Start by marking “A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie: And Other Lessons for Succeeding in Life” as Want to Read:
A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie: And Other Lessons for Succeeding in Life

A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie: And Other Lessons for Succeeding in Life

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
LIFE LESSONS AND HARD-EARNED ADVICE THAT EVERY BOY NEEDS TO BECOME A MAN—AND EVERY MAN NEEDS TO BECOME A RESPECTED CITIZEN

ANTWONE FISHER ALWAYS ADMIRED his foster father’s crisp sartorial style. It wasn’t until Fisher was a navy recruit that he realized this smartly dressed man had never taken the time to teach him how to be well-groomed—to reflect on the outside the man
Published April 20th 2010 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie

Ice
Sep 06, 2011 Ice rated it liked it
Nathan
Oct 02, 2013 Nathan rated it liked it
Shelves:
Even though I have not read this book all the way through, it has still made an impact on me. Every page is a life lesson needed to be taught. Antwone Fisher’s experiences in his journey through life are ones that not everybody will go through, for better or worse. Due to the fact that he has been exposed to the higher of highs and lower of lows in life, he has a wider range of knowledge than most. When one goes from having nothing and being abused to being able to have almost whatever your hear ...more
Stephanie Reid-taylor
Jul 12, 2014 Stephanie Reid-taylor rated it it was amazing
Read the book in 2010, and the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Fisher.
Cody Eastgaard
Apr 09, 2014 Cody Eastgaard rated it it was ok
This book provides good advice for young teenagers 14-18. However beyond that the information is rather dull and common sense.
Carole
Jan 02, 2011 Carole rated it liked it
This made me want to read his autobiography. Such a sad childhood, but really pulled himself together with the help of the Navy and a few good friends. I felt the advice for young men was probably a bit too scattered to really be helpful to someone who, like him, starts at the bottom. But what a nice man to reach out to help others.
Prosia960
Jan 07, 2013 Prosia960 rated it did not like it

Absolutely horrible book. Not a book I would read again. The book has little useful information and uses simplistic English which are vague and looks like it is written by a child. Looking forward to finishing this book so I can move on to another, more useful book.
Rebecca Recco
Nov 28, 2010 Rebecca Recco rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a great "how to" life manual for boys AND girls. I bought it for my sons, but I am going to make my daughter read it as well. Lots of great info about everything from selecting clothing for a job interview to investing money and dealing with life's problems.
Polly
Apr 02, 2011 Polly rated it liked it
I'm always interested in how the other not-quite-half (by which I mean men) lives, and definitely anything that includes decent written directions on how to tie a tie! My interest sort of fell off after that, however.
Daniel Williams
Oct 21, 2010 Daniel Williams rated it it was amazing
This book is very important for how to dress properly. I love how Antwone explains how to dress in public and teaches of being well-dressed. My goal is to finish this book this weekend.
Jay
Dec 10, 2010 Jay rated it it was ok
It wasn't what I expected. Though some might enjoy the mediocre hodge-podge of fashion, finance and self-esteem advice, like people say, "if you aim for everything..."
Seanny
Dec 15, 2010 Seanny rated it really liked it
Inspirational. From someone who came out of the hood and became something. Practical advice for anyone 10yrs old to 60yrs old.
Tracy Spencer
A must have in your library.
Mark Wells
Mark Wells rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Lucenda
Lucenda marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
McMakin
McMakin marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Gabriel Smith
Gabriel Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
JD
JD rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Don
Don rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Meg
Meg added it
Aug 12, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Elliot Phillips
Elliot Phillips marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kesrick Gregg
Kesrick Gregg marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Sherri Dishon
Sherri Dishon marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015