Start by marking “Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1” as Want to Read:
Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1

Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1 (Exiles Ultimate Collection #1)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  6 reviews

Led by Blink, who hails from the wildly popular X-Men storyline "Age of Apocolypse," the Exiles consist of heroes pulled from alternate times and universes who are sent to correct problems in the multiverse. Their adventures span hundreds of different worlds, setting events and characters back on their proper course - or else risk having them "blink" out of existence!

Published April 29th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 1

X-Men by Chris ClaremontX-Men by Chris ClaremontAstonishing X-Men, Vol. 1 by Joss WhedonAstonishing X-Men Omnibus by Joss WhedonX-Men by Chris Claremont
X-Men Trade Paperbacks
125th out of 134 books — 65 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreSaga, Volume 1 by Brian K. VaughanLocke & Key, Vol. 1 by Joe HillV for Vendetta by Alan MooreMaus, II by Art Spiegelman
Greatest Graphic Novels
143rd out of 278 books — 114 voters

More lists with this book...

I've loved comics a while, but I'd not been a huge X-Men reader, but this first Exiles ultimate collection was given me by someone who loves the X-Men and wanted to share that love with me.

Well, I can say this - it got me hooked on Exiles. :)

The premise is simple, if weird even for a comic book. Six X-men from various realities have been pulled out of their timelines because something has gone wrong with their world that changes their entire life. They will travel as a group to different worlds,
Shannon Appelcline
Down the Rabbit Hole (1-2). The first arc nicely sets up the comic, its goals, and its stakes. This is generally a workmanlike combination of those elements but (at the time), it’s fresh and thus enjoyable [7/10].

Old Wounds, New Battles (3-4). The Phoenix story is a nice historical that touches upon the emotions and the difficulty of the tasks that the Exiles are given. The shattering fight against the Phoenix is especially great [7/10].

Up North and in the Green (5-6). Alpha Flight offers up ano
Michael Alexander Henke
This series was pretty much what got me reading comics again so many years ago. First and foremost, it starred Blink, one of my favorite characters. Blink was introduced during the Age of Apocalypse, but she wasn't around much after her reality ended. Just seeing that she was in the book made it a must read for me.
The Exiles are a group of heroes that have become "unhinged in time". Their job is to travel to different realities and "fix" them, so to speak. The great thing about this story concep
Shane Perry
Easily one of the best X-men books I have ever read. And I say that as a HUGE X-men fan. A unique idea that explores the near infinite variations on the Marvel Universe. Not only does it have fun stories, but this is easily some of the best character work in modern superhero comics. A must read.
Joseph Zurat
This is great! It has a similar premise to the What If? books that Marvel used to run. It takes a group of characters from alternate realities and throws them into situations that sometimes require non-intuitive solutions. The early volumes have much of the heart that I found in other Judd Winick comics (namely, his long run on Green Arrow) and each of the characters introduced has a unique voice and set of motivations. (Re)Reading this instead of the currently running events has renewed my appr ...more
Been meaning to read this series for years now. I like these big fat Ultimate Collections. Enjoyed this one enough to plow right into the next book in the series.
Teagan marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Lyndon Allen
Lyndon Allen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Aaron added it
Sep 19, 2015
Gemini added it
May 12, 2015
Zed added it
Mar 14, 2015
Rick marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Daryoosh marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Born February 12th, 1970 and raised on Long Island in New York, Judd began cartooning professionally at 16 with a single-paneled strip called Nuts & Bolts. This ran weekly through Anton Publications, a newspaper publisher that produced town papers in the Tri state area. He was paid 10 dollars a week.

In August of 1988, Judd began attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor bringing Nuts &am
More about Judd Winick...

Exiles Ultimate Collection (6 books)
  • Exiles Ultimate Collection - Book 2