Start by marking “Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)” as Want to Read:
Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #4)

Eleventh Grade Burns (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #4)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  15,283 Ratings  ·  610 Reviews
Things have taken a darker turn for the half-human teenager with an appetite for blood. Joss, a vampire slayer and Vlad’s former friend, has moved back to Bathory. A mysterious and powerful new vampire, Dorian, appears with a shocking secret and an overwhelming desire to drink Vlad’s blood. And Vlad’s arch enemy, D’Ablo, has a sinister plan to eliminate Vlad once and for
Published February 9th 2010 by Dutton Children's Books (first published January 1st 2010)

Sarah705
Feb 19, 2010 Sarah705 rated it really liked it
I LOVED the end of this book. It wasn't at all expected, and as soon as I finished it I wanted more! Vladimir really matures throughout the course of the story, and I think his character becomes a lot more complex. At the beggining I was a little unsure, but by the end I cared for him so deeply.

Vlad matures a lot during the course of the story, mostly emotionally. Although he's a half-vampire, he's also a teenage boy. He has a lot to deal with even excluding his vampire issues.

I guess every high
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
You will cry and cheer as this larger- than- life story come pulsing together with an explosive end that will have you exhaling "OMG!"
Gabriela G
Jan 10, 2011 Gabriela G rated it it was amazing
As always this book was amazing, I mean what else should you expect from Heather Brewer and her series of Vladmir Tod? If you thought book number 3 was action packed and amazing, then you really should brace yourself for book number 4! The blurb to this book explains eveything that happens in a nut shell:
"Eleventh grade at Bathory High is draining Vladimir Tod. Joss, a professional vampire slayer and Vlad's former friend, has moved back to town. The powerful vampire Dorian has an overwhelming d
Jan 17, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Why haven't I been reading this series already? Vladimir Tod's story is a great vampire story - nothing sparkles, but Tod's half-human, half-vampire nature leads him to claim to prefer to not drink human blood (so kind of a vegetarian). The Slayer/vampire conflict will resonate with any Buffy/Angel fan, but the bromance (sorry, I just couldn't help myself there) will really appeal to male readers.

In this episode, Vlad's struggle with his junior year in high school and the heartbreak he feels ov
Gabriela
Oct 26, 2009 Gabriela marked it as to-read
Counting down the days... in February 2010 that book will be mine >_>
Once Upon a Twilight
Jan 26, 2012 Once Upon a Twilight rated it really liked it
Let me start off by saying, the ending of this book left me with my jaw on the floor! Didn't see THAT coming!!!

In this book, we see the return of Henry's cousin and Vlad's former friend, Joss. Vlad made a tough decision at the end of book 3 and must deal with the consequences in this and the final book in the series.

Otis makes a return to Bathory and Bathory High School...as a teacher. Vlad is enjoying having his uncle around more often, but it won't be long before he'll be gone forever. And a n
Ericaj
May 03, 2011 Ericaj rated it it was amazing
Alexandra
Dec 29, 2015 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spoiled myself two days ago with the last word of the book.
A very nice cliffhanger. even if you read the book a second time :D
Laurel
Sep 27, 2011 Laurel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People looking for that special YA series
Recommended to Laurel by: My kickass sister
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This book.
This book has given me more emotion than I ever thought possible. Like...I thought My Sister's Keeper was bad. But Eleventh Grade Burns flew me out a window and laughed at my misery. I screamed at it, I cheered at it, I wanted to throw it down (for reasons of raging dread). If you are avoiding this because of vampires, don't avoid it. Please. This is good YA.

The story is about Vlad's junior year at Bathory High. It's gonna suck(hahaha), and he's dreading his Uncle Otis's trial for kill
Whitney
EDIT: Changed Brewer's name and pronouns.

I'm surprised myself that Eleventh Grade Burns actually got an above two stars rating from me. I'm glad that the story has picked up but it's a shame that it's taken the second to last book for me to get somewhat into this series.

In Eleventh Grade Burns Vladimir Tod not only has to deal with his Junior year of high school but also his old vampire slayer friend Joss moving back, a powerful vampire named Dorian who wants his half-human blood, and his uncle
CeJayCe
Mar 16, 2010 CeJayCe rated it liked it
I found this series gets more enjoyable with every book. I was drawn in more to the plot and I didn't find nearly as many faults with Brewer's writing style. I think she improved a lot with this book. And I also feel like it's a gradual improvement, which is good since I wasn't thrown completely into a story that was so much better written I had to question whether or not she really wrote it.

So things I did find troubling, first off, was that she got rid of two of what I considered her best char
Rachel Fisher
Feb 14, 2011 Rachel Fisher rated it really liked it
Another blood sucking suspense by Heather Brewer,Eleventh Grade Burns. Vlad starts his Junior year with slayers gaining on his back. School is hard enough to handle, but with slayers trying to kill you, you have to work even harder. A vamipre that Vlad never knew about, Dorian, is out for Vlad's blood.Eddie is still trying to admit that Vlad is a vampire and it is so hard for Vlad to stop thinking about Meredith. A new character joins the suspense named Snow.Ever sense Vlad met Snow at the crypt ...more
Marcus Lawson
Jun 11, 2010 Marcus Lawson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purty-good
I just finished this book a few weeks ago. I have followed Vlad since the first book. Mostly, the cover caught my eye, and as expected, the synopsis on the back sealed the deal. I was kinda iffy on the first couple of books, even though I did like them because evryone wants to compare to Twilight. These books stand alone, and are very much the male response to Twilight. But the biggest thing is that these books MAKE SENSE. They're vampires! They drink blood. They maim. They kill. As sadistic as ...more
Amy
Feb 09, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
The only thing I can say after finishing this book is....Oh... My... Goodness!! This book was FILLED with twists and wonderful teenage drama. Vlad still attempts to renew his friendship with Joss, there is a new girl on the scene, plus there is the little life or death situation with his uncle. Everything goes down in this book and by the end... if you aren't thinking "Did I read that right?" as you reread the same page just to be sure, you are not human.

I still love how the book brings in all
Taylor
Apr 18, 2010 Taylor rated it it was amazing
Autumn
Aug 11, 2016 Autumn rated it really liked it
Ohhhh, Vlad. He slightly irritated me in this one. Don't get me wrong, I understand Vladimir is growing up and is being immature, but half his problems would disappear if he wasn't so naive. Or gave his enemies the benefit of the doubt. This people try to kill him and he always shows mercy. It drove me insane.

That ending though... I have to read the final book RIGHT NOW!
Katrina
Feb 11, 2016 Katrina rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?! I ... I don't know honestly. I can't comprehend what's happening right now. That ending is just everything.

description
Tristan Hardin
May 17, 2013 Tristan Hardin rated it it was amazing
I recommend this book to everyone. It's great, full of action and your left with a cliffhanger. Heather brought back Joss which always makes things interesting. It's a great book and it was fun to read.
Jamie
May 26, 2010 Jamie rated it liked it
Excellent novel. A lot of gripping emotion, drama and humour that has you hooked from the first page. If you're a fan of paranormal/vampires, I highly recommend. If you're not a fan, then I wouldn't recommend. But all in all a great book.
Melissa Simons
May 08, 2011 Melissa Simons rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reese and I read this series over break on her Kindle. Harry Potter meets Twilight :)
Dizneeee
Sep 18, 2011 Dizneeee rated it really liked it
Wooo! Tables turned. Mysteries to solve in the last book! I can't waaaaiiiit!
Joyce
Aug 07, 2015 Joyce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What the hell is that for an ending!!!! It is a god damn good thing I have the last book waiting for me in the other room!!!!! :)
mayra/sonic fan1
Sep 23, 2013 mayra/sonic fan1 rated it it was amazing
yai this book is really awesome but everyone should read all of the series trust me this book is awesome i like the first novel the setting there was a good choice to put the characters.
Ryan Burt
Oct 02, 2010 Ryan Burt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the Vlad Todd books quite a bit. It is another Vampire read but still quite enjoyable.
Gabe
Apr 23, 2013 Gabe rated it really liked it
It was a great book, keeping me reading until the end. Speaking of the end, it was amazing, made me want to read the next one.
Cicily
Oct 19, 2015 Cicily rated it it was amazing
I love it can't wait for the last book!!
Calyb Burton
Jun 27, 2017 Calyb Burton rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I love this world, I love these characters, and now all I can think about is how sad I am that it's all coming to an end so soon....but I'm also really, really excited for the finale.

Whatever doubts I had thanks to the third book about this series hitting a slump, were erased completely by this book. The story progression was on-point, the character development all around was great to see, and the villains in this story were much, MUCH more competent and clever than they've been in quite possib
Shirley :]
Sep 29, 2010 Shirley :] rated it it was amazing
Jamie Flick
May 11, 2017 Jamie Flick rated it it was amazing
The ending had me jumping in the air, this series is always filled with suspense, but it is totally worth the heartbreak and sorrow of the story of Vladimir Tod.
Nov 06, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
it was very good!!! if only I knew this series looong before. but maybe, it was okay since I could read straight away if it had released all.
it's not like I read this book without any clues about the earlier, I read them but this book was the only one I read all through, not scanning.

Vlad, in his unpopular-goth high school life has to face all problems around him. including all the pressure from the Elysia, the guy who wants to kill the Pravus much, his best friend and now his one of biggest en
valdimir tod 14 78 Apr 26, 2013 08:04AM
. 3 53 Sep 22, 2009 05:35AM
  • Dead Is Just A Rumor (Dead Is, #4)
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #2)
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Love Sucks!
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Night Road
  • Amanda Hocking's the Hollows: A Hollowland Graphic Novel
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
  • Suck It Up (Suck It Up, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
  • Sons of Destiny (Cirque Du Freak, #12)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • Spider-Gwen #3
Heather Brewer is the pseudonym of Zac Brewer…but you can call him Z.

Zac is the NYT bestselling author of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series, as well as The Slayer Chronicles series, Soulbound, The Cemetery Boys, The Blood Between Us, and more short stories than he can recall.

He grew up on a diet of Twilight Zone and books by Stephen King. He chased them down with every drop of horror he could
More about Heather Brewer...

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod (5 books)
  • Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1)
  • Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #2)
  • Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3)
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)

“Oh my glob!” 44 likes
“...Your angry and jealous and in the mood to do some forceful dentistry” 38 likes