Start by marking “Dawn of a Thousand Nights: A Story of Honor” as Want to Read:
Dawn of a Thousand Nights: A Story of Honor

Dawn of a Thousand Nights: A Story of Honor (World War II Liberator #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Take a journey with Dan Fletcher and Libby Conner, both U.S. pilots fighting in WWII's Pacific Theater. Fletcher is captured by the Japanese and is forced to endure the horror of the Bataan Death March in the Philippines. Libby Conner is a WASP (Women Air Force Service Pilot), who ferries military planes between Hawaii and the South Pacific. Readers will be captivated by t ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Dawn of a Thousand Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn of a Thousand Nights

Dawn of a Thousand Nights is a story of survival and hope in God birthed during the most horrible of circumstances. It some ways this story reminded me of Pearl Harbor, only it was so much better. Unlike the movie, this story won't leave you feeling cheated at the end when the woman ends up with the wrong man. Libby remained faithful to Dan and though lonely at times, she trusted in God to see her through hard times. Times when she was tempted to doubt. Personal faith was born through their adve ...more
This was a well-researched historical novel, taking place during WWII. The first half of the book went slower for me, but the second was pretty hard to put down. I learned history I knew little or nothing about and was reminded how much we take for granted. The Christian message of the book came in gradually and naturally.
Great book ... very heart wrenching in places to see how people were treated as POW during WWII. I enjoyed the parts about the WAFS and WASPs as well ... it matched up with other books that I had read about the subject. The whole book was extremely well researched and it was hard to remember that it was a fictional account.
Totally amazing story! I love how it shows that the light of Christ can still shine in the darkest of places. Wonderful, wonderful story. I ve read it three times now!
Great story with a lot of history woven in!
Rebecca Young
Sep 27, 2015 Rebecca Young rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rebecca by: Heather Rodriguez
This was a great book, if you like war stories and all the ugly that comes with it. I had a most difficult time reading this book but it is my own personal hang-up with reading about war crimes and torture of prisoners and death camp marches, etc. However, having said that, the author does a thorough job of describing one of our defining moments in history of World War II, and the hope and inspiration that enabled many of our POWs and families at home to cope with their terrible absences and lon ...more
Colleen Lahey
Another wonderful story by Tricia Goyer.
#3 in the series, this one begins a few months before the bombing of Pearl Harbor. A female flight instructor, Libby meets and falls in love with an Army Air Force pilot named Dan. He gets shipped out to the Phillipines just before Pearl Harbor and ends up a POW. I didn't know anything about what happened in the Phillipines after Pearl Harbor except for the Bataan Death March and I didn't know a lot about that. Was very interesting to learn about it.
This book was amazing. I learned more about the Japanese & South Pacific conflict during WWII than I ever had before while enjoying a very well written, inspiring story.

My grandfather fought in the S. Pacific during WWII, and although he wasn't MIA/POW, this gave me a sense of what he might have gone through.

I also enjoyed the added viewpoint of Natsuo. The extra dimension of the book took it just that extra step further.
This was an incredible book, well researched & covering parts of WWII history I knew very little about. The role that women pilots played in the military, the veteran status they were not allowed to have in spite of their valiant efforts on behalf of the military and our country in wartime were a new part of WWII history for me. It was a great read for me. I highly recommend it
I was kinda shocked by some minor profanity that showed up. (page 345, "Crap", and the ones listed below)) I wouldn't mind it in a secular novel, but in a Christian?
Anyway, I LOVED IT!!!
I'd also highly recommend Tricia Goyer's other novels, especially Night Song and From Dust and Ashes.
A very moving story about love and forgiveness within the setting of WWII - the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Bataan death march and women pilots. A wonderful book, well done. As others have said, the historical aspects are very well researched and nicely woven into the story.
Another excellent book - historically it pulls you in and makes you want to read in one sitting - didn't happen but I kept having to go back to read - a little bit more. Read the series, am reading the last one now. Will go back to read more of this author.
This is probably my least favorite of the series, but I still really liked it. I felt that some plots/characters were rushed or not developed enough. Nevertheless, it's still a great story.
Just finished this novel. Really liked the accurate history in it. I learned more about WWII. The characters were fleshed out and memorable. Spiritual lessons touched me.
A WWII story about the south pacific by a Christian author. It was an enjoyable read, but very anticlimactic after reading "Unbroken".
Donia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Sarah added it
Nov 10, 2015
J'Nell Ciesielski
J'Nell Ciesielski marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Donna is currently reading it
Oct 24, 2015
Nancy marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Abigail marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
  • In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale, #3)
  • Nightingale (Brothers in Arms, #2)
  • Wildflowers of Terezin
  • Saving Amelie
  • Simple Faith (Peacemakers #2)
  • Shadowed by Grace (Story of Monuments Men #1)
  • Hostage Lands (Heroes & History #1)
  • A Father's Promise
  • For Such a Time
  • Daughter of Liberty (American Patriot Series #1)
  • The Night Crossing
  • The Dream
  • Springtime of the Spirit (The Great War, #3)
  • Small Town Girl
  • Unwilling Warrior (Seasons of Redemption, #1)
Tricia Goyer is a busy mom of six, grandmother of two, and wife to John. Somewhere around the hustle and bustle of family life, she manages to find the time to write fictional tales delighting and entertaining readers and non-fiction titles offering encouragement and hope. A bestselling author, Tricia has published thirty-three books to date and has written more than 500 articles. She is a two tim ...more
More about Tricia Goyer...

World War II Liberator (4 books)
  • From Dust and Ashes: A Story of Liberation (World War II Liberator #1)
  • Night Song: A Story of Sacrifice (World War II Liberator #2)
  • Arms of Deliverance: A Story of Promise (World War II Liberator #4)