage à Quatre Books
17th out of 214 books — 312 voters

More lists with this book...

Top-hat
Feb 04, 2011 Top-hat rated it did not like it
well if you wanted to know what it would be like to be the family pet, this is the series to read. Thats how the women in these series are loved and treated not like a human lover. This series has an interesting idea but again poorly executed and with each book its gets worse. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be loved and respected out of the bed room, and that didn't happen, all it took was some trying to kill,for the man to get her to their ran and make her a love slave. This story fails ...more
Stephanie
Jan 21, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I am glad I didn't give up on this writer. The 4th book in the Desire series was soooooo much better than the first three. It managed to earn 2 more whole stars! LOL

I am not sure if her editors or agent or whomever stepped in and told Ms. Brooke to write a story and include steamy sex scenes, instead of writing a bunch of steamy sex scenes and throw a little story in.

The Preston brothers were much less over bearing and annoying then the other men of Desire. Erin is a strong willed woman who r
Jill
Feb 26, 2012 Jill rated it liked it
Rachel annoyed me with all her 'will i make them jealous?' Crap. What can I say? I think I prefer my me ages hot heavy and passionate. None of this over the top emotion, fear and self consciousness. I still read the entire book,but I am starting to think Leah Brooke might not be the author for me in this genre.
Donna
Apr 29, 2013 Donna rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, 2013
I think I may just have to give up on this series. Brooke has done a nice job of creating a community of very interesting characters, and at the end of each book, she offers an intriguing introduction to the characters featured in the next book. So, I start the next book and become irritated once again as I read through lengthy, repetitive sex scenes that I've read in each previous book. I know this is erotica but Brooke has managed to reduce lovemaking to stick Tab A into Slot B, C, and D, repe ...more
Emily
Erin Robinson moved to Desire, Oklahoma with only one goal in mind to be there for pregnant sister. Erin has had a hard time adjusting to the lifestyles of most of the residents, it's not that she opposes their preferences it is she does not understand how jealousy would not be a huge part of the relationships.

Jared, Duncan, and Reese Preston have set their eyes on Erin and plan to claim her. She is giving them one hell of a chase as she goes out of her way to avoid them, but they are not going
Guilty Pleasures
Jan 19, 2011 Guilty Pleasures rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-amazon
I absolutely love the stories in the Desire books. ONE thing I have learned is that I should not have read them one right after another, I basically read one a day. The sex is smoking and overwhelmed me but I think it is because it is so weel written and be cause I was reading one after another. The books that I should have read something else between were Creation of Desire and Rules of Desire, both were menage.

I just started Dark Desire last night and am already in love with it, I hat that I a
Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
This entire series, each story had a good plot but ended up being poorly executed. The males were overprotective to the extent that they felt like jailers instead of lovers to me.

I did enjoy how the story started out but it all went downhill from there. Erin irritated the heck out of me with her whole "are they jealous?" thing. Especially her fear of making them jealous of each other. The back story to that was rather poorly crafted and could've used more finesse and tack.

It would have made th
May 09, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I loved this twist in this book. Erin was not expecting to see the brothers again but after moving to desire to help Rachel her pregnant sister here they are. Great story and HEA.
Anneliese
HOT DAMN. Ms. Brooke's Desire, Oklahoma series just gets better and better!

In the fourth book of the series, Erin Robinson moves to the small, unique town of Desire to be near her pregnant sister, Rachel. Erin's move to Desire is purely out of concern and love for her sister, so she gets a lot more than she bargained for when she meets the Preston brothers. Jared, Duncan, and Reese have had their sights on Erin for awhile, and a threat to Erin's safety sends her right into their arms, and under
Oleta Blaylock
Oct 16, 2014 Oleta Blaylock rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
2011, March 27

Heavens above what a HOT..HOT story. I would love to have three strong virile men ready to take me on. I love Leah Brooke's writing style and look forward to each book. Each one is just different enough to make them fresh and enjoyable. Erin was a hard nut to crack but Jared, Duncan and Reese finally got through the walls she kept putting up and made her see that she could be happy about loving the three of them. There is also a lot of wonderfully arousing hot steamy passionate sex
Joy
Jan 07, 2012 Joy rated it it was amazing
Wow! This has the hottest menage scenes.

Erin is still unsettled when it comes to handling menage relationships. She's constantly afraid of the jealousy and so while her body is eager for the sex, her mind still battles it.

The Preston brothers Jared, Reese, and Duncan have her on their sights and they don't want to let go. What's amusing is Erin has now 3 men, when she didn't care much for one before. I liked how the mystery was written.

I didn't mind the frequent sex scenes where the brothers try
Erotic Horizon
Aug 19, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
Erin is still in small town Desire after originally coming there to see that her sister was settled and happy with her two men – she has now moved there herself. With Desire the town of Ménage and Dom/ Sub relationships she is way out of her element – because Erin has never had any interest in the male population as she has always had too much on her plate.

Three men of Desire has taken a shine to Erin and she is not happy – she has problem thinking the maintenance of a relationship with one man
Dar
Aug 31, 2013 Dar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, cowboy, bdsm
I have to admit, this is my favouritist of all the Desire books so far!! There is something about Erin, Jared, Duncan and Reese and their dynamic that constantly knocks my socks off!
This story will knock your socks off - it is smokin' hot and Erin is super spunky, which is just what these three brothers need
If you haven't read any of the Desire books, they can all stand alone, and this is the #4 in the series. Book 3 was Rachel's story, and this Rachel's big sister Erin who has come to town to h
Inbar Shop
Oct 14, 2014 Inbar Shop rated it it was ok
I didn't think it will ever happen to me but it finally did... I got realy angry in this series. usually I don't have a problem in sex scenes but in this books it seems that that is all we have here. sex in the morning. sex after you get shot, sex in the bathroom and sex after riding a horse. and the plot? don't matter. for conclusion: disappointing
Tarie
Feb 02, 2015 Tarie rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just have to turn up the heat!!!!

Lets just say this book was on FIRE!!: P

I like to go back and forth between Romance and Erotic Romance and Leah Brooke's knows how to get me going! Great book
KindleKay
Feb 01, 2010 KindleKay rated it it was ok
Of the 4 books so far in this seies, I like this one the least although it is not terrible.

I was not happy with the female lead's attitude. She was spoiled, rude, demanding, unapproachable....WHY would the brothers decide they wanted her as their wife? I mean, what a Bi&^h!! Then, at the end, she just completely does a 180 and is all sweet and romantic. Too unrealistic for me although I enjoyed the mystery of who was trying to kill her. I never figured it out til right before the reveal. Tha
Angel
Apr 08, 2016 Angel rated it liked it
3.5 stars ...

This is the first book I read in this seriesBut it's definitely not the last ...

I love Desire so very much ...
Who wouldn't love a town with Alpha-male, Hot, domineering,overbearing, and totally irresistible men!

Hoping to read more books from this series and getting to know a little bit more about what happenes with Erin, Jared, Duncan, and Reese through the stories of the other town's folks... I'm especially looking forward to sheriff Ace's story with Hope!
Lola
Mar 29, 2014 Lola rated it liked it
3.5/5 Stars
Ann  Lorz
Mar 06, 2011 Ann Lorz rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotic
All I can say is this book is not for the faint of heart. Can you say HOT!!!!I would read these books in order because so many of the character are in each others books. I'm not big in real life for a man to run a womans life but in these books it works. Fantasy is a great thing. If you like books that take you to a place where you might have only thought of then give them a try.
Therinia
Jan 21, 2010 Therinia rated it really liked it
So far, I'm having to completely suspend my disbelief and go with the flow. The men in this book are like the Alpha Stepford Men. It is a bit disconcerting at times, but still interesting.

Finished it, and it ended all right. Good to pass a little time, but there are better reads out there.
Evanna
Apr 13, 2015 Evanna rated it liked it
I wanted to love this one. I've been waiting for Erin's story. But it's just not... nice as the other ones. The menage sex is hot, but the guys kind of treat her like she's stupid. But the sex is insanely hot. What woman wouldn't like three dudes working together to pleasure her?
Kelly
This book has it all. Lust, danger, sexy men, a woman who is truly strong and doesn't take any crap from anyone. I honestly didn't know who the culprit was and was surprised by it. As always it was good to read more about the people in Desire. It still makes me wish it was real!
Jess
Oct 30, 2009 Jess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009, romantica
The fourth book in the Desire Oklhoma series. I loved this one! I think it may be my second favorite. Really great relationships and romance... I hope that the author has a 5th one coming out soon!!
Cherie
Sep 23, 2013 Cherie rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-fiction
Definitely better than Book 1 of the series. Wondering why female characters in these type of books do not share Erin's initial sentiments regarding poly relationships when they first hear of it!!!
Tina
Dec 22, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: ménage, cowboys
I thought this one was steamier than the last book but the heroine, Erin was very stubborn and annoying throughout the whole book.
Charlotte Smith
Jul 23, 2012 Charlotte Smith rated it it was amazing
This one was h-o-t. The bathtub scene is inspired, and as always with Ms Brooke's works, the love between the characters is a major focal point of the story.
April
Oh Hell Yeah!! Erin has a super steamy read!! And the mystery is well done. Although it was a little scooby doo in that you can not really solve it!
Anne
Mar 18, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it
I liked this one better than the first three. It was a really good mix of hot sex and mystery.
Theresa Bischoff
Oct 01, 2013 Theresa Bischoff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
I HAVE THIS BOOK AS AN EBOOK, IT CAN STAND ALONE BUT I'M GOING TO READ SERIES FROM THE BEGINNING.
~Mel :)~
Jan 21, 2012 ~Mel :)~ rated it really liked it
Hot read. A little annoyed at times about how stubern she was.
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Beaumonts’ Brand
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Double E Ranch (Slick Rock #2)
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
  • Deception
  • Divine Grace (Divine Creek Ranch, #1)
  • Three Dog Night (Triple Trouble, #3)
  • Compromised Cowgirl (Bride Train, #3)
Also writes Historical (Old West) Erotic Romance under the Pseudonym Lana Dare
More about Leah Brooke...

Desire, Oklahoma (10 books)
  • Desire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma, #1)
  • Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)
  • Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3)
  • Dark Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #5)
  • Raw Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #6)
  • Submission to Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #7)
  • Reluctant Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #8)
  • Desire Unleashed (Desire, Oklahoma #9)
  • Flames of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #10)