Death, the Vamp and His Brother

Death, the Vamp and His Brother

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  11 reviews

When it comes down to love or duty, pick a side—and pray your heart survives.

Death exists for one purpose and one purpose only: to sever the life-threads of the living. She does her job with pride and an unwavering commitment. Nothing ruffles her. Until she encounters Patrick Watkins. The Australian lifeguard pushes all her buttons—and makes her tailbone itch like crazy.

Published (first published August 5th 2009)

Melissa
Death must come to everyone. But what happens when Death is a hot young woman rather than a skeletal corpse? Death, the Vamp and his Brother is a fun and fast paced tale of Death’s interactions with two brothers and their adventure saving the world.
Fred (aka Death) is not your typical Grim Reaper. She doesn’t like the whole cloak outfit but would rather wear jeans and a hoddie. Fred takes her job seriously and knows that death is an important part of life. When she takes a man on the beach one d...more
Romancefangirl
Steph
Death, The Vamp and His Brother introduces us to Death, the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, the Grim Reaper, "or as she preferred to call herself in this millennium, Fred - she'd been a fan of the Flintstones since 1960".

While collecting a soul on Australia's Bondi beach, she realizes that a super hot life guard, Patrick Watkins, sees her. WTF! Humans are supposed to see her. And, he's pissed. He's pissed because its his job to see that people don't die while swimming at Bondi.

We also meet...more
Tez
Holly
Death is doing her job when a random lifeguard actually sees her, something he shouldnt be able to do. But Patrick isnt an average guy, he is destined for something special as his brother Ven the vampire has predicted. Death, or Fred as she has named herself, is incredibly interested in Patrick and goes to him one night. But Ven interrupts and decides that Death is after Patrick and needs to leave him alone. But Death has no negative intentions towards him and is actually interfering where she s...more
Cindyg
Okay, may be more 3 1/2 stars...I had a difficult time getting in to this one but about half way through it finally grabbed me. I enjoyed the characters, Death was funny, she really had her hands full, Ven our vampire and so much more and last but certainly not least is Patrick, running from what/who he truly is for most of his life, finally coming to grips with his other side. Action packed, intense sexuality but the ending left me a little empty. Good read.
Sandra
A lifeguard on Aussie's Bondi Beach is targeted by the First Horseman of the Apocalypse, Pestilence, and Death wants to know why.

A very intriguing story with plenty of Aussieisms, though a few far fetched cliche ones as well. Our lifeguard is Patrick, his brother the Vamp is Steven, known as Ven and Death likes the name Fred in honour of The Flintstones.

I like Lexxie's writing and have read a few of her stories now and enjoyed them all.
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker
Loved the book. It was lots of fun, and interesting. It's not just a paranormal erotica but also had a really good story woven in between. I read it in almost one sitting and I'm happy I finally picked it up from my TBR pile.
Marcia
This book was just ok. I did not like the writers writing style and found that the story lacked depth. I found the story very scattered. Just not my cup of tea.
Jen
Grisly detail at times but it is a very enjoyable romp. Don't let the morbid nature of the story put you off!
Catherine
interesting twists. entertaining.
Val Paquette
Val Paquette marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jun 20, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Surabhi
Surabhi marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Apr 16, 2014
Jinx
Jinx marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Lexxie’s not a deviant. She just has a deviant’s imagination and a desire to entertain readers with her words. Add the two together and you get darkly erotic romances with a twist of horror, sci-fi and the paranormal.

When she’s not submerged in the worlds she creates, Lexxie’s life revolves around her family, a husband who thinks she’s insane, a indoor cat who likes to stalk shadows, two yabbies h...more
More about Lexxie Couper...
Love's Rhythm (Heart of Fame, #1) Muscle For Hire (Heart of Fame, #2) Tropical Sin (Bandicoot Cove, #3; Heart of Fame, #0.5) Guarded Desires (Heart of Fame, #3) Suck and Blow (Party Games, #1)