Start by marking “THEY BITE!: Endless Cravings of Supernatural Predators” as Want to Read:
THEY BITE!: Endless Cravings of Supernatural Predators

THEY BITE!: Endless Cravings of Supernatural Predators

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  6 reviews
From the shadowy worlds of myth and legend. . .From the pages of bestsellers and the silver screen. . .They're searching for you. And they're hungry.

Every culture and country has its demons--and since earliest times we've tried to capture these supernatural predators through the power of storytelling. But they refuse to be tamed. . .

Join Bram Stoker Award winners Maberry a

Published September 1st 2009 by Citadel (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about THEY BITE!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about THEY BITE!

Daniel Russell
Just a second...(grunt) I just need to (yelp!)...do something a bit different for this... (cry!) review!

Reader Dan: Ah. That's better.

Writer Dan: Isn't it? We should split the psyche more often. I'm so sick of you reading Ketchum filth when we should be working.

RD: A good writer needs to read as much as possible, WD. Anyway, what the hell's your problem? I thought you wanted to BE Jack Ketchum?

WD: ...

RD: Anyhoo. Here's the review for the (drumroll) non-fiction book, They Bite! by kajillion time...more
Marisa
Just picked this up as I do to like to know a little bit more of the mythology of many of the monsters I adore. It seems like an interesting pop culture exploration of creatures that go bump in the night, at least the ones that may actually sink their teeth into you. And I have learned some new perspectives on creatures I thought I knew everything about.
Nessa Stubblefield
Although a lot of the sections such as vampires and werewolves held a lot of known information, I love the chapters such as "Cryptids" that give information on the lesser known creatures out there. Great informational book.
Liza Gilbert
Anyone else notice that either her head is on backwards or her arm is? Plus, ladies, let's just make one thing clear. Being a demon of the night is no excuse for letting your hair get tangled and nasty.
Brian
A good book if you are looking for some history for the creatures it covers. There are a few unique insights in some of the sections and a pretty good list of cryptids.
Penny
It's a good research book. But not a good lesiurely read.
Kim
Kim is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2014
Sabrina Bates
Sabrina Bates marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Ron Turner
Ron Turner marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Dani Sigman
Dani Sigman marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Nevil A
Nevil A marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Kat Shelton
Kat Shelton marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Rob Edwards
Rob Edwards marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
David
David added it
Oct 07, 2013
Autumn Pierce
Autumn Pierce marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Jason Bloom
Jason Bloom marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Judith Schneider
Judith Schneider marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
John
John marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Jake Hill
Jake Hill marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Bronda
Bronda marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Jas
Jas marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
JONATHAN MABERRY is a New York Times best-selling and multiple Bram Stoker Award-winning horror and thriller author, magazine feature writer, playwright, content creator and writing teacher/lecturer. His books have been sold to more than a dozen countries.

His novels include the Pine Deep Trilogy: GHOST ROAD BLUES (Pinnacle books; winner of the Bram Stoker Award for Best First Novel in 2006), DEAD...more
More about Jonathan Maberry...
Rot and Ruin (Benny Imura, #1) Patient Zero (Joe Ledger, #1) Dust and Decay (Benny Imura, #2) Flesh and Bone (Benny Imura, #3) The Dragon Factory (Joe Ledger, #2)