Start by marking “Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1” as Want to Read:
Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1

Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1 (Exiles Ultimate Collection #1)

Led by Blink, who hails from the wildly popular X-Men storyline "Age of Apocolypse," the Exiles consist of heroes pulled from alternate times and universes who are sent to correct problems in the multiverse. Their adventures span hundreds of different worlds, setting events and characters back on their proper course - or else risk having them "blink" out of existence!

Colle

Published April 29th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1

Shannon Appelcline
Mar 08, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Down the Rabbit Hole (1-2). The first arc nicely sets up the comic, its goals, and its stakes. This is generally a workmanlike combination of those elements but (at the time), it’s fresh and thus enjoyable [7/10].

Old Wounds, New Battles (3-4). The Phoenix story is a nice historical that touches upon the emotions and the difficulty of the tasks that the Exiles are given. The shattering fight against the Phoenix is especially great [7/10].

Up North and in the Green (5-6). Alpha Flight offers up ano
Lissibith
Aug 04, 2014 Lissibith rated it it was amazing
I've loved comics a while, but I'd not been a huge X-Men reader, but this first Exiles ultimate collection was given me by someone who loves the X-Men and wanted to share that love with me.

Well, I can say this - it got me hooked on Exiles. :)

The premise is simple, if weird even for a comic book. Six X-men from various realities have been pulled out of their timelines because something has gone wrong with their world that changes their entire life. They will travel as a group to different worlds,
Michael Alexander Henke
May 02, 2013 Michael Alexander Henke rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This series was pretty much what got me reading comics again so many years ago. First and foremost, it starred Blink, one of my favorite characters. Blink was introduced during the Age of Apocalypse, but she wasn't around much after her reality ended. Just seeing that she was in the book made it a must read for me.
The Exiles are a group of heroes that have become "unhinged in time". Their job is to travel to different realities and "fix" them, so to speak. The great thing about this story concep
Joseph Zurat
Oct 20, 2013 Joseph Zurat rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
This is great! It has a similar premise to the What If? books that Marvel used to run. It takes a group of characters from alternate realities and throws them into situations that sometimes require non-intuitive solutions. The early volumes have much of the heart that I found in other Judd Winick comics (namely, his long run on Green Arrow) and each of the characters introduced has a unique voice and set of motivations. (Re)Reading this instead of the currently running events has renewed my appr ...more
Shane Perry
Jan 22, 2015 Shane Perry rated it it was amazing
Easily one of the best X-men books I have ever read. And I say that as a HUGE X-men fan. A unique idea that explores the near infinite variations on the Marvel Universe. Not only does it have fun stories, but this is easily some of the best character work in modern superhero comics. A must read.
David
Sep 08, 2014 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
Been meaning to read this series for years now. I like these big fat Ultimate Collections. Enjoyed this one enough to plow right into the next book in the series.
Philip Cosand
Philip Cosand rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Josh Pearce
Josh Pearce rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2015
Florian
Florian rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
James Adams
James Adams rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2012
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Nikhil Singh
Nikhil Singh rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Sidney
Sidney rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2012
Marcela
Marcela rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Gavin Foo
Gavin Foo rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Simon Goodwin
Simon Goodwin rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Holden Attradies
Holden Attradies rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2011
Susan Gawley
Susan Gawley rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2014
Matthew Nowak
Matthew Nowak rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Tanwen Ravensword
Tanwen Ravensword rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Zachron Libling
Zachron Libling rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2011
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
John Webster
John Webster rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Craig
Craig rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
La
La rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2015
Jase
Jase rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Giorgio
Giorgio rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Sammy Younan
Sammy Younan rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Len
Len rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born February 12th, 1970 and raised on Long Island in New York, Judd began cartooning professionally at 16 with a single-paneled strip called Nuts & Bolts. This ran weekly through Anton Publications, a newspaper publisher that produced town papers in the Tri state area. He was paid 10 dollars a week.

In August of 1988, Judd began attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor bringing Nuts &am
More about Judd Winick...

Exiles Ultimate Collection (6 books)
  • Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 2