Start by marking “Friends With Benefits” as Want to Read:
Friends With Benefits

Friends With Benefits

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  394 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Meg thinks she is getting the best of both worlds when she and her friend Jeff decide to start having sex with no strings attached, until Meg suddenly finds that, strings or not, she has become attached to Jeff. The question is, does Jeff feel the same, or is there a new woman in his life?
Published 2008 by All Romance eBooks, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Friends With Benefits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friends With Benefits

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Jordan by Miranda KenneallyThe Vincent Boys by Abbi GlinesThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
When Friends Fall In Love
230th out of 767 books — 1,452 voters
Playing for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonThat Boy by Jillian DoddPerfection by R.L. MathewsonThe Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyThe Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
Romance Between Friends
235th out of 493 books — 581 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
From the publisher:

----------

This free friends-to-lovers short story was very steamy. Jeff and Meg have been friends since 8th grade and f*ck buddies for the last 6 months, and both seem more than satisfied wit
Shawna
Apr 24, 2010 Shawna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic quick reads & friends as lovers theme
Recommended to Shawna by: Dina :)
4 stars – Contemporary/Erotic Romance

This is a really fun, cute, hot quick read about a friends with benefits arrangement that has it's "no strings attached" rule shaken up. I like the author's writing style, and the heroine's b*tchy, snarky thoughts and lines were pretty funny. It's an entertaining, sexy read, especially for a freebie!
Wendy
Jan 10, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Funny and witty read, guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
Kristen
1 1/2 to 2 stars

Whoa! This book did not work for me. The heroine was a nasty piece of work (talk about a harpy) and the hero wasn't much better. I normally enjoy Cat Johnson's stories but I was disappointed with this one. .

Note: This short story is part of the author's anthology Cat Snips.
Heather
Nov 09, 2010 Heather rated it liked it
It was a cute story of friends who don't get that they're perfect for each other, and start a friends with benefits arrangement, only to realize they can't just be friends, and that sometimes friendship might lead to love. My only complaint is that the story isn't long enough. I liked both characters, and would have hoped to see more of their story unfold. But a quick read, and very enjoyable.
Yz the Whyz
Nov 16, 2010 Yz the Whyz rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads, freebies
What a sweet sexy little story.

I've always like friends turned lovers storylines and this little novella just hit the mark.

Meg and Jeff had been in a 'friends with benefits' relationships for quite some time. Meg takes him for granted, comfortable in the idea that he is just a 'call' away when she needed him. When she found out that he had sex with another woman, all of a sudden, Meg started to see Jeff in a different light. All of a sudden, she is no longer content with their current non-exclus
Lady Raven RAVE!
I love this read, it was free, short, cute and I enjoyed the concept. It might have been 40 pages but it was worth the 40 pages. Meg thought she had the best of both worlds. Jeff is her friend and and her sex buddy that she though she could keep an emotional attachment from, until she thought he found someone else. Meg then realize maybe she does want more than the sex buddy relationship they have been sharing. Jeff felt the same all along, he was just waiting on Meg to realize it. Cuteeeeeeeeee ...more
Katrina
Feb 24, 2011 Katrina rated it liked it
Meg has known Jeff since 8th grade and after a hot and steamy night they decided to become Friends with Benefits, Meg, setting all the ground rules. Jeff agrees and 6 months on things are still on a role.

Meg discovers Jeff has lingered outside their little arrangement, and she is unsure now as to where her first ideal plan - her Friends with benefits - Fuck buddies has gone. Sex with no string attached? She finds herself conflicted, unsure as to what she really wants. Meg decides that The frien
willaful
Jan 07, 2012 willaful rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Naughty Nooners
Recommended to willaful by: free from All Romance
A cute erotic short story about two long-term friends who "scratch each other's itch once in a while." Meg thinks Jeff is comfortable and predictable, someone to keep her satisfied until the real thing comes along, but when she learns that he's had a one-night stand with someone else, she turns into the jealous bitch monster from hell. (Hard to say whether her behavior is more amusing or annoying.) Of course it's clear to the reader that Jeff has been hoping for a real relationship all along and ...more
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
I really liked this short story about two friends 'with benefits'. I adored the writing style, the characters. For an erotica and a short story it had a nice and slight character development and even a little bit of depth.
It left me with a smile and a wish for my very own friend with benefits *sigh*
Adele
Oct 07, 2010 Adele rated it liked it
Erotic Short Story

FWB is a great short story. starts with a booty call and goes from there.
Warning: it does have an anal scene in it.
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly

Friends with benefits, bed buddies, fuck friends...they're all the same thing. When your not in a relationship and you have an itch to that needs scratching you have a friend you call to take care of that itch. At least that's what Meg did.

Meg and Jeff have been friends forever and for months know they've been sleeping together. It was the best of both worlds, sex and friendship. One of the good things about the arrangement in Meg's opinion was not having to use condom's with Jeff. Ther
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Ni_kii
Apr 22, 2011 Ni_kii rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, short-read
In this free quickie, Meg and Jeff are sex buddies. When either of them feels horny, they call the other for no-strings sex. It's all working out fine until Jeff sleeps with someone else. It shouldn't matter to Meg, they aren't in a relationship, but it does. Does this mean that they can be something more than bed-pals or do they need to stop altogether before someone gets hurt!

I enjoyed this short story. It's fun, sexy and light and I recommend it to anyone. I liked Meg and Jeff and there was a
Niina
Oct 04, 2011 Niina rated it really liked it
Meg and Jeff have been friends since early school days, one movie night years later results in a "friend with benefits" deal. But now Jeff confesses he slept with someone else and Meg is borbarded with jealousy, which leads to her examining her feelings for Jeff. Predictable Jeff has changed, and she's afraid the change ( even though for better ) is due to him sleeping with another woman. Is there any chance Jeff might feel more for her as well or is it too late.

Includes some pretty darn hot 'no
Lucy
Jul 18, 2014 Lucy rated it it was ok
Eh.. It was okay, didn't particularly like the characters or the plot.
Shannen
Apr 12, 2014 Shannen rated it liked it
Not good, not that bad. A 40 pages story.
Graciela Cornejo
Jul 12, 2015 Graciela Cornejo rated it did not like it
All about sex, it is not cool
Jess
Jul 11, 2014 Jess added it
Ugh! Pathetic plot.
Valeria Mendez
May 08, 2016 Valeria Mendez rated it really liked it
Cortito pero me encanto <3
Imjstgr8
Nov 24, 2012 Imjstgr8 rated it it was ok
I don't know maybe I just don't get the "friends with benefits" thing. I have yet to know anyone or read about anyone that didnt "catch feelimgs". Plus I thought Meg was a real witch & that she took for granted that she was just that irresistable & that she would find someone first..(can you hear the sarcasm)... And Jeff seemed like a pretty good guy... He was alot more patient with her than she deserved.. SIGH..
K.R.Caldwell
Apr 10, 2011 K.R.Caldwell rated it liked it
Short and sweet! This is the kind of "need to get away for a hour" romance I like to get my hands on. I like to dive into these short books where th plot and the characters are well written and it gets right down to basic fast. It even pulls you in fast. I liked it! Keep 'em coming Ms. Johnson!
Lady Aeval
May 12, 2013 Lady Aeval rated it did not like it
I had big hopes for this book. I love the best friends angle and thought this would be a scorching hot read with one my favorite subplots. Instead I thought it fell flat on both accounts. I ended up not caring much for the characters, the sex scenes or even the tone. Blah!
Liz Blue
Jul 11, 2011 Liz Blue rated it really liked it
Very nice short story about friends-to-lovers (or in this case, fwb to lovers). That's a trope that can work well with a short story, because the characters already have a history.

This was a freebie at allromanceebooks, and it was definitely worth my time to read.
Michelle Tempted By Books
This has all the classic making of an erotic romance in a compact casing. This would be an excellent short escape book. This couple thought they would try the Friends with Benefits route, no strings attached. Of course that never really works in the real world.
Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-mf
My Rating System:

While this book did have a few redeeming qualities, due to a lack of editorial contribution I would not recommend.
Kelly
Jan 30, 2011 Kelly rated it really liked it
This would have been a 5 star for me if it was a bit longer.
I loved the h/h and didn't want it to end. I would have reacted the same way!
This was hot, short, extremy sweet read. Can't wait to check out more of
Cat Johnson's work.

Serena
Jul 12, 2011 Serena rated it really liked it
Okay that was way cute! I don't normally give more then 3 stars for short stories, but I have done it twice tonight. Cat is an amazing story teller. I have enjoyed all of her books I have read and want to read more.
Heather in FL
This was a really short story about how a "friends with benefits" relationship turns serious once one of the participants feels jealousy and realizes it's more than just friends. Very sweet.
Tony
A lovely story about an arrangement of convenience, which couldn't possibly go wrong, could it?
Well written, where the language fits well with the context of the story.
  • Ripping the Bodice
  • Saving Sophie (Quartzton, #1)
  • Past Pleasures (Desire Through Time, #1)
  • The Perfect Score
  • Kept
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Instructing Adam
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • Christmas Love
  • Somewhere in Between (1Night Stand, #35)
  • Free to Fly
  • Smoke & Cameras (The Administration, #5.5)
  • Love My Way
  • Seducing Jason
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • 春を抱いていた 7
  • A Gift of Snow
  • All's Fair (A McKnight Romance, #1.5)
It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been published under a different name in the Young Adult genre, but release ...more
More about Cat Johnson...

“You can not have sex with a guy on a regular basis and not develop deeper feelings for him. It’s impossible. Mother Nature didn’t build women to be able to do things like that. We were designed to be monogamous and hold the family unit together.” 8 likes