Fired to Hired: Bouncing Back from Job Loss to Get to Work Right Now

Fired to Hired: Bouncing Back from Job Loss to Get to Work Right Now

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  9 reviews
If you want to get hired today, you must be a great candidate and an exceptional job seeker.

Tory Johnson?s New York Times bestseller, Will Work from Home, was comprehensive and inspiring. Now, the Women For Hire CEO and Good Morning America workplace contributor returns with advice and real-life stories for finding the right job after being let go. Tory knows what it take...more
Published August 4th 2009 by Berkley Trade (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fired to Hired, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fired to Hired

Brendan
The best part of this book is the philosophy, as exemplified by the title. Instead of a touchy-feely book about coping with job loss, it takes a matter-of-fact approach to the subject: you were fired, just like lots of people; it seems like a big deal to you, but it's not really a big deal, so get over it, start looking for a new job, and get back to work.

The book is strongest in its initial chapters that discuss dealing with job loss productively and effectively. It gets progressively weaker af...more
Chris Munson
I originally picked up “Fired to Hired” during what I expected to be a prolonged period of unemployment. I was going to use this time to potentially build a business or at the very least take my time in selecting a new company. Conditions changed (I found out I was going to be a father) and I ended up taking a position more quickly than I probably should have. Long story short, I am again faced with the potential of being tossed around by the whims of corporate America, so I thought that it woul...more
Ali Kay
This author knows her stuff. She tells of her own struggles and explains how to pick up the pieces after losing a job. In detail she goes through how to write a great resume and gives a list of essential key words that help your resume stand out. She also shows you how to write a nice cover letter. This book goes in depth on how to find work. There is a list of resources that is especially helpful. It's a great book for those that are out of work and need help getting back to work.
Ursula

This book is awesome, she covered all of the bases concerning job searching. Having recently been laid off, I needed a catch all in a book. The book offered sound advice about job hunting, volunteer ring, Cobra. You name it, it is in the book. If you are currently seeking employment, give this book a try, you will not b dissappointed.
Tezlyn Reardon
This book is a lot of common sense, but it's one of those things where you need someone to say it for you to get it. I read this at a time when I had just lost my job and had lost all hope and confidence. I would recommend it for nothing else then an empowerment tool that reminds you that you are in control of what happens next.
Lawrence Stone
I enjoyed this book for the most part. As someone who recently quit his job to go back to school it has helped in my search for a new job that will work with my school schedule. This book has a lot of great advice. I wrote a review for it on my my blog @ mydaddythebassplayer.blogspot.com.
Melissa Lopes
Unfortunately had to read this book but it was very good. It covered all the exact emotions involved with job loss. Also gave good tips and a bit of inspiration.
Michael
Wonderful book to help you find your own destiny
Fatima
Signed by Tory Johnson herself
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
LaSchelle
LaSchelle marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Douglas
Douglas marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Vince Stegall
Vince Stegall marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Amy Witwer Clements
Amy Witwer Clements is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Lara
Lara added it
Jan 17, 2014
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Rick
Rick marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Shift: How I Finally Lost Weight and Discovered a Happier Life Spark & Hustle: Launch and Grow Your Small Business Now The shift Women For Hire: The Ultimate Guide to Getting A Job Will Work from Home: Earn the Cash--Without the Commute