Start by marking “Wills, Trusts, and Estates ” as Want to Read:
Wills, Trusts, and Estates

Wills, Trusts, and Estates

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Retaining the late Jesse Dukeminier's signature blend of wit, erudition, insight, and playfulness, Wills, Trusts, and Estates, now in its Eighth Edition, continues to offer interesting cases, well written notes, and a logical organization. The Eight Edition's new Companion Website, available with adoptions, includes an electronic version of the Teacher's Manual, PowerPoint ...more
Hardcover, 8th Edition, 1025 pages
Published August 5th 2009 by Aspen Publishers (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Wills, Trusts, and Estates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wills, Trusts, and Estates

It is a great book. In preparation of your estate documents, it is vital that you have an understanding of what you want and how you can get it.

Don't do it yourself. Paying an attorney to write the documents will cost you hundreds, maybe thousands - but you know what the cost is right now. So it is a fixed and controllable expenditure. Shop around. find an attorney who can do what you want at a fair price.

If you do it yourself, no one will find your mistakes until you are dead. Fixing the mistak
Suzanne Van Horn
Best law school textbook so far. Tons of unnecessary gossipy footnotes, which I loved. Ex. "this guy's nephew professionally de-snaked dogs." "this lady was married 4 times to 4 crazy men and blew all her money on seances." Obviously paraphrased but you get the picture. Definitely don't skip the footnotes if you have to read this book for class.
Meg Murphy
this is actually pretty good for a textbook. i enjoy the pictures and editor's footnotes about the background of the crazy people involved in the cases. it makes the cases more interesting.
Valerie Sherman
I'm with Meg on this one, this was pretty good as casebooks go. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that it had pictures - even a full color plate of a Mark Rothko painting!
Tim W
Apparently the Bolsheviks got rid of inheritance altogether in 1918 but had to bring it back four years later because the abolition caused too much political unrest.
Ezra Hood
Casebook for wills, trusts, and estates. Dukeminier picks interesting ones, and the topic is a necessary for every adult, eventually!

This is better read for credit.
Hate the subject matter, but am forced to admit that this is a good text for a clear and concise summation of trust and estate law.
David Camacho
Not bad for required law reading! The authors try to inject some humor and interesting notes after cases.
more humor than one would expect to find in a casebook - the editors do a good job to lighten this up...
this is how much my life sucks...this is actually my most exciting reading for the semester.
The authors chose cases and use a tone that gives the book more human interest than most law texts.
Ellen Drews
Unfortunately...this is more accurate of what I am spending my time reading these days.
Textbook as part of my Wills, Trusts, and Estates class in Escuela de Law.
Robin Bucaria
I like the organization and format of this casebook.
Lucid and entertaining.
Mark added it
Oct 03, 2015
Hilary Barnard
Hilary Barnard is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2015
Julia Fraser
Julia Fraser marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Marie is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2015
Ben added it
Jul 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Property Property, Concise Edition (Aspen Casebook Series) Perpetuities Law in Action: Kentucky Case Law and the 1960 Reform Act Casenote Legal Briefs: Wills, Trusts, & Estates - Keyed to Dukeminier, Johanson, Lindgren & Sitkoff Teacher's Manual for Property, Fourth Edition