Start by marking “Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)

Shadow Mirror (Walk #2)

Unsettling. There's no better word to describe Miranda Barnes's ability to hear the cries of the dead, feel the wind move her hair when they run by, and - dare she look into a mirror - see the reflection of a ghostly woman behind her. There's only one person to turn to for support: Etienne. As sexy as he is mysterious, Miranda can't help but be drawn to him. He believes he ...more
Published March 18th 2010 by Speak

Regina
Jul 15, 2011 Regina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-before
i LOVE this series and this was a good solid sequel.

I loved this second book in the series. The romance got steamier and the love triangle between Gage, Miranda and Etienne becomes even more apparent as the two vie for her attentions. Personally i am rooting for Etienne even tho Gage is a total sweetie.Cause,Etienne is so HOT. He gives out this smooth mysterious bad boy yet vulnerable deep down vibe that chicks dig. Im pretty sure the author is Miranda lean towards him more than Gage. There's no
Sissy Lu
Apr 05, 2013 Sissy Lu rated it liked it
So, back to the grind with these guys! Miranda hits the ground running in this book, there is no easing into this story, she's just thrown right into it immediately. The motley crew is back, which always adds some fun, but this time there is some discord amongst all of them.

Miranda really hasn't grown character wise, she is still greatly annoying and the way she acts with Gage and Etienne is greatly bothersome to me. She can't seem to make her mind up and it just gets tiresome.

The story in gener
Ally
Dec 11, 2013 Ally rated it did not like it
Unsettling isn't what I'll call this book. Boring, dull, and dry are better words for describing this book. Because it truly is boring. Shadow Mirror fails where Walk of the Spirits passed.

And why does the sequel suck? No excitement. That's the easiest answer I can give. And it's probably the very same reason why there's no sequel to this book.

Shadow Mirror's plot is slow. That's a good way of putting it. Slow as a snail. Slow as a turtle. Slow as Internet Explorer. The book starts picking up
Sydney
Aug 03, 2011 Sydney rated it really liked it
It was a good sequel but there are still some big questions left unanswered.
Megan Burback
Apr 19, 2011 Megan Burback rated it really liked it
Miranda and the gang are back for more ghosts, mysteries, romance and trouble. Miranda's mother and Aunt Teeta are renovating the old haunted house, Belle Chandelle. As soon as Miranda gets near the house, her senses are assaulted by the present and the past. When Miranda is inside the house, she hears children, and when she looks into mirrors, she does not see herself but some other woman.

The whole book centers around the mystery of who the children and woman are, and how Miranda is supposed t
Hally
Apr 13, 2010 Hally rated it it was amazing
Definitely a good read. I found it a lot more enjoyable than the first book, "Walk of the Spirits," since the characters are more developed.

Cusick did a great job at showing typical high school problems without it getting tedious. And I love the dialogue among the characters. It was just simply hilarious. I found myself laughing out loud a couple of times.

The plot was intriguing yet actually pretty simple, and I liked the twist. It sent a chill down my back.

I liked the bond between Etienne and
Amanda
Jan 24, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
You know screaming while in te hospital waiting area is extremely frowned upon, but I couldn't help myself!!! This book was amazing!!! With Etienne and Miranda and the boat, OMG! I have no idea if there is a third one but if there s she better not end up with Gage. Oh and what about Gage and Etienne, totally did not see that coming. Over all awesome read.
Dec 05, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I want more.... you cannot just end it this way. And then to bring out books 1 & 2... in one book is just a tease. I want more Miranda. I want more Etienne. I want more Gage. I want to know MORE. :) Bring out Book 3 of Walk!
Ava Yates
Nov 04, 2016 Ava Yates rated it it was amazing
Richie Tankersley Cusick is a great story teller. Not only do I love the mystery in her books, but the relationships between the featured group of friends are stunning, and her ability to pull you into the pages of her supernatural story will keep you flipping the pages through the end.
Hillary
Jan 25, 2017 Hillary rated it liked it
Good book and sequel. I kinda wish there was a third book in the series. I wanna read more about the gang.
Breesc23
Apr 24, 2013 Breesc23 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book better than the first book, but I have to rate it lower, as even the things I did enjoy wasn't really enjoyable because they weren't fully developed enough for me to... enjoy them

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

The supernatural in this series is... juvenile. Or, at least the development of it is. Granted, this ghost story was better than the first one, and a little bit creepy, but it was still blah. Just when it was getting good, it seemed to rush to the end, as if the author had a limit o
Heather
Sep 02, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Jacquline
Jan 20, 2015 Jacquline rated it it was ok
Debbie
Oct 20, 2009 Debbie rated it liked it
Recommended to Debbie by: http://www.thestorysiren.com/2009/10/...
I give this one 3.5 stars.
I first saw this book mentioned on The Story Siren's blog and it grabbed my attention so I was happy when I just happen to wander into the YA section of my library and there it was. I did not realize this was the second book in what I guess will be a series following Miranda. So I may be missing some nuances in the character interactions that developed in the first book. Still I really enjoyed it and didn't have much trouble following the story. Miranda's ability was fa
Cari
Feb 06, 2016 Cari rated it really liked it
Not to sound like a small child, but I never get my way! In the first book, there were the beginnings of a love triangle brewing and in this book that triangle was a pretty central part of the storyline. It was one of those situations where I struggled to "pick a favorite" and of course, as soon as I did, it all fell apart and I was on the losing side yet again. It's like being Team Jacob and Team Gale all over again... ;) Actually, I really liked both Etienne and Gage, and while my ultimate fav ...more
Gaby Montes
Jan 15, 2016 Gaby Montes rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Walk of the Spirits, YA Fiction, Ghost stories, Humor
Recommended to Gaby by: Family
Alrighty..before I talk about all the wonderful aspects of this book, let's talk about the elephant in the book. I gave this book four stars because it's not done. The BOOK is complete - wonderful adventure - but Miranda's story is not. Just know, if you decide to read this book, you'll have to get over the fact that a lot of new things will come up and stay up, things that have already been in the air will be left there, and there is nothing to be done about it....

Now, as for the book - it was
Alexa
Jan 26, 2010 Alexa rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Shadow Mirror as much as Walk of the Spirits! First, I gotta quickly mention the romance. There is sort of a love-triangle. If you read the other book, then you know who it involves. I can understand why it's such a hard decision for Miranda! *sigh*
Anyway, like in the other book, we learn more history about St. Yvette. This time the Belle Chandelle plantation. Miranda has to figure out how to help three spirits trapped within a mirror. Her friends are there to help as well, and there e
Jeannie
Apr 02, 2011 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Rebekah
Jan 28, 2011 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Really loved this story, which follows Miranda Barnes and her friends once more as Miranda's "gift" to help spirits springs a new challenge for her. I loved the characters and how in this (the 2nd book) we get to see more of their faults and issues, plus more romance.

The dynamics between the characters is awesome and all I can say is I wish I had friends like these.

In this installment, Miranda keeps getting visions of something gruesome after she visits an old plantation. And the spirits keep t
Melissa
Oct 05, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Love , love , loved this book! I want to be in this book! I hope she writes more of these. This one and it's prequel need to be made into movies. the characters are so tangible, I really felt like they were real people , like I could bump into them on the street. It was suspenseful and heartbreaking and funny all at the same time. I laughed out loud several times and teared up as well. That doesn't happen often for me over a teen read. Also beautiful rich imagery. I felt like I was watching a mo ...more
Erica
Nov 04, 2015 Erica rated it really liked it
Even better than the first.

I still like the mystery storyline, eerie southern setting, and amazing characters.

The relationship between Miranda, Eitienne, and Gage deepened and became more complicated, so I liked that. It's sad there won't be a book 3 so we can see that triangle evolve.

NOTE TO CUSICK: You could always self-publish. A lot of authors make money publishing books far less interesting and well written as the "Walk" series. Should you decide to write additional "Walk" books, I feel c
Kristen
Apr 13, 2013 Kristen rated it really liked it
Definitely young adult book and a good ghost story but not gory. I loved the dialogue among the teenagers, especially the bickering between Parker and Roo. Roo's snarky and quippy one liners and comebacks were hilarious. I would have loved some additional description of the southern atmosphere, bayou, plantation flashbacks etc... I would recommend reading the first book before this one, I was missing some of the history between the kids and felt a little lost.
Tressa
Oct 12, 2009 Tressa rated it it was amazing
Hatsune Miku
Jun 01, 2011 Hatsune Miku rated it it was amazing
Did you like Walk of the spirits? Well if you did, you have to read Shadow Mirror. The story continues, as Miranda helps the spirit of a dead soldier. As she gets closer to her friends, she gets closer to Etienne, and farther from Gage! As things heat up, will Miranda get closer, and more drawn in to her fate if she ignores it, and what will happen with Gage, and Etienne? Read Shadow Mirror, if you want to find out!!! XD
Kaitlynne
Feb 21, 2010 Kaitlynne rated it it was amazing
I had forgotten just how much I loved Walk of the Spirits until I started reading Shadow Mirror. The charecters are funny and relatable, And there is a suprise twist that no one will see coming. I really hope that there is going to be a third book!

Aw man, I just found out that there are no plans right now for a third book. How is that even possible, with all the things left to find out about, and it ended in a cliff-hanger! Someone needs to put together a petition demanding more! ;)
Brianna
Jan 13, 2013 Brianna rated it really liked it
this was pretty good follow up to the first book. Seems like there was more relationship drama in this one and the ending was left wide open, so either you can think what you want or maybe the author is planning on coming back with more books like LJ smith did with her. But it was pretty good. I hope everything gets solve for everybody. I wish there was another book.
Linda
Mar 25, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Fantastic book, grab's you right from the start. Full of suspense, romance and a little laughs. I would of loved for there to been more I would of liked to find out what happened between Miranda and Etienne and the secret he made her grandpa, and more about Etienne's past life.
Jessy
Mar 31, 2010 Jessy rated it did not like it
Please stop talking about the "servants" at a plantation in the South. They were slaves, and at a certain point, your ghost-seeing protagonist is going to have to acknowledge that.
I think I'm putting this one down.
Sara
Jul 27, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcase, fantasy
Abbi Thomas
Jun 25, 2012 Abbi Thomas rated it really liked it
A great ghost story set in the deep south! I loved this book and its prequel, walk of spirits. Both are mysteries that aren't very predictable. In the midst of all the ghosts, Miranda is trying to adjust to life in the new town. Also contains a great teen romance factor.
Gage or Etienne? 4 10 Apr 02, 2014 07:15AM
  • Believing (Lily Dale, #2)
  • Nearly Departed (Weirdsville, #1)
  • Fatal Charm (The Seer, #5)
  • The Scary States of America
  • Unbroken (Ruined, #2)
  • Spirits of the Noh (The Waking, #2)
  • The Evil Within (Possessions, #2)
  • Tombstone Tea
  • Prom Date
  • The Reason (Ghost Huntress, #3)
  • Spookygirl
  • Unbound (Unbound #1)
  • Raising the Dead (Past Midnight, #1.5)
  • Freaksville (Freaksville, #1)
  • Spirit
  • My So-Called Haunting (Afterlife, #2)
Richie Tankersley Cusick is the bestselling young adult author of over 25 titles, including two adult horror titles, "Scarecrow" and "Blood Roots". Her popularity grew at the height of the horror/YA boom in the late 80's/early 90's, particularly with books like "Lifeguard" , "Trick or Treat" and "Teacher's Pet", just to name a few, allowing her to keep company on the bestseller paperback lists wit ...more
More about Richie Tankersley Cusick...

Walk (2 books)
  • Walk of the Spirits (Walk, #1)