Start by marking “Romancing Adrienne” as Want to Read:
Romancing Adrienne

Romancing Adrienne (Virginia Historicals #4)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  212 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Adrienne Dayton flees from an arranged marriage to a man who doesn't love her. In fact, she is convinced that no man will sincerely love her. So when she ends up in a small town with a group of men wanting to be with her, she seeks escape from their advances.

Trevor Lewis, however,is intrigued by her and wonders what it will take to win her heart. When she offers to show hi...more
Published (first published February 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Adrienne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Adrienne

The Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany TullisUnconditional by Tanya EavensonThe Gladiator by Carla CapshawA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Duke's Redemption by Carla Capshaw
Inspirational Romances
385th out of 498 books — 217 voters
A Lot like Love by Julie JamesBreaking Point by Pamela ClareHead Over Heels by Jill ShalvisShadowfever by Karen Marie MoningLover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
Top 3 Romance Reads - 2011
464th out of 610 books — 1,056 voters

More lists with this book...

Judy
Book 4: Romancing Adrienne
Trevor Lewis, younger brother to Sue Lewis Mitchell, is heading for New York to be a playwright. Adrienne Dayton is running from a marriage her father arranged and she does not want! When her father finds her on the train she makes a quick escape off the train but she trips on the way out. As she grabs for something to hold she ends up with Trevor in her grip and pulls him off the train with her. They had just been robbed on the train so they find themselves off the tra...more
Glen
I'm afraid I didn't enjoy this book as much as the other reviewers. I picked it up without noticing that it was by the same author as another book that I gave 1 star. This one is a bit better - I was actually able to finish it - so I've given it 2 stars. While the plot was interesting enough to keep me engaged (barely), the same problem as the first book kept me from enjoying it: the characters' thoughts and motivation are far too simple to be believable. Real people are complex. The level here...more
Jody
Not as enjoyable to me as the Nebraska series.
Running away from an arranged marrige she pulls a complete stranger off the train and into an isolated town. Lots of I don't like her.... I do like her... I don't like her. Lots of match making but they are both good at it.
hannah
I do not completely like the way of writing. There is something with the characters too. For example, if Adrienne is the sort of person as she is described, even upset she would never laugh with someone, if by her fault he losed a month of work.
Shelley Chastagner
Funny romance done in the style of a corny western. I could almost see this filmed in black and white. This is clean light read for anyone just looking for a fun book. Great for young teens and up.
Sneha
It was really a very different and lovely story. An innocent love, which just happens.
Amanda
I really liked this book it had really good word flow and there was no dull reading time.
Missy
A tender, fun, entertaining read about unexpected love. A joy to read!
Kathleen
I enjoyed this light-hearted romance book, an easy read in one day.
Laura YA indie princess
Not one of Ruth's best books.
Tressa
Tressa added it
Oct 17, 2014
Perisy
Perisy added it
Oct 10, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Nita
Nita added it
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Sing My Name
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • Brazos Bride (Men of Stone Mountain, #1)
  • The Marriage Barter (Orphan Train, #2)
  • The Penniless Bride (Harlequin Historical #725)
  • Mail Order Mama (Brides of Beckham, #2)
  • Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • To Wed a Stranger (C Series, #6)
  • Land of Dreams
  • The Dutiful Rake
  • Liberty for Paul (Scandalous Sisters #2)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • The Mercenary's Marriage
  • Heiress Bride
  • Touched by Fire
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage By Scandal, #1) A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals #1) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals #2) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals #3) A Chance In Time (Native American Romance prequel)