Start by marking “Dead High Yearbook” as Want to Read:
Dead High Yearbook

Dead High Yearbook

This full-color hardcover graphic novel tells eight intertwined stories of teens from one high school. The characters represent a typical assortment of students: popular, unpopular, rich, poor, fat and skinny, in love and not. But while they might seem like regular kids at first, they don't stay that way, because every last one of them ends up dead or more specifically und ...more
Published March 22nd 2007 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Dead High Yearbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead High Yearbook

Danielle
May 27, 2010 Danielle rated it liked it
Despite the obviously pretty gory and grim subject matter, this is (for horror, anyway) a light, fluffy read! It deals with some fairly serious subjects - bullying, body-image problems, tough relationships with family/boyfriends/girlfriends, homophobia - but it really only touches on each subject briefly. Each story is so short that there's not a lot of room for character development or in-depth exploration - though there's a fair amount of room for cartoonish blood and guts, not to mention a ...more
Tricia
Jun 13, 2010 Tricia rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2010
This book was pretty terrible. It gets 2 stars because some of the stories were interesting, but the overall plot that was supposed to tie them all together made absolutely no sense. Even when one character asked for clarification of what I was confused about, the answer didn't make it any clearer.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

It took me a few pages to even figure out what DEAD HIGH YEARBOOK was about, but once I did, I was hooked. Call me sick, call me gruesome, call me whatever you like, but this is Stephen King mixed with Kill Bill with a dash of Twilight Zone thrown in for good luck. It's definitely not intended for anyone under the age of fourteen, but for older teens who enjoy their comics with a dash of gory horror, this book will surely do the trick.

DEAD HIGH YEARBOOK is set
Trevor
Aug 04, 2007 Trevor rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
“Life is still going to suck but now you’ll hold the straw” is just one gem of a one-liner out of many found throughout this collection of macabre tales. It’s as if the writing team brainstormed kernels of B-horror movie plots then set about to bring them to, uh, life (death?) on each blood-stained (quite literally) page of the Dead High Yearbook. Here, the characters often find themselves subject to horriffic endings befitting their quality of character…or lack thereof: a thug who targets gay ...more
Tony Cafiso
Mar 05, 2014 Tony Cafiso rated it it was ok
Dead High Yearbook tells the unfortunate stories of a bunch teenagers in high school. They aren't normal teenagers or normal stories though. The stories deal with zombies, vampires, and other disturbing things. There isn't a cliffhanger, but in the end all the characters are gathered in a place like purgatory. They one by one sign the year book, which is all the stories you just read, and disappear to where ever fate leads them.

I thought this book was a little too odd for me. The overall story l
Krycek
Oct 28, 2012 Krycek rated it it was ok
Interesting idea, in an EC comics sort of way. None of the stories ever match the originality or impact of the old EC comics, but they are still okay. I found most of the stories kind of cornball and predictable, but none were just awful. While the writing was a bit lacking, the art was generally pretty good but it's not quite enough to push it to three stars for me. A fair, if unmemorable, comic. Fortunately, it went pretty quickly and makes a nice pre-Halloween evening read.
Renee
Aug 08, 2014 Renee rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-reads, 2014
the first few stories are a bit disturbing, but the rest idk.
I've got mixed feelings about this graphic novel.
I just picked it up cause I saw it at work and looked a little bit at it and yeah it seemed interesting.

Idk. the end makes it seem like there are more volumes to this GN, but looking it up, there arent. idk. I liked it but by the end it just left me with questions unanswered. so, good thing I just got it from the library(work) instead of buying it.
Molly
Sep 05, 2008 Molly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teens
Shelves: graphicnovels
This is a great Teen Zombie read. I read this in no time in a noisy environment and still thoroughly enjoyed it. The idea is that everyone on this yearbook staff is a Zombie and they are trying to finish that years edition. As you follow the story you find out how each reached their gruesome ending. This is a great series for someone wanted a Marvel Zombies follow up and not really needing too much meat on the bones(haha).
Bfg1971
Apr 25, 2009 Bfg1971 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: zac
I don't know what I expected out of this. It was just some short illustrated stories about how some teens had died and having their stories added to the yearbook. Nothing Earth shattering and WAY too much talking for zombies. My favorite short in it was the one about the vampires.

The thing that I liked most about the book was the style in which it was printed. The random blood stains and smears on the pages throughout the book was a nice touch.
Kate
Mar 12, 2008 Kate rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphicnovels
Um, okay, I totally get that everyone was dead and that they were putting together a yearbook of dead people, but seriously, the story line had like no plot at all. The creatures and death was mildly amusing, but not enough to win me over. I mean, c'mon when it takes me over a week to read a graphic novel, it is obviously not keeping my interest enough to make it worth reading.
Pamela
Jul 10, 2015 Pamela rated it liked it
so here's the thing, even though I found the stories interesting I was really confused as to what was going on. but finishing it I understand. all of the people in the stories connect and all of the characters were different, popular, unpopular, fat, skinny,etc. all of them lived and all of them died. the stories in my opinion where not that gory or horrific. it was just an okay read.
Salsabrarian
Teen slasher movie fans will enjoy this gory yearbook. (Yearbook editors may also identify with the zombie co-editors and all the problems they have motivating staff!) And it's equal-opportunity gore: Blacks, Latinos, Asians, whites, everybody gets offed, whether they deserved their fates or not. Multicultural horror, all right!
Apr 06, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
Sort of graphic novel teen "Spooky Stories to read in the Dark". The stories are all creepy and often the art is a little grusome, but it stays in the realm of creepy fun, never becoming disturbing or unpleasant.
Jim
Sep 19, 2009 Jim rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, graphic-novel
A collection of short horror stories, clearly inspired by sources such as the old EC Comics (particularly Tales From the Crypt) and The Outer Limits. If you like that sort of thing, then you'll probably like this book. If you don't, then there's no reason to pick it up.
Nick Mariner
I will be using the chapter about a girl who dies in a car crash but still gets up to finish the SAT in my class this summer.
Jeremy Stephens
Apr 23, 2013 Jeremy Stephens rated it really liked it
If you love cheesy horror stories, then this book is for you. A couple dead yearbook staff members host this collection of unfortunate tales.
Mary Lee
Dec 25, 2007 Mary Lee rated it liked it
2007 Cybils Graphic Novel nominee

And I thought STUCK IN THE MIDDLE was a grim view of middle school! It pales when compared to this HS "yearbook."
Kristen
Aug 16, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
A messed up yearbook about the recently dead high school students and how they came to be. Sometimes a little too graphic and definitely way out there.
Sharon
Jul 12, 2009 Sharon rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
9th&up- Blunt and bleak. No cleverness or intelligence at all- just sledge hammer horror. Not my style.
Ginny Swanson
pretty interseting . anf F***ed up. i like it though cause i like books like this , it's a one of kind.
Farishah
Mar 15, 2009 Farishah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY!
Very funny!
When they become zombies (or whatever they become), they transform and mutate and suffer before they finally die!
Its abit gore but its really funny!
And its like a comic!
Brooklyn Falk
Aug 28, 2014 Brooklyn Falk rated it it was ok
Silly book. Funny ideas to bring to a story line and a creative way of setting up for an actual story line!
Very interesting sometimes funny YA graphic novel about death. Likely to appeal to fans of mild horror but there is plenty of blood and gross for the gore-loving crowd.
Sandy
Apr 18, 2008 Sandy rated it liked it
Shelves: gn-and-manga
Collection of short stories dealing with the supernatural deaths of teenagers. Interesting read, good artwork.
John Kupper
John Kupper rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2008
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2008
Jenny
Dec 08, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it
really cute, in a horror comic way.
Sarabeth Mason
Apr 10, 2015 Sarabeth Mason rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
weird and kind of unsetteling
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • To Timbuktu: Nine Countries, Two People, One True Story
  • DC Comics Covergirls
  • A Practical Guide to Monsters
  • Earth Then and Now: Amazing Images of Our Changing World
  • Encyclopedia Horrifica: Terrifying Truth About Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, and More
  • Holdup
  • Gothic and Lolita
  • Ricochet
  • Blood Brothers
  • Fragments
  • Remembering Raquel
  • Something Rotten (Horatio Wilkes Mysteries, #1)
  • Book Club (Unshelved, #4)
  • Walking on Glass