Morning's Refrain

Morning's Refrain (Song of Alaska #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,023 ratings  ·  52 reviews
As dark family secrets threaten the tranquility of the life he's come to love, Dalton Lindquist must make difficult choices about the future. To complicate matters, Phoebe Robbins falls into his life quite literally when Dalton rescues her after she tumbles overboard in the Sitka Harbor. He quickly loses his heart. But Dalton is not the only one who decides to seek Phoebe'...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Morning's Refrain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morning's Refrain

Jodi
This one was even better than the first book. The characters seemed much more real in this one and while there were conflicts between characters it was more believable since Dalton's brothers played a very minor role in the story. I loved seeing how Dalton dealt with their truly evil characters and it made his faith stronger. Can't wait until the next book comes out!
Carrie Kaut
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS!!!!*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* not many or anything of importance but i still hate giving anything away without a warning

I really enjoyed the book but I don't know there was something disappointing about it...It skipped so far ahead into the future with Dalton and I loved that it progressed with him I just wish there was more with Kjell and Lydia..But after the heir of Montana series everything is kind of a disappointment to me..I wish that evie's husba...more
Pathway
Morning's Refrain was just as good as Dawn's Prelude (book 1). This book was probably a little more predictable at points, but also throw me for a loop quite a few times. I was surprised on how far ahead this book jumped in time from book 1. I figured it would stay in the same time period and just focus on a different sub-character as many of Peterson's books do, but this book actually jumps ahead about 18 years and focuses on the life of Lydia's son Dalton. This book would be great for teens as...more
Amy
I give this book one star very much in the sense of I didn't like it. The whole genre isn't my cup of tea, and I should have known better. However, it was sitting right there and my friend was late and I'm a fast reader....
So, yeah, freely acknowledged. My mistake.
Maybe I found this book less than interesting becaue I've never read "Song of Alaska, #1"? That's a possibility, though I seem to have picked it up rather fast.
I will say this of Tracie Peterson, it wasn't the "Christian" part of this...more
Camille
A while back I wrote a rave review about

Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson

You can read my review for this book here: http://books-camilleelise4.blogspot.c...

I absolutely loved Dawn's Prelude and I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. It is, to date, probably one of my favorite Kindle freebies that I have ever received.

Recently, I contacted Bethany House Publishers and they were kind enough to send me copies of the next two books in the series, Morning's Refrain and Twilight's Serenade to review. I am under...more
Margaret
Aug 03, 2010 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Amy Kittel
I really loved reading the first in this series Dawn's Prelude and this continuation of Lydia's son Dalton's story in Morning's Refrain was delightful. Once again there is a beautiful cover for a beautiful story. In this second book in the Song of Alaska series readers are brought into the story of Dalton trying to come to terms with the legacy of evil men in his biological family and his possible love at first sight relationship with Phoebe Robbins.

The Morning's Refrain also contains a continu...more
Melissa W
Giving this book 2.5. I enjoyed the first half of the book, but for then on end the book seemed to fall into the old cliche that are Christian romance book. I would have liked to see Dalton not have as much spine as he had towards Marston and him fight his demons a little more than it be so very cliched that the good Christian finds a way to stand up to Marston. For the most part I really like Tracie's books, but this one was a big whatever. I would have liked to see Phoebe and Dalton's relation...more
L
Tracie Peterson is one of my favorite historical fiction writers. She does a wonderful job of combining Christian principles with romance and suspense. This book is the second in her Song of Alaska series, with the first being Dawn's Prelude. Morning's Refrain continues the story of Lydia and Kjell Lindquist, and centers on their son Dalton, and Lydia's sister Evie, both of whom return to their family's original home to try and solve some family mysteries, and put to rest bad memories. Peterson...more
Kati
This second book in the Song of Alaska series picks up approximately 18 years after the first. Dalton is now grown up and beginning to think about what he wants to do with his life. He also wants to know his history -- he doesn't like that others in town know about how his mother, older sister and he came to live in Sitka and the story behind that time, yet he does not. Not long after he is told the story, the opportunity presents itself for him to travel to Kansas City and meet his older siblin...more
Shawnee
Just started this book, but I'm already not "into" the book. This is book #2, and leaves off some 18 years after the 1st book ended. So far I can't empathize much with the characters. There was a lot that could have been done to further develop the characters from the 1st book, especially the end, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I could be wrong, as I have only started this and am starting the 2nd chapter. Hopefully the author will change my mind quickly...

Okay, after a somewhat slow...more
Maeleah
This is the second in the series, Song of Alaska. Phoebe has to move to Alaska with her family. Her dad has connections and so her family moves, much to her disappointment. Upon arrival she is in a boat and stands up, falling in the frigid water. Dalton runs to rescue her and she rebukes him for messing up her hair so he drops her back in the water and walks away. Stunned, of course, she is even more upset. Little does she know that the two of them actually will begin to court each other. Anothe...more
Kathy
Love this book can't wait to read #3..... It is wonderful to read a book without "trash" :)
Heather Sowalla
I found Morning's Refrain to be quite amazing. I wish there had been a bit more of Lydia and Kjell but came to love this book just as much. The different characters that were introduced made it interesting. I am curious to see what happens in the next book in the installment as I have read it deals with Britta, Dalton's sister. I have a great love for Alaska so this series has touched my heart. It makes me long for the wilderness that I called home for a short time.
Shelly
Book #2 in a trilogy. I enjoyed how this book picked up where the first one left off without so much of a time gap so that you wonder what happened in the years between. This book has action, love and everyday life with friends and family with similar issues that we deal with. I love the Godly way these issues are approached. Not all of the characters are perfect or make great choices. Even some fall from grace. I will enjoy the final book.
Suzanne
Really enjoyed the second book in the series. :) I just love reading about the families she has up in Canada... and the struggles etc. that they go through.

Easy read... didn't want to put it down... loved the characters...not your book of the year award winner...
but until goodreads gets a 4.5 rating... this was more a 5 than a 4...
Suzanne Gunter McClendon
I thought that this was a great book, although I do not like the time jump between each book in the series so far. I would prefer a slower passage of time, more time to get involved with the characters' lives before they're on to the next stage of their lives.
Patricia
I liked this story--book 2 in this series--although it did seem to bog down a bit compared to book 1.
Vianey
I usually don't like sequels as much as the first books but this had a different set of characters and different story plot. I enjoyed reading about past characters and seeing their progress throughout the book. Definitely enjoyed this book.
Sandy Sandmeyer
The 2nd book in the Song of Alaska. It was a good book, although slow at times. The story is of Dalton and his life in Sitka. He goes back to Kansas City to meet his siblings and has decisions to make when he learns of his inheritance.
Kallie Hollingshead
This was not my favorite book. It had nothing to do with Phoebe and Dalton's love story. It was all about everyone else and their problems. And still about the Gray's and their influence. I got bored with this book.
Carolyn
I liked it. The only thing that bothered me was the idea that someone could be beyond redemption, because there is no such thing. The last chapter or so sets up the final book in the series.
Sierra
I really liked this book. I like how there was 2 romances. This series by Tracie Peterson is really a great one. I look foward to what there is in store for the characters in the third book.
Michelle Blackman
This is the title I need to buy to complete the series in the church library. We already have the first (Dawn's Prelude) and third (Twilight's Serenade) but I haven't read them YET.
Barbara
Loved this book. Second book in series and it was a wonderful book. Recommend to everyone. Wonderful Christian message throughout the book without preaching to anyone. Loved it!!
Destiny
What I like about this book is its romantic, and strong willed.
Its about a young woman and her family who moves to Alaska. and she falls in love with a boat builder.
Katri
I enjoyed the basic story line of this book, especially the location details, but I wish the author was better at developing her stories and characters.
Tina
I love Tracie Peterson's books! I have read everyone of her books that my library carries. Her books are an easy read but I love the drama/romance in them.
Leslie
I had much higher hopes for this part of the series after reading book one. However, I found it lacking in the story line, character development, etc.
Linda
The second book in the series takes the story to the next generation. There are still unresolved family complications that must be dealt with.
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • Within My Heart (Timber Ridge Reflections, #3)
  • Courting Miss Amsel (Heart of the Prairie #6)
  • That Certain Spark (Only in Gooding, #4)
  • A River to Cross
  • Scattered Petals (Texas Dreams, #2)
  • Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill, #2)
  • Deep in the Heart of Trouble
  • The Jewel of His Heart (Heart of the West, #2)
  • A Heart for Home (Home to Blessing, #3)
  • A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, #3)
  • The Lightkeeper's Bride (Mercy Falls, #2)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...
A Lady of High Regard (Ladies of Liberty, #1) A Daughter's Inheritance (The Broadmoor Legacy, #1) Land of My Heart (Heirs of Montana, #1) Dawn's Prelude (Song of Alaska, #1) Embers of Love (Striking a Match, #1)

“Often admitting our weakness and fear is the first step to finding rest in God. Our trust in Him isn't conveyed though superhuman confidence as much as it comes in the way of childlike reliance on Him.” 22 likes
“Instead of asking Him to remember you, why not pray to find comfort and value where He has taken you.” 20 likes