Wolverine: Tales of Weapon X

Wolverine: Tales of Weapon X (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Collecting six action-packed tales from Wolverine's mysterious past First, join Charles Xavier as he journeys deep into Wolverine's mind on a quest for answers that will shed new light on one of the darkest periods of Logan's life - his days in the Weapon X program It's a brand-new look at the horrifying history of Marvel's most prominent mutant Next, return to the early d...more
Published November 25th 2009 by Marvel (first published April 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

JB
I always jump to the opportunity to learn more about one of my favorite Marvel characters and his origin, I'm talking about the man, the mutant who is the best at what he does. He goes by many names, Weapon X, James Howlett, Logan, Wolverine to name a few.

The stories in this book are a nice addition to the existing origin stories about Wolverine. It touches upon Wolverine's earlier days at the Xavier School for the Gifted.

You get six stories including various X-men characters like Colossus, Gam...more
Emily Green
Wolverine: Tales of Weapon X offers several different Wolverine stories from several different series and with varying success. The most compelling of the pieces is the first, “Weapon X: First Class,” which details the efforts of Wolverine and Professor Xavier to uncover some of Wolverine’s blocked memories.

Wolverine’s past, as everyone knows who is even tangentially familiar with X-Men, is a big mystery. For a long time, he does not know where he is from or how he got the adamantium skeleton t...more
Gaisce
This collects "Weapon X: First Class" issues one through three, "Wolverine: First Class" issues one and two, and Power Pack #2. For a compilation graphic novel, the stories are better connected than most, although it retreads a lot of Wolverine's major characterization marks. Always a loner, "the best he is at what he does," and constant symbolic references to his inner turmoil of fighting the animal within. For people just getting into the character, this is a nice--if not sometimes redundant--...more
Max Ostrovsky
Okay, so I didn't even realize this was meant for all audiences until mid way through...and I didn't mind it at all. The artwork was great for the different stories, although there were some eyebrow raises. I understand that the Gambit story was of his youth, but his look was had too much sexually ambiguity. Did he have a sex change before he joined the X-Men? Seriously, he looked like a girl.
I did love the artwork throughout, but especially in the Xavier mind journey stories.
The Kitty Pryde s...more
ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak}
Wolverine comics with a bit of DP and wee Remy Lebeau make a girl happy :p
Randy
These stories give some details about Wolverine, my favourite X-Man. the more back story I get the more I want to read. Like Prof. X, going into Logan's mind to find his memories, the writers can have a good time creating the events that have lead to such a troubled man.

I picked this book up because Wolverine is on the cover.

I finished it because he has many good stories to tell.

I would recommend this to Thomas, though, I think he likely has read it already.
Sean Camoni
Not bad - aimed at a younger audience. Some good stuff, revisting stories you've mostly probably seen/read/heard before.
Benjamin
Relatively good story throughout, though I almost enjoyed the side-stories at the end more than the main story (Deadpool and Gambit). Art in the main story was... interesting. The characters seemed to be made of rubber bands, though at times it contributed to the portrayal of action in the frame, most of it just seemed out of place.
Gord
If this came out 25 years ago , I would give it full marks for being awesome. Sadly despite being an original Wolverine fan , I'm bored of him now , way too many takes about his origin and just simply way too much stuff on him. Its a good Wolverine read but I'm personally penalizing all X titles nowadays.
Amanda Borenstadt
Great read and safe for all ages.
If you enjoyed Origins, you'll like this- maybe even more. Dig down into Logan's past.
The Deadpool story in the middle of the book made me literally LOL.
But my fav. story in the book was the one where Logan is forced to team up with Kitty.
Tek
More of an introduction into the First Class titles than a complete arc in collected form. The Weapon X parts were the best. I liked the artwork and special appearances by Sabretooth, Deadpool and Gambit.
Frank Taranto
I really liked the first part with Professor Xavier helping Wolverine learn about his past by going into Wolverine's head. The story with Kitty Pryde was OK. The Power Pack story was a waste of paper.
Keith Bryan
This was really good for a compilation of X-Men comics. I like Logan a lot so of course I wasn't bored. I would recommend to others who like super powered mutant societies.
Angela
Ok, another retelling of Wolverine finding out about Weapon X with the Professor. The small Deadpool strip was very funny though.
Jonathan Kistemann
Definitely had a good story, didn't stray too much from Wolverines history. Last chapter was lame.
Jacob De la torre
Jacob De la torre marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
JB
JB marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Aaron Ingram
Aaron Ingram marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Marvel Zombies 3 Marvel Zombies 4 Action Philosophers Action philosophers!: the lives and thoughts of history's A-list brain trust told in a hip and humorous fashion, Vol. 1 X-Men Noir Marvel Zombies Return