Start by marking “Wild Life: Amazing Animals, Extraordinary People, Astonishing Places” as Want to Read:
Wild Life: Amazing Animals, Extraordinary People, Astonishing Places

Wild Life: Amazing Animals, Extraordinary People, Astonishing Places

Wild Life Top ten Sunday Times bestselling memoir by the hugely popular presenter of the BBC's Big Cat Diary and Springwatch. Full description
Published 2009 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Wild Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Life

Kathy Dolan
Dec 19, 2011 Kathy Dolan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Very good for what it is. Not literary genius, but clearly written by the man himself and not by a ghost writer, and well written for a non-writer. Full of great stories of wonderful creatures, insights into the life he leads, it made me smile, made me go 'eurgh', made me sad, ultimately made me want to learn much, much more about wildlife.
Sue
Sep 16, 2011 Sue rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy any films or programmes Simon King has been involved with then you will love this . As with his tv work his love for nature shines out . He has some interesting wildlife stories/adventures. Well written i only wish it was double the size!
Rebecca
Dec 05, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I grabbed this book as I left the house this morning thinking that it would be ideal for the train journey to London and back. How right I was.

This book is a lovely gentle memoir of someone who seemed when I met him to be a very genuine chap, and that does translate. His enthusiasm carries you along and he can paint a very vivid picture of the places he's been and the creatures he's seen, though it probably does help that I've seen a lot of his series!

However a lot of his stories are of close s
Stephanie Mayo
Aug 14, 2013 Stephanie Mayo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animal-wildlife
What a fantastic read for the adventurer, wildlife enthusiast and anyone looking to be entertained by a great story teller! Though I was aware of Simon King from 'Big Cat Diaries', I was totally blown away by the oh so many other wildlife projects he'd worked on that I had also seen, like Blue Planet, The Life of Mammals and others like. His life long passion for wildlife and passion to tell their story through film is intoxicating!

"Wild Life" is a must read of any lover of wildlife and a WILD l
Alison
Aug 16, 2010 Alison rated it really liked it
This is my best attempt at a holiday location book this year - I found a few books set in Norfolk but none of them were in my library. So, since we were visiting Pensthorpe (the home of Spring/Autumnwatch), this is a loose link. Simon's love of wildlife comes across very clearly in the book - the descriptions of his encounters with a variety of animals are fascinating. Some autobiographies are interesting but poorly written - this is interesting and well-written.
Daniel Hulmes
Mar 23, 2012 Daniel Hulmes rated it liked it
Shelves: autobiography
This book delivered exactly what I wanted from it, that being full of interesting anecdotes about Simon Kings long career in wildlife film-making. It is clear that Simon has been driven by his passion for wildlife since a young age and has never wavered from it. The book rarely strays into Simons private life or opinions but with a career as spectacular as his has been, it's easy to see why.
Sarah  G
Aug 05, 2013 Sarah G rated it really liked it
Shelves: autobiography
Entertaining, well written, easy to read - snapshots from an interesting life, spent observing nature at first hand all over the world. The focus is very strongly on his work, with small mentions of key moments from his private life, but that suited me just fine.
Frances Bell
Oct 13, 2011 Frances Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what an amazing life... makes me wish I'd recognised what my passion was a lot earlier in life, then I might have done half the things he's done!
Guruprasath.m
I would like to read some wild animals and their life style of living in their own habitant. I think simon's book are give me the best about that among other books.....
Mike Collins
Mike Collins rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Colby Dunkel
Colby Dunkel rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Martha Allen-smith
Martha Allen-smith rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Joey Hemerik
Joey Hemerik rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Cathy Martin
Cathy Martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2012
KEITH CARTER
KEITH CARTER rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Shelley
Shelley rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Susanna Greenslade
Susanna Greenslade rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2014
David Cozens
David Cozens rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Jenny Marsden
Jenny Marsden rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Foxfyre
Foxfyre rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2010
Steve Shaw
Steve Shaw rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
Karensarah
Karensarah rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Clive
Clive rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Linda882
Oct 09, 2014 Linda882 rated it liked it
Always enjoyed Simon's TV shows so was good to read the behind the scenes story