Start by marking “Pure and Simple: Homemade Indian Vegetarian Cuisine” as Want to Read:
Pure and Simple: Homemade Indian Vegetarian Cuisine

Pure and Simple: Homemade Indian Vegetarian Cuisine

A mouthwatering collection of recipes reflecting the very best of Indian vegetarian cuisine
With step-by-step photographs for over 100 classic and contemporary vegetarian recipes, Pure and Simple makes preparing Indian food absolutely easy. Whether you are whisking yogurt or kneading dough, each recipe includes photographs so that you can check to make sure you are achievi
Published June 10th 2009 by Interlink Pub Group (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pure and Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pure and Simple

Jams
Nov 04, 2011 Jams rated it it was amazing
I'm sorry, I saw the review by Cherie on this site, and I was offended by such a lazy-sounding review for such a nice book. I've looked at literally hundreds of vegetarian recipe books, and in my view this one ranks very highly. It's full of excellent recipes, and is very well illustrated with enticing photographs for all the recipes. This book is first-class, "number one quality"!
S P
Aug 21, 2012 S P rated it really liked it
The book has an excellent layout with beautiful pictures. It starts with introduction to vegetables, pulses, spices and cooking utensils that we commonly see in any Indian kitchen. The recipes are simple and they flow from welcome drinks to salads to soups to starters to main course and to sweets in the end. The book has step-by step pictures and food is presented in white ceramic and stainless steel against a white background and thus justifying its name "pure and simple".
My only gripe would b
Cherie
Mar 11, 2010 Cherie rated it did not like it
How disappointing. This book has some yummy sounding recipes, but so many ingredients, steps, so precise…I think I'll just go to curry row -- it's cheap and delicious and doesn't require such stressful messes.
Jene
Jul 12, 2012 Jene rated it liked it
A lovely book that is very well laid out and detailed.

Unfortunately many of the recipes require a pressure cooker and I don't own one.
Merari
Jul 09, 2012 Merari rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Starters who wants to cook Indian
I have Seen Lots on Indian cook book, This is awesome with good picture explanation. From my point of view this get top in my list of cook books. All recipes are easy as the title says
Maryanne Gobble
Nov 21, 2014 Maryanne Gobble rated it it was amazing
Excellent recipes, easy to understand and step by step photos. I got this at my library but love it so much I think I'll buy a copy to keep.
Lakshmi
Very simple,awesome food photography, easy to cook vegetarian recipes. Love this book, want to own it soon, currently reading from library.
Aldene
Aldene rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Aeowin
Aeowin rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2014
Tarang Mittal
Tarang Mittal rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Nimboo
Nimboo rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Kalyanee
Kalyanee rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Shubhra
Shubhra rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Anitha KS
Anitha KS rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
May 20, 2012
Tana
Tana rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2014
Avis Black
Avis Black rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Vasanthi Rao
Vasanthi Rao rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Brently
Brently rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Jill Paschal
Jill Paschal rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Jerri
Jerri rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Mona Abbas
Mona Abbas rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Zissa
Zissa rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2016
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2011
Legallykoko
Legallykoko rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2011
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Bob Casey
Bob Casey rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Dilly Dalley
Dilly Dalley rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015