Start by marking “Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)

Santa, Honey (Richmond Rogues #4.5)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  420 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Ho, Humbug, Ho
By Nationally Bestselling Author KATE ANGELL

Forced into a scratchy white beard and a red velvet suit two sizes too small, hotshot ballplayer Alex Boxer knows his goose is cooked when the woman supervising his community service turns out to be cute as a Christmas elf but channelling the nutcracker.

Naughty or Nice
By New York Times Bestselling Author SANDRA HILL
Mass Market Paperback, 322 pages
Published September 29th 2009 by Love Spell (first published August 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Santa, Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Santa, Honey

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrBy Proxy by Katy RegnerySimply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
98th out of 602 books — 742 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
165th out of 447 books — 1,052 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Oct 01, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Christmas anthologies
This is a Christmas anthology (I know, already?) with two pretty good stories and one story that I tried, but it just wasn't working for me, so it was a rare DNF.

First up was Ho, Humbug, Ho, a continuation of Kate Angell's Richmond Rogues baseball series featuring rookie center fielder Alex Boxer.

Heading to Miami to party away the upcoming holidays with his usual assortment of bimbos, Alex is caught speeding through quaint little Holiday, Florida, and sentenced to 40 hours of community service p
Carrie
I realize I'm not all that good at judging short stories because I tend to compare the character development to a full-length novel. Obviously, it's very difficult to develop characters or situations in any depth in so much less space. So while rating the stories in this anthology, I've tried to keep the short form of the work in mind.

Ho, Humbug, Ho by Kate Angell
3 stars

Decent story and likable characters. I've enjoyed Angell's Richmond Rogue books, but I don't consider this in that category. Th
Jenifer
A group of books about romance during the holidays, what could be better?

Ho, Humbug, Ho by Kate Angell was a very cute story about two unlikely people getting together.
Welcome to Holiday, a small town in a southern state that embraces the holiday spirit, and a small town that famous ballplayer Alex has been forced into community service for speeding through town. His punishment? Play Santa in a scratchy white beard and too small suit until the holidays are over. It's not all bad though, Holly is
Lori
Dec 07, 2009 Lori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christmas stories fans, romance fans, contemporary romance fans
I enjoyed this Christmas anthology immensely! Normally, I'm not a fan of "older" stories being thrown in with new releases, but I didn't even realize that Sandra Hill's story, Naughty or Nice, was over 10 yrs. old when I read it. Though it wasn't my favorite of the three, it was enjoyable.

Ho, Humbug, Ho is actually the 5th installment in Kate Angell's "Richmond Rogues" series. If you've already read the first 4 books, you may want to grab this one to add to your collection. This story was my lea
Anthology - 3 stories in one. Overall a good read...one was okay, one was almost really good, and the other was really good.

Ho, Humbug, Ho by Kate Angell
3 1/2 stars
This is the 5th in the Richmond Rogue series. The last book, Sliding Home introduced Alex Boxer. He's a young, arrogant, center fielder. In this story, he's on his way to south Florida for some Christmas fun in the sun...especially with blond twins waiting for him. He gets the book thrown at him for speeding in a school zone in Holid
Kelley
Courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

Santa, Honey is a compilation of three Christmas romantic comedies, and “Santa” plays a role in all three of them. While this was a pleasant way to spend a few hours during the holidays, there’s really only one I came away from with the feeling I had read a great story.

In Ho, Humbug, Ho by Kate Angell, star baseball player Alex Boxer is sentenced to 40 hours of community service for speeding in a school zone. All he cares about is a holiday on the beach with s
Jane Stewart
4, 3, and 3 stars for three short Christmas romance stories.

4 stars for CHRISTMAS UNPLUGGED by Joy Nash.

Story Brief:
Casey and Emma are sisters who live together in New York City. Emma looks like a Barbie doll and is trying to get work as an actress with no luck. Casey pays the bills as a computer programmer. Emma and her boyfriend booked a romantic getaway at a lodge in northern New York State. They broke up two days before the trip, so Emma convinced Casey to go with her. Casey grudgingly went
Amanda
I got this book for the Kate Angell's HO, HUMBUG, HO #5 in the Richmond Rogues series. I wasn't sure I was going to like it but I was asked to give it a chance and so I did by clearing all thoughts of why I wouldn't like this story and began reading.

I'm still not a big fan of Alex Boxer, but I loved Holly, and at first I really didn't want Alex anywhere near Holly. But while reading and getting into the story I could see how good Holly would be for Alex (note I didn't say how good Alex would b
Tracy
Obviously I'm more than a little behind on my reading, as I had fully intended to enjoy this anthology of holiday novellas during the actual holiday season, but I'm glad I finally sat down to enjoy them. Sometimes funny, often sweet, and rich with the flavor of my favorite time of year, this anthology is definitely worth a read...no matter what month is face up on the calendar.

~* Ho, Humbug, Ho by Kate Angell *~
Series: Richmond Rogues, Book 5
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Length: 1267 Locations

Getting caught
Kelly
Christmas themed books are ones that I can only read around this time of year. I just can't get into people decorating trees and battening down the hatches for a huge storm when it's 100F outside. Sorry. I wish I could. But no. That means that all these free Amazon reads that happen to be Christmas-y are going to get read fast. There's a very small window of opportunity here, people. Very small.

So. A couple of things. I almost passed this book up when I first saw it. For one, short stories by au
Crystal S
Ho, Humbug, Ho - Funny and cute. 3 stars. Love is declared rather suddenly (a problem with all three stories in the this anthology), especially when you consider what a playboy Alex is at the beginning of the story.

Naughty or Nice - 2 stars. Clearly an old story. The hero apparently looks like an older Brad Pitt, who is nearing 50 now. I wanted to like this story, but I felt it streeeeetched believability. (view spoiler)
Caro
Ho, Humbug, Ho was pretty good. I would read it again, but more as it's there. I liked the humor and justice kinda thing. Also, seasonal lessons always make for good stories, fictional or memorial. Naughty or Nice was really good. I liked the humor of the situation and everything. I definitely would read this one again and again. It's just too unbelievably believable. Christmas Unplugged was pretty good too. I liked the whole unplugged thing. I would read this book again. The computer sister I r ...more
Carla
Santa, Honey, by Sandra Hill, Joy Nash and Kate Angell is a Christmas collection of three novellas: Ho Humbug Ho, Naughty or Nice and Christmas Unplugged by three bestselling hot-rom writers. Again, this is not a genre I'd normally read, but I downloaded it at a particularly bargain Kindle price to try it. And, I was glad I did. While I may have occasionally blushed at some of the more explicit references, I enjoyed each of the three stories. They were quick-paced, with happy endings - what more ...more
Christine
Another story in my holiday book phase . . .

Really enjoyed the stories by Kate Angell and Sandra Hill.

Kate Angell's "Ho, Humbug, Ho" is part of the Richmond Rogues series. I enjoyed both the hero and heroine equally. The story is good and dialogue is amusing.

Sandra Hill's "Naughty or Nice" was great. The humor was the best part of the story. The quickness of the characters' feelings towards each other, well . . . it's a cute, short romance.

Joy Nash's "Christmas Unplugged" was my least favorite
Aarti Kanojia
I liked 'Naughty and Nice' by Sandra Hill best. The some of the lines really made me laugh out loud, and in public no less as I was reading while waiting for a friend to show up.
Lynne
I enjoyed Kate Angell's story (I'm a sucker for a baseball story), but Sandra Hill's "Naughty or Nice" had parts that didn't even make sense. At one point Jesse and Luke are handcuffed together and Jesse is thinking about the fact that she can't find the key. Then suddenly they aren't even wearing the cuffs anymore. They aren't taken off, they are even mentioned again. Bad editing! Joy Nash's story about two sisters and two brothers was filled with characters it was difficult to like. Definitely ...more
Dina
2* - "Ho, Humbug, Ho" by Kate Angell (Richmond Rogues series #5) – mix of corny and boring with a bit of witty
4* - "Naughty or Nice" by Sandra Hill– This is silly story. All pop culture references are outdated (reprint from 1996), but still very funny
3* -“Christmas Unplugged" by Joy Nash - Average looking h vs. very handsome H plus annoying sister. It was not very convincing or funny love story
Acquafortis
Loved the humour and spicy sex sprinkled amongst the words of these three short Christmas romance stories.
A bit far fetched at least for me, the speed with which people in these stories seem to all fall in love. But aren't we all entitled to dream a bit while we read, now and then, especially under the mistletoe?
Amy
This was a Free Kindle book from Amazon and I read just the first 2 stories over Christmas weekend while trying out my new Kindle. Didn't hold my interest enough to finish the last story, but now that I've read the reviews maybe I'll have to go back and check it out. Sounds like it was the best of the 3.
Dawn ♥ romance
Three fun holiday stories with lots of humor but the instant love a bit of a stretch, my rating 3.5* 1- Holly directs baseball star Alex forced to play Santa. 2- Santa Jessica meets Santa Brad during robbery (read before) 3- Computer geek Casey gets snowed in with Matt.
Kari
The only reason this got 2 stars was the last story, which I liked. Joy Nash's was a fun light read. Sandra HIll's story was just cheesy and ridiculous. The pop culture references really date the piece. I rolled my eyes through the entire thing! Kate Angell's was just meh.
Kat McKay
I got this one for the Sandra Hill story. Very cute and Christmas-sy. Started to read the Joy Nash story, but the main characters hooked up too quickly and easily. I like a lot of drawn out longing and misadventure in my romance novels/stories.
This book featured three cute Christmas-themed novellas. All three stories involved unbelievable love-at-first-sight romances. The second one was kind of outdated which was funny to read. Not something I'd read again but it was cute.
TJ Hadley
Good to read another story about a Richmond Rouges but because it was a short story it left something to be desired. The other two stories were not great, but if you read the Richmond Rouges series worth checking out of the library.
Kristi
This was a pretty fun collection of holiday shorts. I enjoyed Joy Nash's contribution the most, but all three were enjoyable. I will most certainly look into Nash's other titles and quite possible the other contributors as well.
Angie
I only read the Sandra Hill story which I loved! A woman who believes that she has a Christmas curse and the widowed man she meets while robbing a grocery store! Funny and cute, my kind of x-mas story!
Judy
Three in one! Three authors each tell their "Santa" story -- and after some love-at-first-sight, the love seems to be permanent and sincere enough for marriages. This is another free Kindle download.

Sara
What's more fun to read at the holidays than some quickie Christmas romances. They're shorter than a regular novel, so there's plenty of "love at first sight." But still, enjoyable and easily interruptable.
JazzRizz
Another great Christmas Anthology. I loved all the stories - but Joy Nash's Christmas Unplugged is a great reminder to soak in the season and enjoy the simple things for a few days.
Karen
I love all three stories. I didn't know that one of them was apart of a series (Kate Angell - Richmond Roges series). After reading that one, now I have to read the rest of them.
  • Twas the Night
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Hot Ticket (contains New York Blades, #4.5)
  • To All A Good Night
  • Sliding into Home (Harlequin Blaze, #486)
  • Heating Up The Holidays (Harlequin Blaze, #435) (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #3)
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Cowboy Trouble
  • Gemini Moon
  • Yule Be Mine
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Power Play
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • 25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Ever
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Unwrapped (Hot Scot Trilogy #3)
  • Holiday Bound
I live in Beautiful Naples on the Gulf of Mexico, Florida. I love the sunshine, as well as the seasonal summer thunderstorms. I'm a morning person. I enjoy brunch. I'm an animal lover and avid reader. I laugh a lot. My birthday's in March, I'm an Aries. My favorite color is purple. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I can read Tarot Cards. My office has lots of plants: bamboo, Elephant Ear, and ...more
More about Kate Angell...
Squeeze Play (Richmond Rogues, #1) Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2) Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4) Strike Zone (Richmond Rogues, #3) Sweet Spot (Richmond Rogues, #5)