Start by marking “Twenty-Somewhere” as Want to Read:
Twenty-Somewhere

Twenty-Somewhere (Twenty-Somewhere #1-40)

Written as 40 weekly webisodes, Twenty-Somewhere is the fast-paced, heartfelt story of 3 young women learning how to be independent, yet also hold onto each other, in this big, crazy, modern world.

Best friends Sophie Lin, Claudia Bradford, and MJ Alexander have graduated college and are ready to take on the real world. Or so they think. As relationships sour, careers sputt

ebook, Omnibus
Published June 2010 (first published July 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Twenty-Somewhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty-Somewhere

Easy by Tammara WebberBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireSlammed by Colleen HooverThoughtless by S.C. StephensWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
New Adult Literature
369th out of 1,278 books — 2,224 voters
Fangirl by Rainbow RowellAttachments by Rainbow RowellMagic America by C.E. MedfordWhere She Went by Gayle FormanStarlet's Web by Carla J. Hanna
New Adult That's NOT About Sex
12th out of 50 books — 101 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashley - Book Labyrinth
Kristan Hoffman describes her book by saying “Think Sex and the City meets Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.” I really love this description because it makes it clear that the book is about a group of close-knit friends. The thing I loved about ‘Twenty-Somewhere’ is that it’s set right after the girls (Sophie, Claudia and MJ) graduate from college. I haven’t read that many books that take place during this time, so that made it interesting for me. Hoffman did a good job describing the girls' ...more
Candy
Apr 24, 2011 Candy rated it really liked it
I've read entirely too many coming-of-age novels lately because I went into this one interested, but feeling like I'd read it all... yeah, not so much. This is more than a teenage girl finding herself, more than a the average 18-year-old finding himself. It's about a group of up-and-coming 20-somethings who help each other find themselves through love, laughter and fun.

The start of the book is a little rough. It takes a while to get used to the "episodes" and it felt a little disjointed at first
Sherrie Petersen
Jun 24, 2010 Sherrie Petersen rated it really liked it
I actually read all the episodes of this book on my Kindle and found myself sucked in right away.

The series is very addictive. I could relate to the struggles and growth these characters were going through right out of college. And honestly, once I got to a certain point, I had to stay up to finish reading. The author is working on a proposal for St. Martin's Press to turn these episodes into a more traditional book format. I can hardly wait to see how it turns out!

If you own an e-reader, Twent
Jeannette
Mar 03, 2011 Jeannette rated it really liked it
For a light, refreshing read, Twenty-Somewhere hits the spot. It's not your typical coming of age book full of angst & brooding. Twenty-Somewhere is a smart, witty story of three friends who make mistakes, learn from them & seem to actually enjoy their journey. Sophie, MJ & Claudia discover that life happens while you're making other plans. Through fights, break-ups & major career changes these girls find their own strength. They learn that jumping into life with out a net is ...more
Karen
Mar 09, 2011 Karen rated it it was ok
Was a quick read, but nothing really sets this apart from other books written about college grads trying to find themselves...the chapters are short though and it holds your attention since it doesnt really veer off the same storyline for the entire book.
Christina
Sep 03, 2012 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Short, almost novella-ish self-published e-book about three girls who graduate from college and struggle with typical post-graduation choices re: boys, career, life direction, etc. I liked the characters. They felt real and well-developed. Pretty sheltered and not particularly exciting, but that's part of what made them seem authentic and relatable. The plot was also OK -- I couldn't exactly describe it, but there was a quality that made me keep reading. I wanted to find out what was going to ...more
Jacy
May 02, 2012 Jacy rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
Three friends in their early 20's head out into the world. So original, I know! Still it was not a bad book. I got through it pretty quickly. Two of these girls had almost all male friends, who of course wanted to hook up with them. I felt like she could have done something differently than all that when she only had 3 main characters to work with. It was hard to separate those two girls as I was reading. I found myself checking how many pages I had left after I had gotten about halfway through ...more
Amy
Other Characters: 3/5
Plot: 3/5
Writing: 3/5
Triggering/Issues: 5/5 (None)

AVERAGED TOTAL: 3.3 out of five, rounded to 3.

This was an alright book. It was originally written as a series of "episodes" which explains the disjointedness. It was an interesting look at three twenty-something girls, and I enjoyed the sort of... finding your way message about it. The end wrapped up a bit quicker than I expected, but overall it was a good, simple sort of read.
Dana
Apr 23, 2011 Dana rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
The writing style was a little confusing. Narration would go back and forth between characters in different places, and they were in episodes rather than chapters. It was a good, quick read, but nothing substantial. It felt like a first effort, and I even think I saw some typos in the kindle version..
Carrie
May 05, 2012 Carrie rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club
I feel like I read the cliff notes version of this book! Crazy things happen and *bam* - end scene! And it may get mentioned later but that's it. I was incredibly annoyed by how these girls all had multiple men panting after them. And for all the man drama, the two single girls never found the right guy. This book just wasn't for me I guess.
Gypsy In Pearls
This was a fun little summer read. I got the sisterhood of the traveling pants without the stupid pants part (no way they all fit in the same jeans) feeling. I also enjoyed how this one was more "grown up" and sensible than most coming of age stories these days.
Jerrica
Oct 30, 2012 Jerrica rated it did not like it
Got this title as a bargain book or freebie on my Kindle and I just could not get into it or enjoy it at all, so at half way through I am giving up...
Becky
Dec 27, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
This was an alright book. I know it probably falls into the genre of romance, but lucky for me, it wasn't totally centered around the girls' love lives. Fast read.
Rebecca Knechtel
Rebecca Knechtel rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2016
Laura Helmers
Laura Helmers rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2013
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Elena
Elena rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2012
Victoria Brink
Victoria Brink rated it did not like it
May 27, 2016
Stefaniesiegert
Stefaniesiegert rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2011
ASG
ASG rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2012
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2012
Angie Roland
Angie Roland rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2013
vanessa molina
vanessa molina rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2015
Suriya
Suriya rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Janessa Quanrud
Janessa Quanrud rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Lauramelinda
Lauramelinda rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • New House 5: How a Dorm Becomes a Home
  • The Summerland
  • Just Dial 911 for Assistance
  • Where the Heart Is
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • Long Time Coming
  • Katheryn's Secret (Coast of Maine, #3)
  • India's Summer
  • Where the Hell is Matt? The Story Behind the Internet Dancing Sensation
  • Isn't It Romantic?
  • Sweetwater (Sweetwater, #1-3)
  • Luck Be Delanie
  • The Silent Storm
  • The Trouble with Nightingale
  • Blue Sky Days
  • Kiss Me If You Dare (Patricia Amble, #3)
  • Holiday Rush
Originally from Houston, TX, Kristan Hoffman studied creative writing at Carnegie Mellon University and attended the Kenyon Review Writers Workshop. Now she lives with her husband in Cincinnati, OH, where she writes both fiction and nonfiction with a focus on contemporary, multicultural stories. Her shorter work has appeared in Sugar Mule, the Citron Review, and Switchback, among others. She is ...more
More about Kristan Hoffman...

Twenty-Somewhere (10 books)