Start by marking “The Sweet Spot” as Want to Read:
The Sweet Spot

The Sweet Spot

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  508 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Gabrielle won't be played for a fool. When her lover cheats on her, she storms out looking for the best sex of her life. And she finds it, thanks to a man named Sweet. Tall, dark, and blessed with incredible sensual expertise, the nightclub owner knows exactly how to bring a woman to the peak of erotic ecstasy.
Published September 1st 2009 by Aphrodisia (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Sweet Spot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweet Spot

Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora Taylor
Best Interracial Reads
180th out of 466 books — 375 voters
Ain't She Sweet by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsAll the Sweet Tomorrows by Bertrice SmallSweet Inspiration by Penny WatsonSweet Dreams by Dana Marie BellSweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley
Romance Novels with Sweet in the Title
17th out of 111 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
This is the fourth book I've read by Kimberly Kaye Terry. She writes erotica that features inter-racial couples; usually a black woman and a white man. Normally her books are hot and steamy but this one fell flat. And the premise of the story was so ridiculous that I my review will be infused with snark. I apologize in advance.

Gaby catches her boyfriend having sex with another woman, in her bed of all places! So what does a scorned woman do? She goes to a nightclub to pick a random guy so that
Jane Stewart
3.5 stars. It was a pretty good story, but parts could have been better developed. Read for the erotic sex scenes.

STORY BRIEF:
Gaby grew up in foster care. She runs a community pharmacy providing medicine to people who can’t afford it. The FBI believes that she and Adam, her boyfriend, are running a con with Medicaid and drugs. Demetri used to be an FBI agent but now owns a nightclub called The Sweet Spot. His nickname is Sweet. Gaby and Adam frequently go to The Sweet Spot. Demetri’s former boss
Kim
This has to be some of the best erotica that I have read. The sex scenes were certainly squirm in your seats hot, but the book was just not solely about the sex. The background story of Gaby really humanized the story and made it believable. I thought I had the mystery solved with Adam, but boy was I completely wrong. It is always nice when an author is unpredictable, and this storyline certainly was. Sweet and Gaby were just hot together. They had that ultimate physical connection that will kee ...more
Angelia
2.5 star rating.....This was an OKAY read....The sex scenes are STEAMY and HOT but that's it. The story DEFINITELY has potential, but the DELIVERY was missing some VERY ESSENTIAL details.....I was left with a few UNANSWERED questions..... Other than that I mean its not a horrible book but it was just missing that WOW factor.....with that said it's still a worth while read.....
Deanna
Disappointing and confusing at times.
Michael
Warning: Possible triggers for content in this review.

It is taking me a while to realize Kimberly Kaye Terry is probably not for me. I love how she describes raw sexual interactions unflinchingly, switching from proper terms to crude euphemisms with ease. Her characters are interesting and well-developed. But she has a tendency to confuse control and domination with love and assurance. Yes, I can believe BDSM might be part of a healthy lifestyle if approached in the right context, but that is no
Shawnette
Mrs. Terry crafts an INTRIGUING storyline with a few suspenseful twists and turns...the INSTANT chemistry between Gaby and Demetri is OFF-THE-CHARTS...and even though this story DEFINITELY has potential, I found it somewhat LACKING...there are a few MAJOR details that the author NEVER fully develops...such as there's no explanation as to the motivation behind Adam and his partner committing the crimes, for which they are being investigated...and there's also no follow-up information given on the ...more
Mina Ramsey
If you take the sex scene and applied them to a more developed plot the story would be hands-down best book Ever. The characters were believable but the delivery wasn't the best. The transitions though points in the story were okay but could be better. Overall this book was well above average but no top-notch.
Dorel
I read a few Kimberly Kaye Terry books. The only thing I liked about this book is the hot & steamy scenes. Didn't really understand the storyline much. I read other books by Ms. Terry that are much better than this one.
Denice
I found this book to be entertaining and some what erotic. I didn't find anything romantic about the book or its hero. I believe the book could have been improved by the writer at least touching on their racial differences or may be even the characters acknowledging their differences. In addition, the heroine came off as weak to me, and not well thought out. She's not consistent in her behavoir or convictions. She's supposedly not a promiscuous person, but in order to get back at her boyfriend s ...more
Terrie Bassham
Loved it!! Wish Kimberley did more of these!
Hbeebti
This was just ok for me. The story was kinda simple . The best part of the book was the sex scenes. That part was really hot. But the story line was just alright. Not enough action and the fact that she forgave him right away was kinda like yeah right! Granted in the book it says it was a week later. But still first time you see him in a week and you forgive him. Huh ok. The ending wasn't bad but I kinda figured it out to begin with so ... Overall it was a decent book but not one of my favorites ...more
Ragatnia Clara
I gotta admit that I liked this book. Intrigue and hot!

At the first, I thought Adam was a gay. I thought that Hunter was his lover. It turned out that Abigail was Adam's Dom and the brain in scamming. What bothered me is Marissa or Melinda (Adam's secretary). I guess my copy was not edited or something, the name of Marissa and Melinda directed to Adam's secretary.

It's happy ending, Demetri and Gaby was married. I'd be more happy if they got kids lol.
Domino (aka Meme)
this was a pretty good read. fast paced with some really good steamy moments. i would have liked to see more character and relationship development so when the characters had their happy ending it would've seemed more expected. the twist in the story was ok. it was a little underdeveloped and rushed at the ending but it fit ok. i wasn't overly disappointed. thus, i will be reading more by this author =)
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
I enjoyed this book. This was a book I begin reading while in the middle of the "Dark" series. I just needed a break and this was a good one. The characters are likeable and the story is well developed. There are a few twist but nothing that is jaw dropping (well maybe one). I recommend this..
Melissa
I really enjoyed reading this book, and not just because of Demetri. It had a a little drama, spice, an a crazy twist near the end. Not giving to much away but I kind of guessed the betrayal, and felt sorry for Gaby she really did have the worst of luck.

Thanks for reading
Xoxo
Shayshebang
I thought this book was hot from beginning to end. It left me...shall we say "thinking". The storyline was good enough to keep me interested enough to continue to read, but mostly, the bedroom scenes left a deep impression in my fantasy world and I liked it! Read it twice.
Verna Samuel
I really tried to gave this book a fair chance,thinking maybe there was a method to the madness but I can't even finish reading it. I won't even rate that's how bad it is a complete waste of time that could of been spent raeding an actual book.
Libby Martin
I bought this strictly for the love scenes and Kimberly did not disappoint. She did a very good job with Sweet. He had two very different sides. Plus, I love books about hot cops.
Vanessa
Pick this book for a lazy romance read. But I was surprized that there was a bit of drama to the story. A nice adn enjoyable read that gave me the reading bug that I needed.
Kandice
Pleasantly surprised. While I was at odds the first chapter, the book was a great cliff hanger. I liked the ending and epilogue. I would recommend.
raeneysa
I like ms kimberly other book, this read didn't move me maybe I'm having one of those off days lately i been a lot.
Cf
A decent quick read nothing profound but an unexpected twist to the story which was interesting.
Sharon Huxford
Came across this book unexpectedly at Borders today..will start it in a day or two
Chrisabel
It was OK for me. The story line was a little weak. The cover is great.
Hasien
This was a great read. I enjoyed the story and the suspense of it all.
Blue.Raven
a very erotic novel, but Kimberly always writes them well
Xandria
couldn't finish it. just wasn't my thing in the end.
Nicole Gottschalk
I loved it. This book need my cry.
  • Harrier's Healer (The Megalodon Team, #2)
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • No Commitment Required
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • Trolling Nights
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • Crush
  • Something Unexpected
  • Anatoly Medlov: Complete Reign (The Medlov Crime Family, #3)
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • The Color of Love
  • I'll Be Your Shelter
  • Big Spankable Asses
  • The Real Thing
  • Blindsided
  • Love Script
Kimberly began her writing career with Ellora’s Cave in March of 2006. She was quickly picked up by Kensington Publishing in 2006, and has since written four full length novels and two novellas for Kensington. She writes interracial and multicultural erotic romance and has recently added erotic fiction to her list of works.

Kimberly was one of four authors who debuted Harlequin Spice’s, Spice Brief
More about Kimberly Kaye Terry...
Just Like Candy Get Your Sexy On To Love a Wilde Scream My Name To Tempt a Wilde