Start by marking “Fired to Hired: Bouncing Back from Job Loss to Get to Work Right Now” as Want to Read:
Fired to Hired: Bouncing Back from Job Loss to Get to Work Right Now

Fired to Hired: Bouncing Back from Job Loss to Get to Work Right Now

If you want to get hired today, you must be a great candidate and an exceptional job seeker.

Tory Johnson?s New York Times bestseller, Will Work from Home, was comprehensive and inspiring. Now, the Women For Hire CEO and Good Morning America workplace contributor returns with advice and real-life stories for finding the right job after being let go. Tory knows what it take
Published August 4th 2009 by Berkley (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fired to Hired, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fired to Hired

Ursula Shelton
Nov 18, 2012 Ursula Shelton rated it really liked it

This book is awesome, she covered all of the bases concerning job searching. Having recently been laid off, I needed a catch all in a book. The book offered sound advice about job hunting, volunteer ring, Cobra. You name it, it is in the book. If you are currently seeking employment, give this book a try, you will not b dissappointed.
Apr 29, 2012 Brendan rated it liked it
The best part of this book is the philosophy, as exemplified by the title. Instead of a touchy-feely book about coping with job loss, it takes a matter-of-fact approach to the subject: you were fired, just like lots of people; it seems like a big deal to you, but it's not really a big deal, so get over it, start looking for a new job, and get back to work.

The book is strongest in its initial chapters that discuss dealing with job loss productively and effectively. It gets progressively weaker af
Chris Munson
Aug 15, 2012 Chris Munson rated it it was ok
Shelves: career
I originally picked up “Fired to Hired” during what I expected to be a prolonged period of unemployment. I was going to use this time to potentially build a business or at the very least take my time in selecting a new company. Conditions changed (I found out I was going to be a father) and I ended up taking a position more quickly than I probably should have. Long story short, I am again faced with the potential of being tossed around by the whims of corporate America, so I thought that it woul ...more
Ali Kay
Oct 30, 2013 Ali Kay rated it really liked it
This author knows her stuff. She tells of her own struggles and explains how to pick up the pieces after losing a job. In detail she goes through how to write a great resume and gives a list of essential key words that help your resume stand out. She also shows you how to write a nice cover letter. This book goes in depth on how to find work. There is a list of resources that is especially helpful. It's a great book for those that are out of work and need help getting back to work.
Tezlyn Reardon
Jan 11, 2013 Tezlyn Reardon rated it really liked it
This book is a lot of common sense, but it's one of those things where you need someone to say it for you to get it. I read this at a time when I had just lost my job and had lost all hope and confidence. I would recommend it for nothing else then an empowerment tool that reminds you that you are in control of what happens next.
Lawrence Stone
Oct 20, 2011 Lawrence Stone rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book for the most part. As someone who recently quit his job to go back to school it has helped in my search for a new job that will work with my school schedule. This book has a lot of great advice. I wrote a review for it on my my blog @
Jun 23, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
This is an inspiring, informative and fast read. This book is chock full of great advice and resources, but the best part is that it is uplifting. I want to loan it out, but I also want to reread it, just because it makes me smile.
Melissa Lopes
Apr 06, 2013 Melissa Lopes rated it really liked it
Unfortunately had to read this book but it was very good. It covered all the exact emotions involved with job loss. Also gave good tips and a bit of inspiration.
Mark rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2011
Vangie rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2013
Studio60 rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2012
Cynthia rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Kevin rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Clifford rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2012
Deb rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2011
Jeff rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2013
Christian rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Jenny Sec
Jenny Sec rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Amaryah rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
diana rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Jenna rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2010
Renee rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Karla J Sanders
Karla J Sanders rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2015
Mar 11, 2011 Michael rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book to help you find your own destiny
Adrienna rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2012