Two-Fisted Science

Two-Fisted Science

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Xeric Award-winning graphic novel is back in print, in a new edition! From Galileo to Isaac Newton to Richard Feynman, you'll be amazed how the personalities of the scientists who shaped our world shaped their lives and discoveries. Some are serious, some are humorous, yet each is a compelling tale of science history.
Published October 20th 2009 by G.T. Labs (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Two-Fisted Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two-Fisted Science

Keith Davis
A collection of short pieces with anecdotes about famous scientists by various artists. The format is kind of reminiscent of the Big Book series from Paradox Press that did graphic collections on topics like conspiracies and urban legends.

More than half the book is taken up by stories about physicist Richard Feynman. Feynman is certainly an interesting character, a sort of minor cult of personality has grown up about him over the years, but these stories are well known. The book could have been...more
Goldstein
When it was good it was good, when it was bad, it was illegible.

I didn't have enough background for the pro-and epilogue to make sense.

Feynman's stories had enough detail to be both interesting and new, BUT the switching from one author to another was confusing, and some of the fonts were hard to read there also.

The safe-cracker series was the best STORY all in all (4 stars), but it had very little science, which given the title was a let-down.
Bonnie Stufflebeam
The bits regarding Feynman, which really makes up most of the book, were great. I didn't know anything about this particular scientist until reading, and now I'm definitely intrigued. A couple of the strips were a little dumb, such as "Shoulders of Giants." And none of the rest interested me as much as the Feynman stories.
AJ
Jim Ottaviani can pretty much do no wrong in my mind. As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, although I was a bit disappointed in reading a lot of repeat material, having already read Feynman.
Priya
Really loved to get to know the conditions and circumstances under which these great minds worked for all of us to have a future today.

Amazing collection of stories! Becoming a fan of Ottaviani.
Must read!
roland s
Buku ini berisi tentang cerita-cerita para ahli ahli dunia dalam menemukan teori-teori dan penemuan yang kemudian kita kenal saat ini. Perjalanan mereka dipenuhi cerita-cerita unik, konyol bahkan yang cukup menyedihkan.
Rich
Outstanding in every way. The stories are interesting and they even have a page talking about my favorite Bertrand Russell story (it's turtles all the way down). Scientists are the real rock stars, man...
Aarti
Interesting idea, but poor execution. No idea what the context on any of these stories really was, or how many of these scientists contributed to our collective knowledge.
Bunga Mawar
Di buku ini, cerita tentang ilmuwan fisika sableng tukang bobol brankas, Richard Feynman,-nya lumayan banyak! :)
Walau memang sebagian sumbernya udah pernah saya baca.
Indah Threez Lestari
Saksikan bagaimana Richard Feyman menggunakan waktu luangnya untuk membobol brankas ;)
Hindraswari enggar
Di balik penemuan besar, sebuah kisah pergulatan para ilmuwan terkemuka. penerbit KPG
Maxwell Heath
The Feynman bits were the best, although I'd already heard most of them.
Mike
Science.
Two-Fisted Science.

Need I say more?
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
bränt barn
bränt barn marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Mitch
Mitch marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Fabricio Moura
Fabricio Moura marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Zanna
Zanna marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014