Start by marking “Ich hab dich im Gefühl” as Want to Read:
Ich hab dich im Gefühl

Ich hab dich im Gefühl

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  34,479 Ratings  ·  1,833 Reviews
Joyce überlebt nur knapp einen Unfall – und weiß, dass sie ab jetzt ganz anders leben will. Doch irgendetwas ist seltsam: Sie kann auf einmal fremde Sprachen und erinnert sich an Dinge, die sie gar nicht erlebt habt.
Justin ist als Gastdozent in Dublin. Er ist verdammt einsam, würde das aber nie zugeben. Als er eine junge Frau trifft, die ihm ungewöhnlich bekannt vorkommt,
Published October 2009 by Fischer (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ich hab dich im Gefühl, please sign up.

Jodi Henderson I listened to the book on CD along with my 12 yr old daughter. There was a little strong language, but not much. We both enjoyed it a great deal.

Helen Stavraki
Feb 28, 2016 Helen Stavraki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ένα υπέροχο βιβλίο. Απολαυστικά συγκινητικό και ευχάριστα κωμικό σε αρκετά σημεία με γρήγορη εξέλιξη και τοσο ενδιαφέρουσα υπόθεση που δεν το αφήνεις πριν το τελειώσεις.

Το καλύτερο από τα τρία βιβλία της Cecelia Ahern που έχω διαβάσει.

Παρόλο που αυτό το οποίο συμβαίνει στην ιστορία μας και περιγράφεται τοσο όμορφα δεν ειναι επιστημονικά τεκμηριωμένο ούτε κοινώς αποδεκτό, καταφέρνει να πείσει τον αναγνώστη και ίσως ίσως να τον βάλει σε σκέψεις για την αντιμετώπιση ή τα αποτελέσματα ενός τέτοιου
Mansi Sharma
"Sometimes we need all the glue we can get, just to hold ourselves together." This is one book that I just didn't want to have an end. It taught me so much. Specially the things that I knew but couldn't quite come one to. Thanks for the Memories has two parallel stories looking for one common destination. An Irish woman Joyce has just had a tsunami of troubled times in her life. She's going through the loss of her unborn child, a failed marriage and has to face all those sorry faces that she cou ...more
Simcsa
How is it possible to know someone you've never met?

With her marriage already in pieces, Joyce Conway nearly lost everything else. But she survived the terrible accident - and now, inexplicably, she can remember faces she has never seen, cobblestone Parisian streets she's never visited.

Thanks For The Memories is like a bubble gum, it stretches until it bursts. And unfortunately my patience stretched and burst with it and then I wasn't interested in what was to happen next, not at all. I indeed w
Meghan Cooper
Feb 22, 2010 Meghan Cooper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Meghan by: Friend
Shelves: holiday-books
I finished Thanks For The Memories last night at about 10.30. I read a full 300 hundred pages in the evening. Maybe slightly obsessive, but It was a rather addictive story! It’s really hard to judge this book by its cover, it is so pretty and the colours are just lovely!
Thanks For The Memories by Cecelia Ahern is her fifth book to be published and is definitely my favourite so far.

It follows Joyce as she comes to term with the loss of her unborn baby due to an accident falling down the stairs.
Thanks for the Memories is a standalone, women's fiction novel written by Cecelia Ahern. This book has a bit of magical realism added to it that gave it a pretty unique storyline. Imagine having a blood transfusion and suddenly being linked to the donor and vice versa. Pretty unreal, huh? Overall, I thought Thanks for the Memories was fun, sweet, and creative. But...Ms. Ahern took the slow lane on the highway just to go to the corner store in my opinion. This would have been the perfect plot for ...more
Aurora
Jul 07, 2016 Aurora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Although I started reading this book and got a reading slump I started reading it all over right from the start and I just finished it today and I totally loved it. *happy dancing*  photo yaayy_zpsv3zbussn.gif

It was a very interesting story, something that I never heard of, and I didn't expect this at all. I just loved the way that every chapter kept blowing my mind.  photo whatttt_zpszpwuqgme.gif

It had some little jokes and funny parts that made me smile and laugh,  photo laughing_zps6s5xvjfp.gif

but sometimes it was a bit annoying like the parts when Joyce's dad kept talking on
Ailsa
Alaine
May 07, 2008 Alaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
What a wonderful book!!!! This book was one of those rare books that grabbed me from the first chapter, one that you can't put down, you just have to keep reading to find out what is going to happen to the characters and you read as fast as you possibly can.
This was such a beautifully told story from the first page to the last. I loved the diversity of the characters, the pain, the relationships, I laughed until I nearly cried and then I cried when I felt their pain.
The story is set mainly in Ir
FreshGrads .Sg
Jul 25, 2010 FreshGrads .Sg rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks for the Memories is the latest book by Cecelia Ahern, acclaimed author of bestseller PS I Love You as well as the youngest daughter of former Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern. The 28-year-old seems to have all going well for her: Her third novel, If You Could See Me Now, will be the second novel adaptation hitting the screens soon while her fourth novel, A Place Called Here, is to be made into a US TV series.

After a devastating miscarriage which also spells the last of her fast falling a
Sandra Grauschopf
I picked up this book because of the blurb on the back that said, "Cecelia Ahern is queen of the modern fairytale." I love fairytales, and I thought that a chick lit book with a fairytale feel would be awesome.

But it seems that whoever wrote that blurb has never actually read a fairytale, only knows that they have something to do with magic. Or something. And this book does have one incredibly unlikely magical element, which is already hard to buy into.

So you know that the hero and the heroine
Oria
Dec 26, 2010 Oria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If anybody asked me what three things I'd like to take with me on an island, I would say 2 books and a sunscreen lotion. I had two books with me on my trip to Koh Chang (Elephant Island), and one of them was Thanks for the Memories.

The reason I bought this book was P.S. I Love You, the movie. I just loved that movie (I must confess Gerard Butler helped a lot in that regard) and even though I haven’t read the book this movie was based on or any other book by this author for that matter, I decide
Susan in Perthshire
I normally enjoy Cecelia Ahern's books. Firstly, she writes with elegance, humour and skill; and her books draw you in to a world that is often strange and whimsical, but nonetheless very real and believable. I liked the sound of this one - the little teasers piqued my interest and I thought 'this sounds good'. It started well, good character development and scene setting so that I was drawn in very quickly. Then ... I just lost interest or perhaps concern about the characters. I just did not ca ...more
Jamieson
Feb 04, 2009 Jamieson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a horrible accident, Joyce Conway is trying to put her life back together.

Her life and her marriage are in pieces, but Joyce tries to get back to living a normal life, despite advice from others. But something is stopping her.

She keeps having dreams of a beautiful blond haired girl, of places she has never been. She knows things that she shouldn’t about art, about architecture. She sees a beautiful woman in her dreams.

Joyce sees and knows things she should not know. And it all started aft
Marty
Apr 24, 2009 Marty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harpercollins, 2009
Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of this book. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was, because it's not that Ahern can't write. The prologue is beautifully written and sets up an intriguing mystery. Who is this woman? How pregnant is she? Has she lost the baby? How did she fall down the stairs? Who was on the phone?

I couldn't wait to get into the book and find out what happened. And then - I just didn't believe it. And I'm not even talking about the plot, as implausible as it is. (B
Elaine
Apr 10, 2015 Elaine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a “will they, won’t they” story with a magical twist. After an accident Joyce finds she “knows” things that she had no knowledge of before – she has acquired an expert knowledge of the arts and architecture. She now likes ballet and opera. Heck, she is even eating meat again after years of being a vegetarian! Even more strange is the fact that she is “seeing” someone else’s memories.

On one of his regular work visits to Dublin, Justin bumps into Joyce, the girl he comes to know as the “gi
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
I really enjoyed this, and every time I read a Cecelia Ahern book I am reminded why I love her writing so much. I listened to the audio book of this, and I thought it was excellent. I actually tried to read part of the physical book myself after listening to the audiobook, and I found that I actually preferred listening to the voice of the narrator of the audiobook.
I didn't give the book a full five stars, though, just because it is completely unrealistic and is more fun than believable. Also, I
Mo
3.5 stars (but not enough to round up)

This book had its moments… but not enough of them. It was basically “Sleepless in Seattle” with a twist.
Farah
Sep 11, 2010 Farah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, novel, reviewed
"So what's the point in saving someone's life if they don't even know you're the one who saved them?" (p. 396)

Justin Hitchcock.
Empat puluh tahun. Duda cerai dengan satu anak. Professor dalam bidang Art and Architecture. Sinis, sedikit egois, childish, bitter. Dengan semua masalah yang dihadapinya, pengalaman pertamanya dalam mendonorkan darah mengubah semuanya.

"How can you even die when you haven't even been born yet?" (p. 416)

"I want to be on my own to grieve. I want to feel sorry for myself wi
Voolaa P
Dec 06, 2015 Voolaa P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
3,5/5 stars! It was an easy read and a sweet story, though most of the time it felt like the narration was focused more on the relationship between Joyce and her father than the actual story between the two protagonists, Joyce and Justin. Although the events are kind of surreal and not scientifically proven it's an honorable attempt at pointing out the strong connection that two people, with very little in common, may share for, sometimes, unknown reasons. Cecelia Ahern created this book as if t ...more
Tracey  Gass
Oct 27, 2010 Tracey Gass rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A bookclub choice that I was excited about reading after not reading a romantic novel for ages! I read the whole thing but the story was so unbelievable that I actually got so irritated with it but at the same time was being lightly entertained and had to finish it to see what happened in the end. When I was younger I used to devour these kinds of books and read one after the other but maybe my tastes have changed and I'm not such a romantic anymore?! (How sad!) I normally rate books well if I l ...more
Cintya Larasinta
Suprise .... Di bagian Akhir yang penuh mengejutkan dan mengharukan, hampir saja aku menangis hal itu. Aku suka semua karakter dalam Thanks for the memories ini. Apalagi Henry Conway, ayah Joyce yang lucu, perhatian, kocak. Seakan2 Aku terhanyut dunia Joyce dan ayahnya. Aku merasakan itu amat senyatanya. Sukaaaa sekali Joyce dan Justin.
Blerina Kelmendi
I loved this, thank you Mel ily
Tyna
Feb 12, 2017 Tyna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mulțumesc pentru amintiri este o carte dulce-amăruie foarte frumoasă, caldă, emoționantă, plină de sensibilitate și cu un strop de magie. Unele pasaje din carte te răscolesc până la lacrimi, iar la altele râzi în hohote.

Mulțumesc pentru amintiri îți oferă o prețioasă lecție de viață, făcându-te să prețuiești momentele simple și să nu îți pierzi speranța, chiar în cele mai dificile momente, întrucât o rază de soare poate să apară de unde nu te aștepți.

Recenzia mea:

Angie
Apr 11, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sucked me right in from the riveting 3 page prologue, powerfully, painfully written. While the premise of the book is pretty out there and far-fetched, it was written so convincingly that I couldn't help but be drawn into the lives of the two main characters and found myself blasting through the book to see how it would end. When the characters' hearts were racing I found my own heart beating faster, too. With each missed connection I groaned and sighed in my mind. Reading this book wa ...more
Jackie
This will be out in April 2009

Ahern, queen of the "soul mates will find each other" chic lit fairy tales, has another winner on her hands. There's always a bit of magic involved in her tales, but this one has the biggest dose yet. Protagonist Joyce takes a tumble down some stairs, losing her baby (and ultimately her marriage) and needing a blood transfusion. While still in the hospital, she discovers she has all sorts of new knowledge--architectural, artistic, historic, a grasp of languages--tha
Victoria Delgado
Sé que no estoy siendo muy parcial con la calificación de esta novela porque quien se robo mi corazón fue Henry el papá de Joyce, la protagonista de la historia. Su sola presencia hizo que quisiera seguir leyendo.
Me he reído, me ha conmovido mucho y me ha dado una tarde maravillosa.
Es la primera novela que leo de Cecelia y voy por más a ver que sorpresas me tiene.
Léanla. La van a disfrutar mucho.
Amy
Jun 20, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.75 stars! One of my fav contemporaries ever, so good! I really wish there was a sequel
Colibri
Τι ευχάριστη έκπληξη! Κλάσεις καλύτερο από το "Μια σελίδα για κάθε αύριο".
Inge
Thanks For the Memories is possibly one of the cutest books I have ever read. It is a typical work by Cecelia Ahern – a cute story laced with just a hint of magic. Absolutely unrealistic, but I don’t think anyone cares. You just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Justin Hitchcock is a divorced father and an Architecture teacher. He donates blood in order to sleep with the doctor and is a bit of a douche. His life turns completely upside-down when he keeps encountering a certain woman who he
Hafsa
Jul 30, 2009 Hafsa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone really
This is my first book by Cecelia Ahern, the author of P.S. I Love You (which she wrote when she was 21!) and co-creator of the ABC show "Samantha Who?"

This book was such a good book to read, it took me by surprise because I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. The story is well-paced, and has the elements of a thriller/suspense novel, in the sense that it is a page-turner and always leaves you asking, what happens next?

The real gem of the story is Ahern's prose. I was blown away at her
Goodreads Librari...: page number correction 3 17 Mar 25, 2016 06:33AM
  • The Chocolate Lovers' Diet
  • Who's That Girl?
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • Secrets
Cecelia Ahern was born and grew up in Dublin. She is now published in nearly fifty countries, and has sold over twenty-five million copies of her novels worldwide. Two of her books have been adapted as films and she has created several TV series.
More about Cecelia Ahern...

“We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes due to forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander further and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us returning. Sometimes we prefer to be lost and wandering, sometimes it's easier. Sometimes we find our own way out. But regardless, always, we are found.” 786 likes
“sometimes we need all the glue we can get, just to hold ourselves together.” 423 likes