Start by marking “Brave Charlotte and the Wolves” as Want to Read:
Brave Charlotte and the Wolves

Brave Charlotte and the Wolves

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Charlotte has always stood out from the flock for her courage and sense of adventure. So when a group of sheep start bullying the others, Charlotte knows she has to do something about it. But there’s an even bigger, even scarier bully lurking in the woods . . . . Our sheepish heroine is back in another exciting adventure, brought to life by truly exquisite acrylic painting ...more
Published September 15th 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Brave Charlotte and the Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brave Charlotte and the Wolves

Kathryn
I didn't realize this is a sequel to "Brave Charlotte" until after I'd read it. I'm not sure if that took anything away from my enjoyment of the story. The illustrations are certainly cute and I always enjoy reading picture books from European authors since they are generally so hard to find over her in the States.

But, I am not really a fan of the story. It started off with a clever twist (hint: the wolves are not what you think they are!) and has a good anti-bullying message. But the "resoluti
Alice
I didn't hate this book as much as other people did, because usually I am the one giving a low rating while everyone is gushing over it with 5 stars. It was a solid 2.5 for me but I rounded it to 3 as I don't have a half option.

So, what I learned from this book, is be your own sheep (or person) I am in a situation where something is really bad and everyone just ignores it and I am the only one willing to stand up and say something and follow through with my convictions. It takes courage to do t
Quadeema Jackson
Charlotte is different from the other sheep. She marched to the beat of her own drum and did not change because she was not like the others. She had great courage and had a adventurous side unlike the other sheep. Charlotte has to face off with the wolves and help Mimi, the dog who was afraid. Charlotte goes in the forest and speaks to the wolves, who were not a threat to the sheep or their community. Charlotte assures the community that the wolves are not trying to cause trouble and peace conti ...more
I loved the charming illustrations in this book but found the plot wanting. The story was a bit confusing and took some effort to follow; I'm not sure if this is the style of the story or the translation. I also dislike stories about bullies in which the heroine tricks the bullies. I find it unrealistic and not an effective model for children who are bullied. I haven't read the original, Brave Charlotte, but this is one that I will skip for the elementary school collection.
Candice
Feb 17, 2011 Candice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
Charlotte the sheep is my new heroine. She's smart. She's funny. She's brave. And she's cute as a button. A group of young sheep have formed a group called "The Wolves" and Charlotte must stand up to them. But there's another menace that's threatening Charlotte's flock, and it's Brave Charlotte to the rescue! Good story about bravery and great illustrations, too.
Miss Jessica
Weird story. Okay artwork. But I've resolved to get my new niece just about any book with her name in it.
Grace
Very cute story about Charlotte a sheep who is different than the other sheep. She is sometimes made fun of by another group of sheep who call themselves the Wolves and like to play tricks on the herd. One day brave Charlotte goes to save the herd from a wolf and in the process outsmarts the bully group.
The Library Lady
I don't give a damn if the NY Times gave the predecessor to this a 'best illustrated' nod. The plot is asinine--my 10 year old writes much better stories! And if the awkward prose is due to poor translation, that still doesn't make it any better to read. Bleh!
Kayla
Charlotte is a credit to sheep everywhere. I loved the story to this darling picture book, and the illustration were very well done. I'd love to read this as a bed time story to my children some day.
Jo
The best thing about these Brave Charlotte books are the illustrations done by Henrike Wilson.
Jeanne
Fun little book about bullies and a brave sheep who shows them for what they really are.
Miri
Awkward writing, but a good story.
Feathertail
Feathertail marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Mari Chapman
Mari Chapman marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
MJ
MJ added it
Apr 27, 2013
Charlotte Babb
Charlotte Babb marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Emmabs
Emmabs marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Melany
Melany added it
Feb 03, 2013
Sarah added it
Jul 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Brave Charlotte Santa's Littlest Helper Travels the World Santa's Littlest Helper Gretas Entschuldigungen Ach du krümeliger Pfefferkuchen: Weihnachten bei den Poneleits (German Edition)