Start by marking “Chobits, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Chobits, Volume 2

Chobits, Volume 2 (Chobits #2)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  4,814 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Hideki's an average guy in the 22nd century--he just wants a good job, a nice car and a sexy robot girlfriend. But until he gets a job, he'll never be able to afford his own 'Persocom' companion. Then the hapless, technophobic Hideki finds Chi on a scrap heap. Chi is an adorable but apparently dim-witted robot. She can't do word processing, she can't connect to the net, an ...more
Published June 25th 2007 by Public Square Books (first published June 29th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Chobits, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chobits, Volume 2

Radwa
Mar 01, 2016 Radwa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This is taking a new direction, it's getting more mysterious, and while I loved the cute tone in the first volume, I don't mind this!

I'm more interested in Chi, more than Hideki, I mean his classmate is more interesting than him, I wish they could give him sentences other than "Chi is so cute" or "Yumi is so cute"

Overall, I love the way Chi is learning bit by bit, and I love that little middle-school boy whose name I forgot, he's so cool and mysterious, and he's got a cooler backstory than Hidek
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2017 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75

This is so much deeper than I would have expected. Also hilarious. Also I wonder what is going on? Though my hubby has already spoiled it a bit but insures me there is more I am unaware of yet. And I wanna knoww. Why did that just happen? What is going on?! (don't wanna spoil)

Edit: I need to quit talking to him. Now I know more. Still enjoying it none-the-less but he doesn't understand I don't want all these spoilers and think's it's funny. Even so I am really enjoying this storyline!
Nyssa
This review will be for Chapters 13 - 24 in the Chobits: Omnibus, Vol. 1 omnibus edition.

Original Review - March 5th, 2013 (Rating: 4) :

The mystery deepens as we, the reader, learn that not everyone is who they say they are...

What is it about Chi? What is Chi? Even she doesn't know...yet.

Additional Thoughts - May 31st, 2015 (Rating 3.5) :

I hate to fuss, really, but Hideki's cluelessness, plus his constant state of panic and anxiety seems more aggravating this time around. Between his two f
Robin
Feb 28, 2013 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really quite enjoy Chobits. As far as CLAMP manga goes, a lot of fans dislike it, saying that it runs counter to other CLAMP works. I enjoy the parts about Chobits that involve sacrifice, the problem of requited vs. unrequited love, the power of love itself, the nature of love (is it something programmed, or is it something inherent in sentient beings - when does "love" stop and become "programming" instead?). It's all really interesting and heartbreaking, too.

Beyond the psychological and phil
Sami C
Every other woman in this manga have dark hair. But not Chi, nope. She's a special snowflake. She's a Chobit. And despite all the women surrounding the virgin Hideki, he is bound to pick Chi, the one thing he can't have because she's a machine. But that's okay because this volume started with two chicks waking up on the same bed.

This is like wank material for teenage boys.
Raquel Jiménez
Feb 02, 2017 Raquel Jiménez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es taaan mono este manga. Además me resulta interesante la cuestión que plantea acerca de los androides.
Delphine Vanlanduyt
chi is so adorable
María
Jan 27, 2017 María rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretendía que me durase algo más que un día, pero imposible!! Son un vicio, no paro de reír con Hideki y Chii, me muero de ganas de seguir con el tercero.
Sade
Nov 05, 2008 Sade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You got a D in reading class! Well guess what, your going to read this book for the next two hours.” “Ugh! I don’t want to read. I HATE READING!”

How many times has your parents told you something similar to that? Well in my life that has happened a lot. You may be thinking that I’m going to discuss how much I hate reading. On the contrary my friend. What I will be discussing is how much I absolutely love to read. I mean how could you not love reading. There is a choice for everyone’s interest.
Séverine
Me voilà de retour, avec le tome 2 de la saga « Chobits ». D'entrée de jeu, le côté humoristique du manga est remis en avant, avec un Hideki qui se remet d'une nuit de beuverie avec Tchii et son professeur, Shimizu.
En passant quelques pages, nous nous rendons comptes que la logeuse de Hideki n'est pas la simple propriétaire toute gentille du premier tome. Elle semble avoir un lien avec Tchii et son créateur. Elle possède une tenue de l'ordinateur, et des photos d'elle avant sa rencontre avec Hid
Coco
Jul 08, 2013 Coco rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Meghan Coffey
Oct 26, 2013 Meghan Coffey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starbubbles
Jul 28, 2009 Starbubbles rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
i love how you can see shimbo and shimizu's relationship near the beginning. yeah in the anime you get totally surprised by their relationship halfway through the series. your left going 'what?! did i miss something vital here!?' at like episode 13. anywho- as chi's chobit mystery deepens, you also see the landlady play a bigger role in the mystery. clamp really knows how to weave an interesting story. clamp knows just how to tap into legitimate fears people could have in an age where people are ...more
Jonathan Dillingham
This book is about a guy named Hedieki, and a persocom that he found. A persocom is a humanoid, or a robot with all human traits on the outside. Hedieki named his com chi, and has to teach her what the world is all about, because she has lost all her data. Persocoms are becomming very popular and almost all humans have forgotten about real humans and have fallen in love with their coms. This is also one of Hedieki's main conflicts, because he too, has a girlfriend and she gets really uncomforta ...more
Rachel Thompson
Dec 15, 2008 Rachel Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Chi continues to learn things at an alarming rate although human emotions puzzle her. She realizes that she likes to make Hideki happy and when he complains about his money troubles, she decides she wants to get a job to help him out. She sets off on her own and runs into the owner of a shady live-action peep show. Hideki, frantic with worry about what she might get into on her own, sets off in search of her, coming across his friend and his teacher, and seeing something he wasn't meant to see.

T
Vitor Frazão
Sep 08, 2013 Vitor Frazão rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Quando se ultrapassa as tolices de: "oh Chi com mais uma fatiota para as fantasias dos Lolicon's"; a parada de personagens femininas infantis sem conteúdo e as fantasias de Hideki, centrando-se a história na origem e função de Chi, quase que temos algo minimamente interessante. Infelizmente esses desenvolvimentos só equivalem para aí a um ou dois capítulos num volume.

Faltando só 5 volumes e sendo livros pequenos sou capaz de aguentar-me até ao fim só para ver onde querem chegar com isto, mas duv
Sophie
This volume is very fanservicey, and for me, it goes a bit too far. I'm aware that it's my personal preference, but I did not enjoy when Chi tries to work at the peep show - she looks like a young teenager, and yet she's being encouraged to do sexually explicit things... I know she's a persocom, but I just find it really awkward to read. There's a lot of Hideki plotline, which wasn't my favourite, but the ending of this volume is intriguing and I am looking forward to find out more about persoco ...more
East Bay J
Aug 18, 2010 East Bay J rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Of the manga I recently found in my building's recycle bin, Chobits is the most interesting, poignant and perhaps disturbing. Hard to believe this is recommended for teens 16+ but that's what it says on the cover. The personal computer angle is what makes this story so timely. Personal computers, or persocoms, are human in form and a big question in this series is whether that's okay or not in a general moral and intellectual sense. Clamp, which is a collective of women making manga for women, c ...more
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This series was a great mix of hilariousness with some serious events thrown into the mix making this series more complex than ridiculous. The high concept technology and how it can get integrated into a modern day society is fascinating.

Chii was such a wonderful character, I loved her innocent ways and attitude.

Read Fruits Basket if you like this series. It has the same mix of comedic hilarity with some more serious issues thrown in.
Kate
Sep 18, 2009 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, age-adult, sci-fi, 2009
I blew through this so fast... again, the artwork is great. Even though there are quite a few sexual jokes, mostly about Hideki's virginity and his obvious arousal, the lightness of the humor made this not lewd at all. The nudity is always a part of the plot and not gratuitous, even when Chi tries to help Hideki out by getting a job at a strip club. The book Chi is reading, "A City with No People," is an interesting foreshadowing of the plot (and pretty adorable).
Ariel
Jun 05, 2016 Ariel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit I forgot how these books were. It's interesting to see that Chi tries to get a job while having little knowledge on how to actually work. It seems she literally got her 'job' based on good looks alone. It's also funny how Hideki can be kind of a loveable jerk. I will admit though, sometimes the story can be hard to follow, with the way the books are set up, I think you have to be into these kind of books to understand them and like them. But so far, Chobits has yet to disappoint!
Dyah
Even though he's pervy (and it's understandble, judging from his dry surrounding), Hideki is a kind-hearted guy. Most of the times he appears silly, but he's not stupid. He has deep thoughts. And I think he's actually an ideal guy to be a boyfriend. His girl must be someone who's supportive and has faith in him.

Back to the story itself, Chobits addresses some heavy issues and they're relevant especially nowadays when people have become heavily addicted to gadgets.
Eva Lectura eterna
Me está sorprendiendo mucho estos mangas, Chi me parece un personaje tan tierno a pesar de ser un ordenador. Y Hideki se preocupa mucho de Chi.

En algunas escenas quise gritar pero que monos, porque creo que su historia de amor puede ser muy bonita, aunque ella sea un ordenador. Tengo muchas intrigas y este tomo no ayuda a resolverlas, sinoq que me crea más.

Tengo muchas ganas de continuar con la historia porque es muy bonita y con muchos secretos.
Carolin
Jul 29, 2014 Carolin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rena
Jan 08, 2014 Rena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, manga
I'm not really sure what to say right now. I find the concept and plot interesting, but they way that they are presented is not my usual style. I will keep reading, and hopefully the story will progress decently. I do not really know. It is a little weird, but I am still reading.
Kate
Jun 10, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, own, manga
I absolutely adore this manga by CLAMP. They manage to take some extremely pertinent and complex questions about the nature of love and the individuality of robots, and combine them with one of the most adorable romances ever!
Alba Muñoz
Me alegro de haberle dado una oportunidad, ya que la cosa se pone interesante.
Estoy muy intrigada por el pasado de Chi y quiero saber qué traman tanto la profesora como la propietaria...
Carissa
FALSE
Caroline Jensen
Jul 02, 2013 Caroline Jensen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A previous friend of mine wanted me to read all the books, convincing me they were good and I hoped they would get better... what a waste of time.
Jenn
Feb 25, 2009 Jenn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-artbooks
Chobits, tome 2 by Clamp (2003)
  • Love Hina, Vol. 12
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 2 (D.N.Angel, #2)
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 7 (Marmalade Boy, #7)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 6 (Alice 19th, #6)
Ōkawa Nanase 大川七瀬
[born: 2 May 1967; Ōsaka, bloodtype: A]

Mokona Apapa もこなあぱぱ
[born: 16 Jun 1968, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP...