Start by marking “Brave Charlotte and the Wolves” as Want to Read:
Brave Charlotte and the Wolves

Brave Charlotte and the Wolves

Charlotte has always stood out from the flock for her courage and sense of adventure. So when a group of sheep start bullying the others, Charlotte knows she has to do something about it. But there's an even bigger, even scarier bully lurking in the woods.... Our sheepish heroine is back in another exciting adventure, brought to life by truly exquisite acrylic paintings.
Published September 15th 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Brave Charlotte and the Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brave Charlotte and the Wolves

Jenny
Charlotte is a brave sheep who loves to be up high, but it makes the other sheep nervous. A group of sheep decide to prove how brave they are by pretending to be wolves and frightening the other sheep. But when the flock might be in danger, they are nowhere to be found. Can Charlotte help protect the flock?

Predictable but the illustrations are cute.
Kathryn
Jul 13, 2010 Kathryn rated it liked it
I didn't realize this is a sequel to "Brave Charlotte" until after I'd read it. I'm not sure if that took anything away from my enjoyment of the story. The illustrations are certainly cute and I always enjoy reading picture books from European authors since they are generally so hard to find over her in the States.

But, I am not really a fan of the story. It started off with a clever twist (hint: the wolves are not what you think they are!) and has a good anti-bullying message. But the "resoluti
Cara
A cute book about sheep. Charlotte lives with a herd of sheep and some of her peers call themselves wolves, a sheep gang, and cause trouble for the rest of the herd by being pesky and annoying.
When they hear wolf howls in the forest, the gang of 'wolves' are nowhere to be found. The next morning, Charlotte sets off to find the noise as a new howl is heard, different from the others. Creeping through the forest, she finds a stranded puppy on the top of a mountain, it's shrill howl what they heard
Alice
May 21, 2013 Alice rated it liked it
I didn't hate this book as much as other people did, because usually I am the one giving a low rating while everyone is gushing over it with 5 stars. It was a solid 2.5 for me but I rounded it to 3 as I don't have a half option.

So, what I learned from this book, is be your own sheep (or person) I am in a situation where something is really bad and everyone just ignores it and I am the only one willing to stand up and say something and follow through with my convictions. It takes courage to do t
Quadeema Jackson
Apr 05, 2013 Quadeema Jackson rated it really liked it
Charlotte is different from the other sheep. She marched to the beat of her own drum and did not change because she was not like the others. She had great courage and had a adventurous side unlike the other sheep. Charlotte has to face off with the wolves and help Mimi, the dog who was afraid. Charlotte goes in the forest and speaks to the wolves, who were not a threat to the sheep or their community. Charlotte assures the community that the wolves are not trying to cause trouble and peace conti ...more
Nov 06, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s, 2011, picture
I loved the charming illustrations in this book but found the plot wanting. The story was a bit confusing and took some effort to follow; I'm not sure if this is the style of the story or the translation. I also dislike stories about bullies in which the heroine tricks the bullies. I find it unrealistic and not an effective model for children who are bullied. I haven't read the original, Brave Charlotte, but this is one that I will skip for the elementary school collection.
Candice
Feb 17, 2011 Candice rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
Charlotte the sheep is my new heroine. She's smart. She's funny. She's brave. And she's cute as a button. A group of young sheep have formed a group called "The Wolves" and Charlotte must stand up to them. But there's another menace that's threatening Charlotte's flock, and it's Brave Charlotte to the rescue! Good story about bravery and great illustrations, too.
Grace
Very cute story about Charlotte a sheep who is different than the other sheep. She is sometimes made fun of by another group of sheep who call themselves the Wolves and like to play tricks on the herd. One day brave Charlotte goes to save the herd from a wolf and in the process outsmarts the bully group.
The Library Lady
Dec 08, 2009 The Library Lady rated it did not like it
I don't give a damn if the NY Times gave the predecessor to this a 'best illustrated' nod. The plot is asinine--my 10 year old writes much better stories! And if the awkward prose is due to poor translation, that still doesn't make it any better to read. Bleh!
Jo
Feb 22, 2010 Jo rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The best thing about these Brave Charlotte books are the illustrations done by Henrike Wilson.
Kayla
Apr 23, 2010 Kayla rated it really liked it
Charlotte is a credit to sheep everywhere. I loved the story to this darling picture book, and the illustration were very well done. I'd love to read this as a bed time story to my children some day.
Miss Jessica
Jan 09, 2014 Miss Jessica rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Weird story. Okay artwork. But I've resolved to get my new niece just about any book with her name in it.
Jeanne
Mar 11, 2010 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fun little book about bullies and a brave sheep who shows them for what they really are.
Brendan Howard
Jan 04, 2015 Brendan Howard rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-zahara
Writing was a little long for the format, but the Charlotte character--brave and no bulls***--is a good one. I'll definitely seek out the first book in the series.
Miri
Jan 24, 2013 Miri rated it liked it
Awkward writing, but a good story.
Danica Midlil
Danica Midlil rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2013
Jami
Jami rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2010
Diana
Diana rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2014
Shelli
Shelli rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2010
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2012
John
John rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2011
Es
Es rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2010
melissa
melissa rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2009
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2010
Boni
Boni rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2009
Alfajirikali
Alfajirikali rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2009
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2011