Start by marking “The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)

The Pursuit (The English Garden #4)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,777 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews

Lori Wick's bestselling English Garden series (more than 720,000 copies sold) is filled with engaging characters and stories. Now with fresh, new covers, each of the four books in the series will hold a favorite spot on the nightstand or bookshelf of any reader who loves a great romance.

The Pursuit, book four in the series, is set in the spring of 1812, in Collingbourne,

Published (first published 2003)

Rachael
Jan 23, 2016 Rachael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rochelle
"I can think of God as my savior and even my friend, but I must never forget that He is God, and after He saves me, I must put myself in subjection to Him and His will." pg. 66

This book was so good!

I recommend this series wholeheartedly!

Out of the four, this one had the most action and the least amount of romance. I sincerely wish that Lori Wick would've written a book for Henry! I would devour it immediately!

Tate and Cassandra had me literally laughing out loud, which is something I've done
Crystal
Oct 22, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I enjoyed this book more than the others in the series. It was nice getting a break from a female perspective intent on the love and marriage aspect. I enjoyed the "change of scenery" with it following Edward on his travels back home. The ship, new and unusual characters, along with the mystery of Osborne and Denley made this a much more intriguing story to me and I felt it wrapped up the series nicely. All of the characters were well written. I thoroughly enjoyed the adventures with Edw ...more
Tanya Thumbran christ
Enjoyed this book so much even though I've not read the 3 sequels prior to it. It's good on its own as well. An entertaining love story with its share of drama ans suspense. would definitely seek out Lori's work going forward.
Massanutten Regional Library
Edna, Village patron, June 2015, 4 stars:

Last in the series and very charming...loved how she skipped ten years ahead to what all the families were doing.
Julie Cave
I like English accents, so this audio book was enjoyable. Only gave it 3 stars for its simple and rather predictable story.
Heidi
Jun 02, 2011 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was the last in the English Garden series and was my favorite. The biggest reason? There was actually a bad guy and a mystery. The other three were "just" love stories where you go through the courtship of a couple you knew were going to end up married. This time when Edward met Niki you knew that something serious was going on but didn't know what. Then when you did find out what was going on you had to see how it was all going to play out. There was more to the story than wondering how lo ...more
Judine
To be honest, I loved this book until the Epilogue, which just tried to wrap up too much. Edward and Niki's romance was beautiful and I'm delighted she took the trouble to show a widow with children doubting her ability to remarry. However, jumping ahead 12 years in the epilogue left me feeling unsatisfied with the ending. I also thought the newly married Steele sisters' storylines could have been wrapped up better than they were in the epilogue - a year later would have been much more appropria ...more
Becki
Perhaps the most interesting book of the series
Deana
I was desperate for a good relaxing read and the library was closing so I just looked for what looked like a good book near where I was standing! This cover was pretty and I read the back cover and it sounded like it could be good. It begins with mystery and adventure and ends with lots of romance. It was a perfect book for what I wanted. It is also a little religious. Overall I loved it. The main character is dealing with a big problem and when she finally shares her burden it becomes bearable! ...more
Eileen Bartsch
Dec 16, 2015 Eileen Bartsch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eileen
Stephanie Gilyeat
loved it
L8blmr
Aug 07, 2012 L8blmr rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a gift and my first book by this author. I did not know it was part of a series until I was already into it. There was a lot of jumping around from one couple to another, which readers of the whole series probably enjoyed, but it was distracting to me. Otherwise, it was a light, easy read, but I doubt I will be seeking out other books by this writer.
Kristelle
Apr 18, 2009 Kristelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I think this was the best of the four. The added mystery was great and the characters were ones that I already knew and loved. My only dissappointment was that there were a few characters she left out of the ending that I would have loved to have known what their lives were like.
Barbara
I gave up on this boring romance on page 70, after Edward Steele (brother of Cassandra of "The Visitor") finds a woman, Niki, posing as a man on a cruise to Lisbon, Portugal. All the intrigue in the world couldn't make me keep my eyes open through this book.
Naomi
Aug 14, 2012 Naomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good, had a good message. For the most part it was written well, there were some cheesy moments, and some oddly written dialogue at times, but other than that it was pretty good. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.
Jackie Wolfred
I just finished the final installment of "The English Garden" series, called "The Pursuit". I enjoyed all four books, set in the early 1800's. Easy to read, lovely messages and illustrations of one's faith in God.
Marilize
This series seems to be improving with each book.

This book actually had a good plot, with some excitement and mystery thrown in. And the children in this book were less sugary-sweet than children in previous books.
Christine
The story was good but the author keeps adding characters with each book and none of them go away. By book 4 you have to think too hard as to who had what story in the previous books (and I read them all in a a week!!)
Cassandra
Apr 06, 2011 Cassandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I liked this book because it displayed a good sense of the ridiculous without detracting from the main story the characters were fun and I thought the story itself was a good one.
Dec 29, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As all book series by Lori Wick, I loved it. Definitely nice, fluffy, light reads, that take you to another time and place. When I need to escape, a Lori Wick series is in order.
Susan
Sep 15, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 1/2 stars. This was the most preachy of them all. It was very slow in most other areas and just super preachy. Not that great.
Josiah
Plot: C
Writing: D+
Vocabulary: D
Level: Easy
Rating: PG13 (death of parent, kidnapping)
Worldview: Christian
Jody
Mar 25, 2012 Jody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great finish to the series. but the last chapter just kinda jumped several years (12 or so) with no warning!
Delia
Sep 01, 2009 Delia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally got #4 of the series....and I just loved it....what a nice finish to a great series...
A Lee
May 10, 2013 A Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad to see the series ending... But as always happy that the book was great as usual!
Mindy Bollinger
Jul 13, 2015 Mindy Bollinger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read
Love this book and love the story behind it and love the love story!
Partridge Public
Nov 09, 2007 Partridge Public added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Wick INSP
Shelves: inspirational
Wick, Lori PB
Lindy
Aug 17, 2011 Lindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
The entire series was a definite favorite.
Erika
Mar 23, 2008 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good adventure, and it has some nice surprises.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 18, 2014 09:51AM
  • June (Brides of the West, #2)
  • Across the Years (Desert Roses, #2)
  • The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia, #5)
  • Forevermore (Only in Gooding, #2)
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)
  • Deirdre (Fires of Gleannmara, #3)
  • A Conspiracy of Ravens (Lady Trent Mysteries #2)
  • There is a Season (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #3)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

The English Garden (4 books)
  • The Proposal (The English Garden, #1)
  • The Rescue (The English Garden, #2)
  • The Visitor (The English Garden, #3)

“I can think of God as my savior and even my friend, but I must never forget that He is God, and after He saves me, I must put myself in subjection to Him and His will.” 1 likes