Start by marking “The Last Stitch (The Chronicles of Eirie, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Last Stitch (The Chronicles of Eirie, #2)

The Last Stitch (The Chronicles of Eirie #2)

A story that is the dark side of the Fey, a side that gives a new meaning to the word ‘fairytale’, The Last Stitch takes Adelina the Traveller’s narration to its climax at a terrifying masked ball in the secretive mirror-world of Veniche.
It is a story of revenge, of friendships lost, of love and the cruel machinations of enchanted Others who weave in and out of mortal live
Published September 1st 2009

To ask other readers questions about The Last Stitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Stitch

BookScout
The Last Stitch is the second installment in Prue Batten's The Chronicles of Eirie. A fantasy come fairy tale adventure that does not require the reader to have read the first volume. A synopsis and prologue are thoughtfully included, as well as a glossary and map.

Batten has constructed a vocabulary for her World of Eirie based on ancient folklore and this gives the novel an authenticity, and reinforces the magical atmosphere of a world inhabited by Faerans, Others, magical creatures, herbology
Judy
Jul 11, 2011 Judy rated it it was ok
The Stumpwork Robe and The Last Stitch really form one longer book. Neither book stands alone.

I believe this is a self-published set. I'm pleased to see someone get their story out there and I found the books enjoyable.

The story is set in a world similar to ours but also populated with creatures who are borrowed from mythology. The author has a visual artist's sensibility in her descriptions of landscapes, water, hair, etc. Those who stitch will appreciate her prose. Stitchers will also be pleas
Liviu
The direct sequel o The Stumpwork Robe keeps the same poetic style that made me finish the first book and it becomes more interesting as the first novel, maybe because it is more limited both in theme and space and follows Adelina in her attempts to thwart the evil Severine.

So instead of trying to conjure an extended world like in the first novel, here we are in a relatively small space both geographically and thematically and it's much better suited to both content and style; after all in fair
Susana
Dec 19, 2014 Susana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every line of this sequel book. A wonderful story a thick plot, rich with magic elements. Phelim is a true hero the fight within him is brutal but he succeded, his good nature wining over the faeran aspect of him. Adelina is the heroine a very strong woman and a loving mother from the moment she finds out she's carring Kholi's child to the time of the birth and beyond; a true example. Fascinating world created by Prue Batten.
Pauline Engels
Pauline Engels rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2013
Karen Bilous
Karen Bilous rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Jill Le
Jill Le rated it really liked it
May 06, 2010
Romilly
Romilly rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2012
Dawn Campau
Dawn Campau rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Karen N. Grundy
Karen N. Grundy rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2016
Diane M. White
Diane M. White rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Giulia
Giulia rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2013
Carmen
Carmen rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Marilyn Rawlinson
Marilyn Rawlinson rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Moo
Moo rated it it was ok
May 20, 2016
Cath Thorley
Cath Thorley rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Linda F Hampton author
Linda F Hampton author rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Connie Elg
Connie Elg rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Claire H Bentley
Claire H Bentley rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Martha Locker
Martha Locker rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2013
Dierdri Connolly
Dierdri Connolly rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Boosmummy
Boosmummy rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2013
Chiwei
Chiwei rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Misha
Misha rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2015
I was born in Australia and studied history and politics at the University of Tasmania. I've worked as a hotel cleaner, a cosmetician in a major department store, a bookseller but most properly as a journalist/researcher for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation where I met my husband, also a journalist.

We now farm in Tasmania, growing the superfine wool for which Australia is famous. I spent al
More about Prue Batten...

The Chronicles of Eirie (4 books)
  • The Stumpwork Robe