Start by marking “Dawn of a Thousand Nights: A Story of Honor” as Want to Read:
Dawn of a Thousand Nights: A Story of Honor

Dawn of a Thousand Nights: A Story of Honor (World War II Liberator #3)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  185 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Take a journey with Dan Fletcher and Libby Conner, both U.S. pilots fighting in WWII's Pacific Theater. Fletcher is captured by the Japanese and is forced to endure the horror of the Bataan Death March in the Philippines. Libby Conner is a WASP (Women Air Force Service Pilot), who ferries military planes between Hawaii and the South Pacific. Readers will be captivated by t ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Dawn of a Thousand Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn of a Thousand Nights

Danica
Jul 19, 2010 Danica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book ... very heart wrenching in places to see how people were treated as POW during WWII. I enjoyed the parts about the WAFS and WASPs as well ... it matched up with other books that I had read about the subject. The whole book was extremely well researched and it was hard to remember that it was a fictional account.
Michelle
Dawn of a Thousand Nights is a story of survival and hope in God birthed during the most horrible of circumstances. It some ways this story reminded me of Pearl Harbor, only it was so much better. Unlike the movie, this story won't leave you feeling cheated at the end when the woman ends up with the wrong man. Libby remained faithful to Dan and though lonely at times, she trusted in God to see her through hard times. Times when she was tempted to doubt. Personal faith was born through their adve ...more
Melissa
This was a well-researched historical novel, taking place during WWII. The first half of the book went slower for me, but the second was pretty hard to put down. I learned history I knew little or nothing about and was reminded how much we take for granted. The Christian message of the book came in gradually and naturally.
Meghan
Feb 18, 2014 Meghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Totally amazing story! I love how it shows that the light of Christ can still shine in the darkest of places. Wonderful, wonderful story. I ve read it three times now!
Brittany
Aug 21, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story with a lot of history woven in!
Rebecca Young
Sep 27, 2015 Rebecca Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rebecca by: Heather Rodriguez
This was a great book, if you like war stories and all the ugly that comes with it. I had a most difficult time reading this book but it is my own personal hang-up with reading about war crimes and torture of prisoners and death camp marches, etc. However, having said that, the author does a thorough job of describing one of our defining moments in history of World War II, and the hope and inspiration that enabled many of our POWs and families at home to cope with their terrible absences and lon ...more
Colleen Lahey
Jan 27, 2015 Colleen Lahey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful story by Tricia Goyer.
Debbi
Mar 29, 2015 Debbi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3 in the series, this one begins a few months before the bombing of Pearl Harbor. A female flight instructor, Libby meets and falls in love with an Army Air Force pilot named Dan. He gets shipped out to the Phillipines just before Pearl Harbor and ends up a POW. I didn't know anything about what happened in the Phillipines after Pearl Harbor except for the Bataan Death March and I didn't know a lot about that. Was very interesting to learn about it.
Diana
Jul 23, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. I learned more about the Japanese & South Pacific conflict during WWII than I ever had before while enjoying a very well written, inspiring story.

My grandfather fought in the S. Pacific during WWII, and although he wasn't MIA/POW, this gave me a sense of what he might have gone through.

I also enjoyed the added viewpoint of Natsuo. The extra dimension of the book took it just that extra step further.
Debbie
This was an incredible book, well researched & covering parts of WWII history I knew very little about. The role that women pilots played in the military, the veteran status they were not allowed to have in spite of their valiant efforts on behalf of the military and our country in wartime were a new part of WWII history for me. It was a great read for me. I highly recommend it
Amanda
Jun 11, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very moving story about love and forgiveness within the setting of WWII - the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Bataan death march and women pilots. A wonderful book, well done. As others have said, the historical aspects are very well researched and nicely woven into the story.
Peggy
Jan 22, 2013 Peggy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book - historically it pulls you in and makes you want to read in one sitting - didn't happen but I kept having to go back to read - a little bit more. Read the series, am reading the last one now. Will go back to read more of this author.
Kathleen
This is probably my least favorite of the series, but I still really liked it. I felt that some plots/characters were rushed or not developed enough. Nevertheless, it's still a great story.
Sharon
Mar 06, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this novel. Really liked the accurate history in it. I learned more about WWII. The characters were fleshed out and memorable. Spiritual lessons touched me.
Debbie
Feb 19, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A WWII story about the south pacific by a Christian author. It was an enjoyable read, but very anticlimactic after reading "Unbroken".
Jennifer Nelson
Jul 30, 2013 Jennifer Nelson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-book-dump
Too cliche.
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Lydia
Lydia added it
Jun 11, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Valerie Wyse
Valerie Wyse marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Leggings Are Never Pants
Leggings Are Never Pants marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Baz
Baz marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
  • Blue Skies Tomorrow (Wings of Glory, #3)
  • Nightingale (Brothers in Arms, #2)
  • Wildflowers of Terezin
  • Simple Faith (Peacemakers #2)
  • Letters from Grace (Love and War #1)
  • Springtime of the Spirit (The Great War, #3)
  • Rebel's Keep (Crown and Covenant, #3)
  • The Victory Club
  • For Such a Time
  • Shadowed by Grace (Story of Monuments Men #1)
  • Love Comes Home (Rosey Corner, #3)
  • A Father's Promise
  • Unwilling Warrior (Seasons of Redemption, #1)
  • Flame of Resistance
  • Washington's Lady (Ladies of History, #3)
  • Daughter of Liberty (American Patriot Series #1)
Tricia Goyer is a busy mom of six, grandmother of two, and wife to John. Somewhere around the hustle and bustle of family life, she manages to find the time to write fictional tales delighting and entertaining readers and non-fiction titles offering encouragement and hope. A bestselling author, Tricia has published thirty-three books to date and has written more than 500 articles. She is a two tim ...more
More about Tricia Goyer...

World War II Liberator (4 books)
  • From Dust and Ashes: A Story of Liberation (World War II Liberator #1)
  • Night Song: A Story of Sacrifice (World War II Liberator #2)
  • Arms of Deliverance: A Story of Promise (World War II Liberator #4)