Start by marking “Pure and Simple: Homemade Indian Vegetarian Cuisine” as Want to Read:
Pure and Simple: Homemade Indian Vegetarian Cuisine

Pure and Simple: Homemade Indian Vegetarian Cuisine

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A mouthwatering collection of recipes reflecting the very best of Indian vegetarian cuisine
With step-by-step photographs for over 100 classic and contemporary vegetarian recipes, Pure and Simple makes preparing Indian food absolutely easy. Whether you are whisking yogurt or kneading dough, each recipe includes photographs so that you can check to make sure you are achievi
Published June 10th 2009 by Interlink Pub Group (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pure and Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pure and Simple

Jams
I'm sorry, I saw the review by Cherie on this site, and I was offended by such a lazy-sounding review for such a nice book. I've looked at literally hundreds of vegetarian recipe books, and in my view this one ranks very highly. It's full of excellent recipes, and is very well illustrated with enticing photographs for all the recipes. This book is first-class, "number one quality"!
S P
The book has an excellent layout with beautiful pictures. It starts with introduction to vegetables, pulses, spices and cooking utensils that we commonly see in any Indian kitchen. The recipes are simple and they flow from welcome drinks to salads to soups to starters to main course and to sweets in the end. The book has step-by step pictures and food is presented in white ceramic and stainless steel against a white background and thus justifying its name "pure and simple".
My only gripe would b
Maryanne Gobble
Excellent recipes, easy to understand and step by step photos. I got this at my library but love it so much I think I'll buy a copy to keep.
Cherie
How disappointing. This book has some yummy sounding recipes, but so many ingredients, steps, so precise…I think I'll just go to curry row -- it's cheap and delicious and doesn't require such stressful messes.
Merari
Jul 09, 2012 Merari rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Starters who wants to cook Indian
I have Seen Lots on Indian cook book, This is awesome with good picture explanation. From my point of view this get top in my list of cook books. All recipes are easy as the title says
Jene
A lovely book that is very well laid out and detailed.

Unfortunately many of the recipes require a pressure cooker and I don't own one.
Lakshmi
Very simple,awesome food photography, easy to cook vegetarian recipes. Love this book, want to own it soon, currently reading from library.
Amit
Very good recepies, comfort style cooking.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Hyathin
Hyathin marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Vikash Goyal
Vikash Goyal marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Nags
Nags marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Lee Hunsaker
Lee Hunsaker marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Sunder Francis
Sunder Francis marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Kavitha
Kavitha marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Pure & Special: Gourmet Indian Vegetarian Cuisine Pure and Special: Gourmet Indian Vegetarian Cuisine. Vidhu Mittal