Decoding The Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Expert Guide to the Facts Behind the Fiction

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Available four weeks after Brown’s The Lost Symbol hits the market, Simon Cox, author of Cracking the Da Vinci Code and Illuminating Angels and Demons , offers the definitive—and first—guide to the eagerly awaited follow-up to The Da Vinci Code , featuring Robert Langdon. .

Dan Brown and his phenomenally bestselling books often send readers sea...more
Published November 3rd 2009 by Touchstone (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Decoding The Lost Symbol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Decoding The Lost Symbol

Audrey
I am an absolute fanatic when it comes to "mysteries" and Freemasons and alchemy and that sort of thing. One of the greatest classes I took in college was called "Alchemy and Transformation of Self." So, when reading the Lost Symbol, I wanted more facts, was literally thirsting for more facts. I knew a little bit about most of the things Dan Brown was talking about in his extensively researched novel, but I just needed more.

Simon Cox has given us that. In his well-organized Lost Symbol reference...more
Ellen Christian
Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol is the follow up book to The Davinci Code. It involves a lost symbol found on our nation's capital that turns out to be a mysterious inviation. Decoding the Lost Symbol by Simon Cox decodes the references to people, places and things in Dan Brown's book, The Lost Symbol. It is THE guide to all the mysterious references in The Lost Symbol.

Not only is Decoding the Lost Symbol a guide for those who read The Lost Symbol, it's a guide to secret societies, forgotten history...more
Julia Dudek
Simon Cox's Decoding the Lost Symbol is the perfect resource to round out the historical knowledge presented in Dan Brown's newest release, and bestselling thriller, The Lost Symbol.

What Brown covers in his fast-paced narrative in breadth—Freemasonry, alchemy, Noetic Science, and symbolism scattered around our nation’s capital, among other themes—Cox covers the depth, filling in the holes and dissecting even the lesser referenced subjects in The Lost Symbol. And more important to the value of t...more
Freda mans
While this book had so many great facts and information that was quite interesting and new to me, it still feel flat for holding my attention.
I suppose only seeing the movies, and not actually reading the Dan Brown books, may have something to do with it. I will say it makes me want to read them more now than ever.
I did learn quite a few cool things from this book, if they are indeed valid. The thing with that, is you really just never know unless you research it yourself. None of the subject ma...more
Carolin
Fakt: 1991. aastal lukustati Luure Keskagentuuri direktori seifi üks dokument. Vabamüürlased, Nähtamatu kolledž, Smithsoni instituudi tugikeskus, Noeetikainstituut.
Valge maja Washingtonis 1733 Loode Kuueteistkümnendal tänaval oli koopa kristluse-eelsest templist - kuningas Mausoluse templist, algsest mauseleumist... paigast, kuhu viiakse pärast surma. Pühendatav liitus salajase organisatsiooniga omakasupüüdlikuse eesmärgiga.

1.peatükk
Robert Langton nägi unes Oteni liftil, mis tõusis mööda Eiffel...more
Morris
Dan Brown researches his novels featuring Robert Langdon extensively. Simon Cox provides us with a detailed support manual for this research. Similar to Cox's Cracking the Da Vinci Code, there is a lot of information to be digested here. The book is organized alphabetically, which works well when you are referring back for a certain bit of info, but does make it a bit hard to read without having a specific destination in mind.

I learned quite a bit from reading this. The Smithsonian Museum Suppor...more
Steve
It was nice to learn that the Dan Brown used a lot of authentic topics in his novel and this guide book by Simon Cox provides good background of the objects and topics discussed by Dan Brown in the Lost Symbol.
Denys Patricia
Denys Patricia marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Suhonen
Suhonen marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Monica Garcia
Monica Garcia marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Anissa
Anissa marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Rahul Saxena
Rahul Saxena marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Louise Christensen
Louise Christensen marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cracking the Da Vinci Code: The Unauthorized Guide to the Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel The Dan Brown Companion Illuminating Angels & Demons: The Unauthorized Guide to the Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel Economics: Making Sense of the Modern Economy An A to Z of the Occult