Mr.Wicker's Window

Mr.Wicker's Window

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The clock turns back two hundred years and Chris steps through the window of Mr. Wicker's antique shop into Revolutionary days...

....The Mirabelle was a three-masted schooner of more than usually trim lines. Even at the dockside, the curve of her bow gave an instant vision of how the waves would curl back as she drove forward over the sea. At the waterline, a clear light g...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1952)

To ask other readers questions about Mr.Wicker's Window, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr.Wicker's Window

Jean
I "discovered" reading books in about the 5th grade. Though only 5 years old, our grade school was bursting at the seams and the beautiful new library was reconverted into classrooms. All the library books were distributed to each classroom where they sat on windowsills for our perusal. That's where I discovered Mr. Wicker's Window and it introduced me to the joy and adventure of reading and I guess I have to say it changed my life. I've never forgotten the title of this book and my memories of...more
Leslie
This was my favorite book from elementary school days, read aloud to us by a teacher who chose wonderful books that I have cherished all my life.

This was my introduction to time travel, and to the Revolutionary War days, both of which I am still keen on! I just received this new edition with the original cover and artwork as a gift, and am rereading it with great pleasure.

I will soon try it on the grandchildren and see if it can compete with the books they are busy reading; I am not sure it wi...more
Arthusa Wigglesnap
A Fantastic book written in 1950's, but such a great adventure! Sort of Harry Potter meets Treasure Island and Aladdin (yes there is wizard magic!). This is first installment of a 3 book series and each is just as exciting as the last! Very hard to find in real books, but worth the read no matter how! Should be made into a movie!!!!!
Sugardukes Elf
Great Adventure book! Has magic, history, transfiguration, pirates, treasure, everything! One of 3 in series. On to second called The Sign of the Seven Seas for more pirates and magic! Third is Dragon Run with zombies on an island!
CLM
Nov 17, 2009 CLM marked it as to-read
Recommended to CLM by: Carol Mitchell
How exciting that this book is newly available, albeit (seemingly) only via Kindle.
Charlotte
Really a fantastic children's book
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Jim
Jim added it
May 20, 2014
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Kathleen Lawson
Kathleen Lawson marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Lauren Suarez
Lauren Suarez marked it as to-read
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Carley Moore
Carley Moore marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013