Start by marking “THEY BITE!: Endless Cravings of Supernatural Predators” as Want to Read:
THEY BITE!: Endless Cravings of Supernatural Predators

THEY BITE!: Endless Cravings of Supernatural Predators

From the shadowy worlds of myth and legend. . .From the pages of bestsellers and the silver screen. . .They're searching for you. And they're hungry.

Every culture and country has its demons--and since earliest times we've tried to capture these supernatural predators through the power of storytelling. But they refuse to be tamed. . .

Join Bram Stoker Award winners Maberry a

Published September 1st 2009 by Citadel (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about THEY BITE!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about THEY BITE!

Daniel Russell
Feb 15, 2010 Daniel Russell rated it really liked it
Just a second...(grunt) I just need to (yelp!) something a bit different for this... (cry!) review!

Reader Dan: Ah. That's better.

Writer Dan: Isn't it? We should split the psyche more often. I'm so sick of you reading Ketchum filth when we should be working.

RD: A good writer needs to read as much as possible, WD. Anyway, what the hell's your problem? I thought you wanted to BE Jack Ketchum?

WD: ...

RD: Anyhoo. Here's the review for the (drumroll) non-fiction book, They Bite! by kajillion time
Good informational book, detailing several well-known and some lesser-known creatures of folklore. I enjoyed the humor that made the experience of reading more fun than slogging through a textbook. There were a few minor errors - a few dates were incorrect, but the vast majority of the book presented (to my knowledge) accurate information. I enjoyed the glossaries, but really would have enjoyed an index. All in all, a very informative and interesting read!
Oct 01, 2011 Marisa rated it liked it
Just picked this up as I do to like to know a little bit more of the mythology of many of the monsters I adore. It seems like an interesting pop culture exploration of creatures that go bump in the night, at least the ones that may actually sink their teeth into you. And I have learned some new perspectives on creatures I thought I knew everything about.
Nessa Stubblefield
Oct 18, 2011 Nessa Stubblefield rated it it was amazing
Although a lot of the sections such as vampires and werewolves held a lot of known information, I love the chapters such as "Cryptids" that give information on the lesser known creatures out there. Great informational book.
Liza Gilbert
Anyone else notice that either her head is on backwards or her arm is? Plus, ladies, let's just make one thing clear. Being a demon of the night is no excuse for letting your hair get tangled and nasty.
Dec 15, 2012 Brian rated it liked it
A good book if you are looking for some history for the creatures it covers. There are a few unique insights in some of the sections and a pretty good list of cryptids.
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Ashley Rheiner
Ashley Rheiner rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2012
Steven Zakrzewicz
Steven Zakrzewicz rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Lucinda Powell
Lucinda Powell rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2009
Brett rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Brian Panowich
Brian Panowich rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2011
Meghan rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
crystal dawn
crystal dawn rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Jess rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
Britt rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2014
Lynsey rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2010
Ken Lillie-Paetz
Ken Lillie-Paetz rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2011
Michael McCarty
Michael McCarty rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2010
Michelle rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Kevin Breaux
Kevin Breaux rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2010
John  Ervin
John Ervin rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2009
Brook  Lohmeier
Brook Lohmeier rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Morgan Churchill
Morgan Churchill rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2016
Stephen Carr
Stephen Carr rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Stacey Schmidt
Stacey Schmidt rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2013
Timothy Melton
Timothy Melton rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2016
Sara rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Eddie rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2013
JONATHAN MABERRY is a New York Times best-selling and multiple Bram Stoker Award-winning horror and thriller author, magazine feature writer, playwright, content creator and writing teacher/lecturer. His books have been sold to more than a dozen countries.

His novels include the Pine Deep Trilogy: GHOST ROAD BLUES (Pinnacle books; winner of the Bram Stoker Award for Best First Novel in 2006), DEAD
More about Jonathan Maberry...