Start by marking “Memories of the Afterlife: Life-Between-Lives Stories of Personal Transformation” as Want to Read:

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  360 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Dr. Michael Newton, best-selling author of Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls, returns with a series of case studies that highlight the profound impact of spiritual regression on people's everyday lives. Edited by Dr. Newton, these fascinating true accounts from around the world are handpicked and presented by Life Between Lives hypnotherapists certified by the Newton I ...more
Published October 8th 2009 by Llewellyn Publications (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Memories of the Afterlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memories of the Afterlife

The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayA New Earth by Eckhart TolleThe Power of Now by Eckhart TolleGazing Into the Eternal by Belsebuub
Best Spiritual Books
119th out of 554 books — 566 voters
Journey of Souls by Michael NewtonMany Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. WeissDestiny of Souls by Michael NewtonOnly Love Is Real by Brian L. WeissMessages from the Masters by Brian L. Weiss
Reincarnation - factual books
18th out of 69 books — 55 voters

More lists with this book...

Gerri Leen
Let me say that I consider the editor's Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls to be foundation works for my own spiritual beliefs and system. So I am the target audience for this book. That said, this book bored the crap out of me. There is a lyricism in the original works, a pace, and a story, even, as the life of souls between lives is discovered and explained. It uses actual sessions just as this book does, but in this book, those sessions are dry and tedious. And so repetitive. In the one se ...more
Fanny
Sep 09, 2010 Fanny rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Open minded folk looking for answers to some of life (and death) questions.
Recommended to Fanny by: As all books in my spiritual search, I feel led to this information. Another step in my spiritual growth and relationship with God.
Kenny
An acceptable continuation of Michael Newton's study of LBL (Life Between Lives) territory in which hypnotherapists trained by Newton record their own case studies of people who have been hypnotically regressed into the Spirit World between incarnations on earth. However, Newton's skill and experience are also present as he generously footnotes the case studies. His notes are often the most illuminating aspect of the LBL session.

One caveat, however: in my opinion, Newton tends to "bend" case stu
Angela Dilanzo
Compared to Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls", this book is not as strong. This book is a series of independently submitted case studies from various Newton Institute trainee hypnotherapists with Newton making footnotes about how the case studies relate back to his findings, so there is a lack of consistency from chapter to chapter. Some of the chapters are very brief and unfulfilling, while some of very interesting. You just don't read it and relate to it in the same fa ...more
La Coccinelle
This is my first non-fiction review. I'm not expecting that everybody will be into this sort of thing, but I found this book very interesting.

Life-between-life regression (or LBL) is sort of an offshoot of past-life regression, where the facilitator takes the client into a deeper trance state so that they can access the memories of what happened between their earthly lives in the spirit world. What's striking about these accounts is their similarities. The author claims that people from all beli
Lori
I recently discovered that there was another, newer, book in existence based on Michael Newton's hypnosis/regression techniques and research into 'life between lives'. I was tremendously excited about this because I was so fascinated by Journey of Souls. Needing something spiritual at this particular point in my life, I raced to library in anticipation.

We all believe what we want to believe. Many people elect an organized religion (or are born into one and merely stick with it for convenience s
Andrea Burgess
You think this is it......here ........on earth. Think again. You may have been here before several times!
Kathleen Hagen
Memories of the Afterlife: Life between Life Stories of Personal Transformation, by Michael Newton, ed., Narrated by Peter Berkrot, and Xe Sands, Produced by Tantor Media, downloaded from audible.com.

A very interesting book. Publisher’s note says it as well as I could:
Edited by Dr. Michael Newton, the best-selling author of Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls, Memories of the Afterlife is a collection of fascinating
true accounts from around the world, handpicked and presented by life-between-l
Sverre
This book will have appeal to a very limited readership. It should only be recommended for those who are serious students of Michael Newton and his regression and life-between-lives (LBL) hypnotherapy. And, even for them, it may be disappointing. It consists of thirty-two chapters by thirty-two different therapists--associated with Newton--of thirty-two different clients who have had counselling and LBL sessions. Most of them were attracted to LBL after having heard of Newton's work or read his ...more
Lynn Rossi
will read anything Michael newton writes
Dave
A very deep, very complicated subject handled very well. Newton and his team of researchers have found a way to organize these stories of between-life experiences of subjects so that they are not TOO overwhelming.

Still, this book requires your undivided attention. But if you already know this topic and yearn for the next level of understanding, this book may be for you - especially if you like your spiritual point of view backed up with evidence.
Karen
This book was fantastic. Do you believe you have a soul? Do you ever wonder what happens to your soul after you die? This book goes into detail about the case studies of clients who undergo what is called "LBL Therapy" or Life Between Lives Therapy. They are regressed through hypnosis and then reveal what happened to their soul after their last past life. Facinating! If you believe in a soul, read this or any Michael Newton book.
Julia
This book focuses more on how people who have done life between life sessions and how it changed it their life. Truly amazing. I battle from depression and would love to do this in hopes that somehow it will help get rid of the depression once and for all. To help me understand why I suffer from it.

To find out what my life purpose is.

Can't wait to read to read the other two books that should be in a few days. :)
Deborah Lloyd
This book is the next step in the Journey of the Soul/Destiny of the Soul group. Dr. Newton's Institute chose case studies where the participants were helped through their hypnosis work. Their life-changing spiritual journeys led to new understandings of adversities, and led to emotional and spiritual healing. I could not put the book down! Thanks for sharing these case studies with us.
Bobbie Rathjens
Dr. Michael Newton has once again captivated me with his stories of lives between lives. In this book, Dr. Newton allows his Newton center trainees and professionals share their most insightful LBL regressions. Very interesting and not to be missed, but it is recommended that the reader reads all of Dr. Newton's other published works before delving into this one.
Cobus Koekemoer
A wonderful book that sheds light on our soul purpose. Through knowing the 'full truth' of how we planned our experiences in this life, it changes our viewpoint in such a way that we see life's challenges as brilliant opportunities for growth. It also gives food for thought on what we are actually doing to fullfil our life purpose.
Natalie
This is a great book. I wouldn't recommend reading it before JOS and DOS by Michael Newton. Those books are incredible, and Memories of the Aferlife is a useful supplement. There are many case studies in it, and they touch on a variety of issues that you can use to help find clarity in your own life.
Joy
Interesting set of case studies and a broad range of participants in Life Between Life Hypnosis. It resonates with things I've learned about (and by) shamanic journeying to drumming/rattling. Hypnosis is certainly an expanded or altered state of consciousness, so this makes sense. I intend to read more.
Erren Wolf
This book details experiences that people have under hypnosis to learn about their past lives and their lives between lives in the Spirit World. It is a marvellous book and shows how this process can heal and resolve old issues and reveal what is really behind some of life's problems. Fascinating.
Mintti
Wow, something to think about...this was a slowly to read -book. Took time to digest the stories of people. And made me think about my own lessons in this life, the stuff I've chosen myself to learn in this lifetime. I liked it, like I've liked the other books of Michale Newton.
Mitzi
A good follow up the Journey and Destiny of Souls books, the most interesting thing I noticed was how some of the clients were told they were here to help with an upcoming change here on planet Earth... Time will tell what that turns out to be, I suppose!
Jean
this was just stories - the other two books are much better. Michael Newton just rocked my world and now my views are death are so suddenly changed.
Daniela
This was an amazing book. Could not put it down. I am very interested in the afterlife. And the work that the author does, confirms the possibility.
Julie
Read his other books first, but this is a good addition. I hope he publishes more of these, they give me hope.
Lorrie
I don't necessarily agree with everything in this book, but i find the subject fascinating! Enjoyed!
Heather
Very interesting stuff. The stories in the first half of the book resonated with me very strongly.
Sara
More fascinating stories, although I did enjoy Journey of Souls more.
Sylvia
Read his other books first, but this is a good addition.
Melanie Rose
An uplifting read - I hope there's life after death!
Sheyna Galyan
Sheyna Galyan marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
  • Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation
  • Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers
  • Messages from the Masters: Tapping into the Power of Love
  • Classics of Indian Spirituality: Includes: The Bhagavad Gita, The Dhammapada, and The Upanishads
  • Children's Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • Old Souls: Compelling Evidence From Children Who Remember Past Lives
  • The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
  • Ultimate Journey
  • Assertiveness for Earth Angels: How to Be Loving Instead of "Too Nice"
  • Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences
  • How To See & Read The Aura
  • Yoga for Wellness: Healing with the Timeless Teachings of Viniyoga
Michael Newton, Ph.D., born in 1951, holds a doctorate in Counseling Psychology, is a certified Master Hypnotherapist, and is a member of the American Counseling Association. He has also been on the faculty of higher educational institutions as a teacher while active in private practice in Los Angeles. Over many years, Dr. Newton developed his own intensive age regression techniques in order to ef ...more
More about Michael Newton...
Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression The Michael Newton Journey of Souls Boxed Set Lelkünk útja II.

“What is true forgiveness? M: It is understanding that each creation has their own method of learning and producing, and they’re entitled to mistakes, as I am. The growth process isn’t perfect, and you must understand that so you don’t always remember people for the hurt you imagined from them in the past.” 0 likes