Start by marking “How I Turned $1,000 Into Five Million in Real Estate--In My Spare Time” as Want to Read:
How I Turned $1,000 Into Five Million in Real Estate--In My Spare Time

How I Turned $1,000 Into Five Million in Real Estate--In My Spare Time

Published September 1st 1980 by Simon & Schuster

Douglas
Apr 18, 2007 Douglas rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Investors
I was reading Trumps book and one of the people in there said that this book is the best guide EVER. It is not produced anymore and is often sold used for $100. I bought this one for $50 on amazon. I checked the source and it used to be at the LA Public library.

The book is supposed to be an exact description of how a couple started out with $5,000 and grew it to $1,000,000 in MINUTE detail. I am very eager to read this book.

Thomas San martin
Mar 15, 2014 Thomas San martin rated it really liked it
Although some of the concepts, ideas, and especially numbers are outdated, Nickerson provides valuable information for anyone looking to make money in the field of real estate investing. I look forward to reading an up to date Real Estate investing book to compare Nickersons methods and ideas to modern investors of todays times.
Gareth
Oct 06, 2010 Gareth rated it it was amazing
Was hard to track this down. Paid $85 for it and it was worth every penny. Program looks realistic, it's definitely a change of pace from the modern get-rich-quick guru BS.

Nickerson's plan is to work a regular job and save up a down payment for a modest rental house in need of repair. Then, every couple of years you use your equity and savings to trade up to a larger building (avoiding capital gains) until you're a multi-millionaire.

Almost deducted a star because it is dated in places, but the s
Karan Goel
May 03, 2016 Karan Goel rated it really liked it
This books gives a good idea of what real estate investing is like, what your expectations should be, how to approach different aspects of it etc. But most of the information is very dated.

I think this book is valuable as a general blueprint, but I would not start REI before reading something newer or talking to a broker.

Some unanswered questions and concerns:
- What happens if the market tanks, and your tenants move out? How do you pay the loans for the multiple properties?
- The whole book is se
Diego1024diego1024
Nguyenthoi
i think this book good for me, but i want buying book:
what is happening on Wall Street
Joseph Green
Joseph Green rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2015
Jason Jolliffe
Jason Jolliffe rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
James
James rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Kyle
Kyle rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2017
Rachel Kanouse McKay
Rachel Kanouse McKay rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2012
Quốc Tuấn
Quốc Tuấn rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2017
Evan Thomas
Evan Thomas rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2016
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Chuck Hughes
Chuck Hughes rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Rhain
Rhain rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2011
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Tom Nguyen
Tom Nguyen rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
John
John rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Isaac
Isaac rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Alan
Alan rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2014
Chris J. Slater
Chris J. Slater rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2013
Elisa Sumanski
Elisa Sumanski rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Robert Dunne
Robert Dunne rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Greg Pentecost
Greg Pentecost rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Michael S Ferenburg
Michael S Ferenburg rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
M. Thomas
M. Thomas rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2007
Daniel
Daniel rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Matthew Francom
Matthew Francom rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
kya be 1 7 May 29, 2010 11:30AM
  • What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • Getting Started in Options
  • The Barefoot Spirit: How Hardship, Hustle, and Heart Built America's #1 Wine Brand
  • The Well-Fed Self-Publisher: How to Turn One Book Into a Full-Time Living
  • One Simple Idea for Startups and Entrepreneurs: Live Your Dreams and Create Your Own Profitable Company
  • The Gospel of Wealth Essays and Other Writings
  • The Foundation: A Great American Secret; How Private Wealth is Changing the World
  • The Luxury Strategy: Break the Rules of Marketing to Build Luxury Brands
  • The Emotionally Intelligent Investor: How Self-Awareness, Empathy and Intuition Drive Performance
  • Prosperity
  • The Path of Prosperity
  • Business as Unusual
  • How a Second Grader Beats Wall Street: Golden Rules Any Investor Can Learn
  • How to Be a Billionaire: Proven Strategies from the Titans of Wealth
  • The Little Book of Main Street Money: 21 Simple Truths that Help Real People Make Real Money (Little Books. Big Profits)
  • Become a Key Person of Influence: The 5 Step Sequence to Becoming One of the Most Highly Valued and Highly Paid People in Your Industry
  • The Sticking Point Solution: 9 Ways to Move Your Business from Stagnation to Stunning Growth InTough Economic Times