Start by marking “200 Pomegranates And An Audience Of One: Creating A Life Of Meaning And Influence” as Want to Read:

Shawn Wood explores the story of obscure Old Testament
character Huram of Tyre, a bronzeworker putting the finishing
touches on Solomon s Temple. Huram was renowned for his
talent, but he saved the most ornate details of his temple work,
including 200 intricately crafted pomegranates, for a place
where most people would never even notice it: thirty-four feet off
the ground, ato
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about 200 Pomegranates And An Audience Of One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 200 Pomegranates And An Audience Of One

Adam Shields
Aug 12, 2009 Adam Shields rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lendable
This is a good book. The author is funny, thoughtful and has a point. The basic point of this book is that we need to work to the best of our ability and for God. The central biblical story is the building of the temple and the 200 pomegranates that were put on the top of the columns where no one could see them but God. The builder could have just not done anything up there but instead choose to put some of the best work there, for his audience of one (God).

Strangely I think it is a good complem
Katie Casey
Jan 17, 2010 Katie Casey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010favs
"Here is what I know about you: Right now there is a work in you that God has not given up on. You may have; but God has not."

In 200 Pomegranates, Shawn Wood looks at 10 verses from 1 Kings 7 that tell the story of Huram - a skilled craftsman from Tyre who is called upon by King Solomon to do some work in the Temple. His work? To create 2 columns 18 cubits high (~35 feet) on which he carved 200 pomegranates each. And all this beautiful craftsmanship was located at the top of the columns - in a p
Lillie
Nov 01, 2009 Lillie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of us who wonder if what we do is important or has meaning, this book reassures us that if we are working for the Lord--an audience of one--what we do is less important than how we do it. Wood uses the example of Huram in the Old Testament, who created beautiful designs, including 200 pomegranates, according to God's instructions at the top of a 34' high pillar. Perhaps no other human ever saw the top of the pillar, but God did. And He sees what we do for Him as well. Very encouraging.
Gail
Jun 23, 2009 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still thinking about this one. It's a great afternoon read, but the thinking about the ideas goes on for days. This is a good book for anyone who wants to reflect on our motivation for what we do in this life. Personal evaluation and reflection on our worship and its connection to real life is what this book is all about. Very creative story used to make the point one that one won't soon forget. If nothing else, read it to find out what the title means!
Martin Spriggs
Apr 08, 2009 Martin Spriggs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rarely have I read a book that has changed the way I live. Obviously the Bible does that daily. This book focuses on a fairly obscure section of scripture and makes it hit home, at least for me. It answers a couple of questions: 1) What should I spend my time "getting good at", and 2) What should my personal priorities be. Read it in one sitting. Awesome book Shawn!
Marcus Lynn
In this short (120 pages) book, Wood utilizes the brief story of Huram from 1 Kings 7 to show us how we should live (get great at something, do something, invest in things that last, work for an audience of one, and finish what you start).
Judy Upton
Sep 27, 2013 Judy Upton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This selection was one of a Book Club hosted by my mentor in my home based business. It reminds me of the lessons learned through out my growing years in Sunday School and Church. But it challenges me to do more in every aspect of my life. A great read for any one.
Netta
Sep 24, 2008 Netta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It hit me right in the heart... being great at whatever God has placed in front of us! Stop looking to be something else and be the best we can be at what He's assigned us to.
So good!
Curtis Stephens
An inspiring book that helps you focus on performing for an audience of one. Whatever it is that you do, be great at it and do it for God's glory to be revealed.
Sue
Jul 23, 2010 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, but I skimmed it. It's well written and I didn't disagree. But I'm not much for inspirational books right now. I think it was free on my Kindle and I needed to see what it was about.
Susan Kerr

I just had a hard time getting really excited about this book. Perhaps I was just not in the mood.
Tanya
Aug 23, 2009 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I'm not religious, but I enjoyed the stories and the overall message it had to give. The little humerous quips by the author were nice too
Stan
Feb 25, 2014 Stan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absorbing and interesting.
Onceinabluemoon
Onceinabluemoon rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2010
Chris Jones
Chris Jones rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Suzie
Suzie rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2009
Gayle Matsuoka
Gayle Matsuoka rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Will
Will rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2012
Thea
Thea rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Michelle Goodson
Michelle Goodson rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2011
Jessieirwin
Jessieirwin rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
R.E. Murphy
R.E. Murphy rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Dave Smith
Dave Smith rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2013
Teena
Teena rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2009
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2010
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2009
Michelle Butlig
Michelle Butlig rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2013