Start by marking “The Lovely Bones & Looking Glass” as Want to Read:
The Lovely Bones & Looking Glass

The Lovely Bones & Looking Glass

Once in a generation a novel comes along that taps a vein of universal human experience, resonating with readers of all ages. The Lovely Bones is such a book. It is a story of unspeakable tragedy and loss, but also of abiding love and even joy. With its astonishing force, The Lovely Bones has captured the hearts of millions of readers around the world.

In this limited edit

Published November 11th 2009 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about The Lovely Bones & Looking Glass, please sign up.

Sparkle Frederick It's hard to see, but if you look closely, you can see that the overlay is made of the pictures of children who have been reported missing to the…moreIt's hard to see, but if you look closely, you can see that the overlay is made of the pictures of children who have been reported missing to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I've looked at it, but it's such a special edition that I tend keep it in the box with the band on the pages. It really is a special thing.(less)

Clarissa
Nov 20, 2013 Clarissa rated it really liked it
Tara
Aug 22, 2010 Tara rated it really liked it
In some ways I am horrified that I could not put this book down. Somewhat like being drawn to staring at a horrifying traffic accident. And yet, I am amazed by the author's strength, honesty and courage. It was part of a book relay and I will be sending it off!
Jessica Zeta
Jan 26, 2010 Jessica Zeta rated it it was amazing
Postponed doing my hw for about 4-5 hrs. Well worth it. At first unsettling and scary, but by the end, satisfying, poignant, and insightful. Kinda cried at the end.
Rana
May 22, 2013 Rana rated it really liked it
The lovely bones is a heartfelt story of how a family has to live with the burden of knowing that their daughters/sisters murderer is out there, somewhere, but he is closer than they think. Every day, Jack, Lindsey, Abigail, and Buckley Salmon has to live with the burden of having a tomb in the middle of their house.
While Susie’s family bares the burden of her lost life, Susie bares the burden of having to know the fact that her murderer lives right across the street from her family, and knowin
Reyannan Miller
Oct 15, 2012 Reyannan Miller rated it it was amazing
Subject matter can be disturbing at times,well written and very well developed characters. If you are looking for something different, go for it! Quick read,would not suggest this for beach reading.
Diane
Oct 12, 2010 Diane rated it did not like it
This was a difficult book for me to read. I had to keep putting it down. The content and plot was too much for me. I found it very disturbing.
Cassie Chea
Aug 31, 2015 Cassie Chea rated it really liked it
I almost feel terrible for enjoying this book, but it was very hard to put down. The book begins in the 1973 with young Suzy Salmon who is lured into an evil trap by the kind of freak that you hear about on "America's Most Wanted". This Mr. Harvey welcomes her into his "secret hideout" that he has made for all the neighborhood kids, and before she knows it, her spirit has left her body and her childhood and innocence have been taken from her. It is now up to her to keep her sister from that same ...more
Jim
May 07, 2012 Jim added it
I had a hard time reading this book, the subject matter is very disturbing and the ending hard to believe.
Czar Puentes
Sep 17, 2012 Czar Puentes rated it really liked it
Interesting insight on heaven. The details that were involved were pretty interesting loved the book made me angry of course in some parts and sad in others but all in all good book.
Julie
Apr 03, 2010 Julie rated it it was ok
I really didn't like this as much as everyone else. I thought it was going to be a suspense novel, but it wasn't at all. Didn't even wind up seeing the movie when it came out.
Dianne Mallard
Dianne Mallard rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2011
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2013
Niki Glispie
Niki Glispie rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Heather
Aug 16, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite authors!
Lacey Carroll
Lacey Carroll rated it liked it
May 10, 2015
Samantha Sampson
Samantha Sampson rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Cherie Steggall
Cherie Steggall rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
Dawn Simpson
Dawn Simpson rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2015
مروان محمد
مروان محمد rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
Catherine Koontz
Catherine Koontz rated it really liked it
May 19, 2014
Reham
Reham rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Harmony
Harmony rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2013
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2014
Chloe
Chloe rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
May 24, 2010
Oona Love
Oona Love rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2011
  • Ploughshares Winter 2011-12
  • All My Sins remembered
  • The Copper Beech / Evening Class
  • Hold On Tight (Insiders, #5)
  • Enough To Make A Cat Laugh
  • Crusader
  • Dogs
  • Girlfriends
  • Your Roots Are Showing
Alice Sebold is an American writer. She has published three books: Lucky (1999), The Lovely Bones (2002), and The Almost Moon (2007).

More about Alice Sebold...

“She liked to imagine that when she passed the world looked after her, but she also knew how anonymous she was.” 6 likes