Start by marking “Tomcat Jones (Tomcat Jones, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Tomcat Jones
Willa Okati

Tomcat Jones (Tomcat Jones #1)

Genre: LGBT Shape-shifting Paranormal

T.J. Jones never believed in love. A shape-shifting tomcat, he's had problems with one-night stands involving men who were horrified to find out what he was. After getting burned one too many times, he decides he'll shoot instead for becoming a grouchy lifelong bastard of a bachelor. That's before he runs into MacGowan, a smoking hot be
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tomcat Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomcat Jones

Brenda (b)
May 28, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great story – a shapeshifter, some magic, a bit of angst, loyal friends and plenty of love. It had me up and down the emotional scale as I read it. I loved T.J. and felt a connection with him. I liked MacGowan too. I thought the secondary characters added a bit extra to the story. Arden and Shavey were very protective of their respective friends and a perfect match. Mr. Jontan was the typical wise wizard who knew more than he revealed and Sur Lune served up tons of attitude.
Apr 08, 2010 Kris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Review:

Honesty from the outset~

Thomas Cattrell (T.J.) Jones?? His parents - or the author - hated him. No question about it. *g*

First things first~

To be very blunt, I've had hits and misses with this author in the past and, as a result, I tend to lean towards her more 'quirky' - for wont of a better description - stories.

I'm not sure how other readers feel; however, I've found it is in these where her gift at story telling really shines. Her writing and plots flow beautifully; the affection
Jun 18, 2014 Charly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked the premise, but didn’t particularly care for it overall

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 4/10

- There are details in the fantasy world that I found pretty adorable. How can you avoid being at least somewhat charmed by a story that contains phrases like “enchanted parasites”?
- The way TJ struggles to control his shifting and purrs or meows at inopportune moments is amusing. And the scenes in which he’s in feline form and functioning with th
Jan 04, 2015 Rayanvar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The (im)possibility to find love, when being a magical tomcat

"My name is Thomas Cattrell Jones, T.J. for short. My parents had a rotten sense of humor. I teach animal behaviour theory when the local college has the budget and the whim to take me on, and I turn into your basical tabby cat from time to time, more often than that if something rocks my world. What can I say, it's a thing"

T.J. is neither alone, nor lonely - his apartment is constantly besieged by

- BF Arden "one busybody mundane with
Alicia J
This was just too adorable. I loved it when T.J. morphed into his tomcat form. Oh my god, he was just too cute. Anyway, I spent a very enjoyable couple of hours lost in this story, and I definitely recommend it to anyone else who wants a good laugh or two (or five! LOL).
Couldn't go past 20 pages. I'll have to try it another time!
TomCat Jones by Willa Okati
Erotic Paranormal-April 21, 2009
3 stars

In Tom Cat Jones the author Willa Okati introduces readers to adult homosexual erotica at the local grocery store! This is where we meet the main characters T.J. Jones and MacGowan for the first time. T.J. is a shape-shifting tomcat whose true nature has caused him to be burned in his previous relationships so he’s decided to become a grouchy lifelong bastard of a bachelor. Of course that’s until he meets MacGowan who is the compl
Oh Willa Okati how I love your humor and your incredible mind! I mean, really and to have the amazing ability to weave such a great story into such a short timeline is even more incredible!

Summary: T.J. Jones never believed in love. A shape-shifting tomcat, he's had problems with one-night stands involving men who were horrified to find out what he was. After getting burned one too many times, he decides he'll shoot instead for becoming a grouchy lifelong bastard of a bachelor. That's before he
Elisa Rolle
The first impression I had of this novel it was for it to be longer, and I'm not speaking of the length of the book, but more on a space time thing: the novel is so full packed of action that when you finish it, you are almost surprise to realize that it lasted only few days in the life of the two main characters.

The feeling to be thrown into the story starts since the first pages, when T.J. meets MacGowan at the supermarket with the most old way to meet a possible lover, colliding you cart with
Jimmy Hanson
Jan 27, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2010, m-m, 2012
Unique and humorous. The first time I read it, I had a smile on my face just about the whole time. Ridiculous and fun, it made my favorites before I'd even finished reading it.

TJ - the TomCat shifter - has a spastic sort of view to everything and although, at times, it's hard to keep up with what's going on, it's all pit and parcel to him and his life. He tries his best and yet just seems to be thwarted at the best of times. MacGowen - the not-yet-discovered Wizard - is precious, has a huge hear
None of it made much sense. I kept wondering if maybe this was a spinoff of something I was supposed to read first so I could have even the modicum of idea of who the side characters were. Nope. Apparently this is a series to itself. The details are all hazy and ignored and shunted off to the side somewhere, which is highly annoying.

It does get bonus points for the kitty-ness, though. Not much, but I did rather like how T.J. had the darnest time trying to keep all the feline bits that kept slipp
Dec 19, 2014 EmeArsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so different and I loved it. Reminded me of old farces :)
Sep 30, 2015 Lioness7 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so cute. I just it when a shifter doesn’t know when they will shift. It makes for some interesting happenings. Throw in some magic, and you have a fun read. I will definitely be checking out the other books in the series.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I liked this story overall, but found a lot of it confusing. And I wish I could say why, but I can't put my finger on it. It was just one of those stories where I couldn't fully engage with the MC's. There was a lot of confusion among the MC's and secondary characters and that spilled over to add to my own confusion. People who like shifter and wizard stories will probably like this one.
I really enjoy reading shifter stories and adding a bit of magic to the mix drew my attention. Although MacGowan and T.J, the heroes, are likable their storyline and relationship just didn't grab me. I didn't like the wizard although the best friends were fun. I've enjoyed many of the author's other stories in the past but was disappointed with this one. Not a terrible story just okay.
Mara Ismine
A story with a shape-shifting tom cat has to be fun and this did not disappoint. The main romance between TJ and MacGowan was amusing with a nice touch of angst. The secondary characters were fascinating and I'd really like to know more about Mr Jontan and Sur Lune.

I'll be checking out the sequel.
Oct 02, 2010 Kei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes m/m.
Shelves: m-m-romance
A fun little paranormal romp
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2016
Jill added it
Sep 24, 2016
Jenn911 marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Meredith Norville
Meredith Norville marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Tiren marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
LOLA marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Skm added it
Jun 08, 2016
Carrie Jastrzab
Carrie Jastrzab marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Tyler marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Alex rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Geraldine rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
  • Lone
  • Allergies (Preters, #1)
  • Howl (includes: Leashed #1)
  • Saving Ciaran (Outcasts, #1)
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Extinction (Refuge Shifters, #1)
  • Ghost Star Night (Sea of Stars, #1)
  • Lightning Rod (Broken Mirrors, #2)
  • Falling
  • Flash Point (Protect and Serve #1)
  • Magic and the Pagan
  • Cursed (Cursed #1)
  • Go Fish
  • A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)
  • Hell Cop
  • Ulrich (The Highland Wolves, #1)
  • The Wish (The Wish, #1)
A multi-published author of GLBT erotic, romantic fiction since 2004, I love trying new things -- I have 1001 crazy ideas and want to write them all! I exist primarily on caffeine and pixels, take “camera shy” to a whole new level, and persist in trying to learn the pennywhistle despite being woefully tone-deaf. During the summer, I’m a wild woman with henna.

You can find me on the web here, at my
More about Willa Okati...

Tomcat Jones (3 books)
  • Buddy Holiday (Tomcat Jones, #2)
  • Karma Chameleon (Tomcat Jones, #3)