Start by marking “The Christmas Garden Affair” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Garden Affair

The Christmas Garden Affair (Gardening Mysteries #7)

Sex sells... even in the home garden market. And Louise Eldridge, with her ratings fading faster than the last rose of summer, finds her once-popular PBS show upstaged by the output of one Bunny Bainfield. With her barely-there outfits, the bodacious Bunny makes pruning, mulching, and planting into an erotic adventure, and her highly successful "Bunny in the Garden" label ...more
Published October 1st 2003 by Kensington (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Garden Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Garden Affair

Helen
From medieval anchoresses to modern American gardeners. Well, a piece of seasonal not quite fluff should be fine.
Louise Eldridge, the host of a PBS show Gardening With Nature is invited to a party and conference put on by the American President-elect's wife who is hoping to set up some sort of "encourage the use of native plants in people's garden" thing. Since it is put on hold by the end of the book I'm not really sure what Maud Anderson was supposed to have had in mind specifically, but it pr
Rob Smith
Dec 15, 2013 Rob Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
A standard mystery that probably goes a bit far describing the garden business. Certainly overblowing it's importance. Though it needs to balance the book.

The writing is fine. Wish there were more descriptions of the setting of scenes. Also, though the characters were well defined, somehow I was getting confused as to who was who. It could be that my not being a fan of landscaping had me a bit detached.

I read this because there is an indication by the title and the cover that Christmas was someh
Julie Barrett
Oct 22, 2014 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Garden Affair by Anne Rigley
Love the holiday and gardening and thought this would be a good read.
Louise and 47 others have been invited to visit with the first lady at the annual Christmas Garden Party. Bonnie Banfield was also invited-a rival that is trying to take over her PBS show from her.
Bonnie talks to her audience in a sexual demeanor and dresses with very few clothes on and that is causing her ratings to go sky high. Louise is losing her ratings...
There are many others who
Cheryl
Dec 30, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was ok
Ergh. I wanted to read a cozy after finishing Stephen King's latest. Don't get me wrong, I loved the King, but it was very dark, like darker than usual for him, and quite depressing and hopeless. When I finish a book like that, I need the comfort of a cozy mystery. Some people use chick lit as an antidote, I use cozies as they are fun, and still have a dark under current. On top this a Christmas mystery, that I thought would add to the fun factor. Christmas was simply the background to the story ...more
Grey853
Nov 19, 2009 Grey853 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery, cozy, holiday
This is the third book I've tried to read by this author. I finished this one, but barely. I find it tedious and annoying when a writer changes point of view with every chapter and in some cases even within the chapter. It's very hard to care about the main character when the story is all over the place and there are ten or more characters to follow.

Plus, the story was very predictable. So, for me this was not a good read.
Sherri
Dec 09, 2007 Sherri rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed
I really liked this book alot! I love to garden so this mystery was right up my alley! It is mainly set in Alexandria, VA where there is going to be a major gardening convention and dinner planned by the first lady elect. Everything is going along fine until someone ends up dead! Read the rest to find out how it ends. I would definitely recommend this book.
Sarah "Kat"
Dec 16, 2012 Sarah "Kat" rated it did not like it
Read half and was done. A bit predictable and didn't care for the plot. Read the last pages to see who did it.
Maryellen
Dec 10, 2013 Maryellen rated it liked it
Not much of a Christmas theme here but the gathering of garden elite made for an enjoyable mystery.
Candida
Dec 18, 2008 Candida rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This was a nice mystery but there were so many characters it was hard to keep track of. It was also a little easy to predict.
Shawna
Dec 31, 2009 Shawna rated it really liked it
I normally don't read a lot of murder mysteries, but I found this book interesting. The "who done it" was truly kept until the last chapter. It was fun to read
Joyce Schwarz
Joyce Schwarz rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2009
Bev
Bev rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Heather Mathie
Heather Mathie rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Terri
Terri rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2009
Mommalibrarian
Mommalibrarian rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2007
Roxanne Thomas
Roxanne Thomas rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2008
Melanie Garcia
Melanie Garcia rated it liked it
May 03, 2008
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2012
gillian c. young
gillian c. young rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2009
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Barbra
Barbra rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2008
Maryann
Maryann rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2010
Caren
Caren rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Pat
Feb 05, 2016 Pat rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Good quick read of a mystery. Enjoy the series.
Jena Swank
Jena Swank rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it it was ok
Nov 17, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A former newspaperwoman, Ann Ripley now spends her time organic-gardening and writing mysteries. She lives with her husband, Tony, in Lyons, Colorado. Her first novel, Mulch, won the Top Hand Award from the Colorado Authors' League. She is now at work on her fifth gardening mystery.
More about Ann Ripley...

Gardening Mysteries (10 books)
  • Mulch