Start by marking “101 Ways to Bug Your Parents” as Want to Read:
101 Ways to Bug Your Parents

101 Ways to Bug Your Parents

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  606 ratings  ·  68 reviews
Steve "Sneeze" Wyatt was born to invent things, and his latest gadget— the Nice Alarm, which wakes you up with a gentle tap on the shoulder—promises to make him rich and famous! All Sneeze needs to do is attend the Invention Convention, and he will be catapulted into stardom. So, when Sneeze’s convention plans are nixed by his parents, who have enrolled him in a creative w ...more
Published May 5th 2005 by Puffin Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Ways to Bug Your Parents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Ways to Bug Your Parents

midnightfaerie
A story about a 6th grader who likes to invent things, this 4th grade reading level (at least 4th grade) was a delight to my 6 yr old who read it on his own. He loved the fun names, it was easy to read for him and engaging at the same time. He doesn't like all books and sometimes balks at length, so he almost didn't pick this one up. But I encouraged him to read just a few chapters and he was hooked. This isn't so with all books, so we'll definitely be looking up this author again!
Antoine Kupfer
September, 18 2014

Wyatt is born to invent things. Every time he presents his invention to his class it always finishes at the principal's office. He really wanted to show a supper invention that he just made, so, he decided to wait until the end of the year to show it. It was a very clever idea to wait, because if it would explode or something he wouldn’t have another detention. He presents it to the class by calling it the "Nice Alarm Clock", It could wake you up by tapping gently on your sho
Amir Mojiry
یادم نیست کی خوندمش فقط یادمه که همزمان بود با پخش شدن سریالی ایرانی با همین نام و اقتباس شده از همین رمان از شبکه ی تهران.
چیزی که الان می تونم بگم اینه که احتمالن طبق یه قاعده ی همیشگی، باز هم کتاب بهتر از فیلم بود
Fatemeh
با اینکه خوندنش برمیگرده به گدشته های دور! (حداکثر اول راهنمایی بودم خوندمش) اما همون موقع هم خیلی جدبم نکرد؛ هم راهکار هاش تو ایران جواب نمیداد (:D) هم داستان خیلی کسل کننده بود... زیادی رئال، زیادی معمولی! ادرنالین کافی رو نداشت :D حتی اگر زیر 10 سالین پول ندین بابتش؛ از کتابخونه بگیرید اول!
Krista Stevens
Highly recommended by 9-year-old twins Jake and Brian. Funny and clever story of a sixth grade inventory (or wanna-be), who with most of his class ends up taking summer school - all for a variety of reasons, that are a big of a stretch.

Regardless, that sets the scene as students take a Creative Writing class and mysteries, suspense, and misunderstandings occur.

Hiccup is a little too extreme for me. Goldie is hilarious. Great relationship with Scribbler and Hiccup and Scribbler and Hayley. Parent
James Davis
I thought that this was a very good book. It had alot of humor in it so it kept me entertained throughout the whole book. The story wasn't complicated at all either so I understood everything perfectly. This book is about a boy who needs to go to summer school. And in summer school they are making a book, so he decides to make a book about how to bug your parents. The book was a big hit and he made alot of money, but there were alot of bumps along the way. Pretty much anyone will enjoy this book ...more
Amir Hossein
داستان یه پسر خلاق و نوآور که با اطرافیانش تفاوت معنادار داره! و رفیق شفیقی که تنهاش نمی ذاره، و برای رسیدن به هدفش هیچ گزینه ای رو امتحان نکرده بیخیال نمیشه!
مدت ها بود سر یه کتاب انقده نخندیده بودم. کتاب خوب و روونی بود و نویسنده به خوبی از پس روایت داستان از زبان یه بچه دبستانی با اون حال و هوا و اون فضای ذهنی و دغدغه ها براومده...
ElHaM Y
Feb 19, 2007 ElHaM Y rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Meghdad`, Negar !!!!!!
I Loved It !!!
Zen V
It's about a boy name Sneeze, just living a ordinary life in his neighborhood. He was really into creations and he really wanted to go to this convention during summer. His mom and dad were scientists so they were always busy in the lab and they couldn't take Sneeze to the convention but to summer school instead, Sneeze was really mad so hes making 101 ways to bug his parents, then his friends found out about his book and they want to buy it, Sneeze thinks it's a good idea to get money to go to ...more
William
This was a good book because it took someone the same age as me doings something that I wouldn't do. It was a really funny book. He doesn't have enough money to go this fair so he creates a list that will drive his parents insane. He gets a job and has to go to summer school. He sells the books he made in his summer school on school property to get enough money. He doesn't know that it is illegeal.
Ben Styer
I recently finished reading this book "101 Ways To Bug Your Parents". Lee Wardlaw did a very good job on this one and that is why I have rated it with 4.5 stars. In this book Steve Wyatt ("Sneeze")makes inventions. The invention he is making now is the "Nice Alarm". Sneeze really wants to go to the "Invention Convention" but, will he have enough money to go? My favorite part of this book is all the humor and everthing Sneeze does to try and raise enough money to go to the "Invention Convention" ...more
Tnb
Very funny. Very witty. Very down to earth and relevant. Entertaining. Simple. Can be appreciated by kids as young as 9 and as old as 76 and of course their parents:)
Sara Nava
این کتاب عالیه ، من چند سال پیش تو دوره نوجوانی خوندم یعنی تقریبا همسن و سال راوی داستان بودم ، قشنگ باش همزاد پنداری می کردم!
Amanda
101 Ways to Bug Your Parents follows Sneeze as he tries to work his way to the Invention Convention- his one shot at making it big time as an inventor. The problem is, his parents can't afford to send him and every way he thinks of to get the money falls short. That doesn't stop him, though, and he keeps trying until it all falls down around him.

I enjoyed that this book gave me a look into a child grieving a mother, a child with a mental illness, and a rich variety of characters with whom Sneez
Zach Naegele
When amateur inventor Steve, aka. Sneeze, is enrolled in a summer writing class, he decides to get revenge on his inattentive parents. Steve’s parents work constantly, and when they decide to cancel the family vacation, he tries to find a way to get to an invention convention that he has been dying to attend. Steve simultaneously raises money working at a golf course, while writing a list of ways to annoy his parents. Eventually he gets the idea to sell the list to pay for his personal vacation. ...more
Mirkojeck jeck
this book is more for kids who like stuff which doesent really hapen in real life, and thats why I liked this book it has things in it that doesent exsist in real life. when I first saw the cover of the book I thought there were only tips inside but when I started reading it it was a real story so I just couldn't stop reading it, and it as very funny, because main character in the book has a dream, he wants to become a scientist, and he's very smart but he always has minor mistakes that screw up ...more
Grace
A humorous story about two boys and their rushed attempt at fame and fortune. However, not crossing their 'T's and dotting their 'I's proves to be a bigger mistake than they initially assumed. The realization that some things, big or small, can have extremely large consequences had yet to set in and created a large mess that was more than they could simply sweep under the rug.
Tony
Going to be honest here, the first thing I did was skip to the end to get the list. Similiar to the sequel, the list tells you ways to bug the target and there's some in there that's going to land you in harsh consequences. The book was pretty funny, but the storyline was just weird. The ending was also a very nice touch since it wrapped things up well.
Neema Rafizadeh
I Love this book so much!one of my favorite parts from the book is the way that sneeze describes a normal alarm different from the nice alarm "instead of jolting you out of bed with obnoxious buzzing or clanging, this arm lowers and gently twice on the shoulder." right now im on pg.48 i am planning on finishing this book tomorrow and get some concentration
On My SlOw FlOw NaMeAn
This book is really funny because it can give you a lot of ideas on how to bug your parents. This book reminds me of my cousin Tony because he writes crazy things like this all the time. He wants to write books like these when he grows up. So anybody that wants to bug their parents read this book.
Mimi
Apr 26, 2011 Mimi added it
This book is like those books that make you laugh and then think as well, like there's a serious side, but it's not an overwhelming type of serious because it also has a funny side. The feeling of reading this book was similar to reading Why I Hate School By Micheal Fatarsky. Loved it!!!
Candace
I read this because Ethan was doing a book report on it. It was cute.
elham rezagholizadeh
خیلی کتاب خووبی بود کلی انرژی و روحیه گرفتم ازش، دغدغه یه پسر باهوش که برای رسیدن به آرزوها و هدفش تمام تلاششو میکنه به کمک یه دوست مهربون و پایه! نکته ش اینجاست که این پسر تا آخر راهی که میخواد بره تو ذهنش برنامه ریزی میکنه، بزرگ فکر میکنه ...
Caleb Lattin
This was a pretty good book. I thought it was funny. My favorite part was when Steve (aka Sneeze) says "hah" all the time as a response when his Dad is talking to him. I do this too sometimes and it bugs my mom.
Monique
I started this series with no real expectations, only wanting to laugh. This. Book. Is. Amazing. So sad that there are only 3, so I guess I'll have to reread all of them all over again in a couple of months!
Whitney Oaks
I bought this at the book fair when I was in middle school. I thought it would be like a guide that I could use and not get grounded. I was wrong... There should have been a warning label. LOL.
Love Peace
I absolutely love this book and it's sequel. I love a book where I can relate to the book character. It helps me understand the book better. But yeah this book is great.
Julie
Fun book. Yes, it is written for probably upper grade school so it is a quick read but it still has humor to it and deals with issues that children may face.
Megan
It is very halrious. I love how Sneeze and Hiccup find their own way into going to the invention convention. I got to love Sneeze's alarm clock.
  • Airball: My Life in Briefs
  • Beware the Fish! (MacDonald Hall, #3)
  • Stumptown Kid
  • Larger-Than-Life Lara
  • It Happened on a Train (Brixton Brothers, #3)
  • سفرهای نیكولا كوچولو
  • Saving Lilly
  • Trauma Queen
  • The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black (The Young Inventors Guild, #1)
  • The Naked Mole-Rat Letters
  • Skinnybones
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Practicing the Piano: But She Does Love Being in Recitals (Moxy Maxwell, #3)
  • Phineas L. MacGuire . . . Erupts!: The First Experiment
  • Athlete vs. Mathlete
  • The Guide Dog Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #53)
Lee Wardlaw swears that her first spoken word was 'kitty'. Since then, she's shared her life with 30 cats (not all at the same time!) and published close to 30 award-winning books for young readers, selling more than one million copies world wide.

Lee's newest books include Won Ton - A Cat Tale Told in Haiku, winner of the 2012 Lee Bennett Hopkins Children's Poetry Award and the 2012 Myra Cohn Livi
More about Lee Wardlaw...
Won-Ton: A Cat Tale Told in Haiku 101 Ways to Bug Your Teacher 101 Ways to Bug Your Friends and Enemies Won Ton and Chopstick: A Cat and Dog Tale Told in Haiku Red, White, and Boom!