Start by marking “Beautiful Testing: Leading Professionals Reveal How They Improve Software” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Testing: Leading Professionals Reveal How They Improve Software

Beautiful Testing: Leading Professionals Reveal How They Improve Software (Theory In Practice)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Successful software depends as much on scrupulous testing as it does on solid architecture or elegant code. But testing is not a routine process, it's a constant exploration of methods and an evolution of good ideas.

Beautiful Testing offers 23 essays from 27 leading testers and developers that illustrate the qualities and techniques that make testing an art. Through person
Published October 29th 2009 by O'Reilly Media (first published October 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Testing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Testing

Natali
This book is just a bunch of essays on testing: server-side testing, web-testing, automated, manual... Just stories and testers experience. Seems this book should have been for all, but the one who is not interested in 'ALL' will find not so much interesting here.
I liked only one article from there - written by Lisa Crispin. This was about her team and their successfull start with Agile. Really inspiring.
Alejandro Teruel
I taught undergraduate courses in Software Engineering some ten years ago. Having moved up the academic managerial ladder since then, I read this collection of articles because I was curious to find out what practitioners deem interesting and worth writing about.

First of all, it is clear that there is a new generation of testers and writers. They mention some of the veterans I was used to reading like Cem Kaner, Brian Marick, James Back and Brett Pettichord whereas other veterans like Glenn Myer
Horst Gutmann
I started reading this book only months after it was released and finished it … well, (now) years later. One of the reasons for this is that early on one of the stories in that 23-stories-spanning collection was extremely uninteresting for me. So after years of it lying on my shelf I decided to get finally through it and the stories definitely got better. Still, also the rest of these articles remains a mixed bag. Some like "Software in Use" by Karen N. Johnson are extremely inspiring and simply ...more
Henk Poley
Wide collection of uhm.. 'job biographies'. Some might be more useful than others to your everyday work. Overall quite an enjoyable and quick read.
Steve Gates
Even though this was published in 2010, it still provides great insights into software testing...both the people that carry out this thankless job, and techniques and processes to do it right and better!
Ronald Rajagukguk
read this book while I'm starting a new role as test architect. I found it quite a good read, though didn't read all chapters. most of the contents are practical which you can bring to your daily routine. If you're a software tester or just someone who want to deliver a good quality softwar this book will teach you a lot.
Evelina Urbonaviciene
I've found some of the assays really inspiring and got ideas for my own daily job
Rudr
Apr 25, 2013 Rudr added it
vf
Matthew Barry
Matthew Barry marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Azad Osman
Azad Osman marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Ozan Erdem
Ozan Erdem marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Alisa-Natalia Loginova
Alisa-Natalia Loginova marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Rajiv
Rajiv marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
Mar 28, 2015
Matthew Olde
Matthew Olde marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Brienna
Brienna marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Emilio Duarte
Emilio Duarte marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Bas
Bas marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
ns
ns marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Leo Arias
Leo Arias marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
فائقة العوض
فائقة العوض is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2015
Josh Yeager
Josh Yeager marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Arindam Roy
Arindam Roy marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Kacper
Kacper marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Geethageethu
Geethageethu marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Anton Petrov
Anton Petrov marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Beautiful Data: The Stories Behind Elegant Data Solutions (Theory In Practice, #31)
  • Beautiful Architecture
  • Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
  • Lessons Learned in Software Testing: A Context-Driven Approach
  • Masterminds of Programming: Conversations with the Creators of Major Programming Languages
  • Perfect Software--And Other Illusions about Testing
  • 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts
  • More Joel on Software: Further Thoughts on Diverse and Occasionally Related Matters That Will Prove of Interest to Software Developers, Designers, and Managers, and to Those Who, Whether by Good Fortune or Ill Luck, Work with Them in Some Capacity
  • Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great
  • Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art
  • Manage Your Project Portfolio
  • Writing Secure Code

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

Theory In Practice (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Beautiful Security: Leading Security Experts Explain How They Think (Theory In Practice, #28)
  • Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts (Theory In Practice, #39)
  • Beautiful Code: Leading Programmers Explain How They Think
  • Beautiful Architecture
  • The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation
  • The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
  • The Art of Concurrency
  • The Art of Application Performance Testing: Help for Programmers and Quality Assurance
  • The Art of Agile Development
Bound to Ecstasy Ballrooms and Fish Fries The ABC OF THE SEA Ecologl Bkgrd Human Geog The Geometry Of The Word Problem For Finitely Generated Groups (Advanced Courses In Mathematics)