Start by marking “Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea” as Want to Read:
Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea

Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The Rainbow Fish series has sold millions of copies world wide, and now this beloved character returns with the last book in the hardcover series.
Published August 1st 2009 by NorthSouth (NY) (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea

Virginia
Jun 04, 2012 Virginia rated it it was amazing
Rainbow Fish is very curious as to what interesting things may be waiting to be discovered deep down in the unfamiliar underwater canyon along the edge of which he often plays with his friends. Octopus makes fine work of painting the canyon dwellers in every possible hue of negativity as he tries to dissuade Rainbow Fish from ever venturing into that foreign world. Despite this, when one day a strong current pulls off Rainbow Fish’s last shiny scale and carries it over the canyon’s edge into the ...more
Mylksnake Wilson
This book is scientifically inaccurate and imprecise; but I see reviews that the 1st book "Rainbow Fish" (and a TV show?) supposedly promotes socialism/communism or it promotes materialism, so I'd be interested in taking a look that one... hopefully it's socialism. The illustrations are attractive and I like the idea of a children's book that introduces deep sea animals & bioluminescence.
One of the rainbow fish's friends is a "firefly squid." Firefly squids have the bioluminescent ability o
Sarah Stumphf
Sep 09, 2014 Sarah Stumphf rated it really liked it
The pictures in this book make small children ask questions, which is always good. Friendly story which teaches young children that it's okay to ask for help.
Arnetia Lewis
Apr 20, 2013 Arnetia Lewis rated it it was amazing
I thought that Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea was a great book. I used this book for my lesson plan in my practicum III course, with the class I was in the children really enjoyed the book and they enjoyed seeing different fish in the book that they never heard of before. The children were so interested in the book they all kept crowding around me because they were so interested in the bright colors and the new fish that we were reading about in the book.. I can say this is a must read book ...more
Nathan Willard
Aug 11, 2013 Nathan Willard rated it really liked it
My four year-old loved this book so much she did a research project about all of the sea creatures in the book. She points out that the latern fish that appears in the book is actually an angler fish.

The story follows rainbow fish and a friendly firefly squid as they search the ocean depths looking for a lost sparkly scale. It introduces kids to the variety of colorful and luminescent animals deep down in the sea.
Chelsea
Rainbow Fish discovers the Deep Sea is a story about talking sea creatures. The main character is a talking rainbow fish who loses his scale and must go into the forbidden deap sea. This is a great story about the sea and the creatures that live within it. This book makes you happy and it is joyful to read as well. The pictures are very vivid and colorful.
Kristi Bernard
Sep 05, 2010 Kristi Bernard rated it it was amazing
If your child loves stories of the sea, then this is the book! The sparkling illustrations bring the deep sea creatures to life. Rainbow fish loses his last silvery scale and must journey to the deep dark sea to find it. What he encounters are beautiful entities that glow in the darkness. You will have to read this story to see if he makes new friends.
Brittany Perry
Nov 07, 2014 Brittany Perry rated it it was amazing
The use of color and shiny scales and such made this book a delightful read for my toddler. It is a favorite and he loves the cover. Simply wonderful.
Jeannie
Jul 11, 2011 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
~ ~~ A really cute story about discovery and friendship!Nicely illustrated! I highly recommend! A fun read!~ ~~ :) ...more
Amanda
Apr 21, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
Neat book about exploring new things. Also deals with many deep sea creatures that aren't common in kid's books.
Michelle
Nov 15, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing
The only Rainbow fish book I've actually enjoyed. This was informational and cute.
Flint
Feb 09, 2010 Flint rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, kids
I like it because it glitters. Even if mylksnake thinks it's scientifically inaccurate.
Aug 21, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Really just an excuse to make an extremly sparkly book.
Paul
Jan 13, 2011 Paul rated it really liked it
Liked the way the 2 pg illustrations worked.
Rachel
Apr 13, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
Sweet story. Nice theme of friendship.
Valerie
creepy crawly sea-creatures
Chelsey
Apr 20, 2010 Chelsey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: el-ed-340
Picture Book
Lune
Lune rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Jaylene
Jaylene rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Michelle Gibson
Michelle Gibson rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Kouros
Kouros rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Espe
Espe marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Katy Ann
Katy Ann rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Effy
Effy added it
Nov 10, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Beth J
Beth J marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Sammie
Sammie marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Marcus Pfister was born in Berne, Switzerland, and began his career as a graphic artist in an advertising agency. In 1983, he decided to dedicate more time to artistic pursuits, and began to write and illustrate his first book, The Sleepy Owl, which was published in 1986. His best-known work to date is The Rainbow Fish, which has remained on bestseller lists across the United States since 1992.

Mar
More about Marcus Pfister...