Start by marking “I Love My Smith and Wesson: A Novel” as Want to Read:
I Love My Smith and Wesson: A Novel

I Love My Smith and Wesson: A Novel

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Manchester, England. Death stalks these streets in the form of a hired killer named Rawhead--a shadowy yet powerful figure desperate to control a ruthless mob family called The Priesthood. He will stop at nothing to invade their inner sanctum.

Author Billy Dye has finally found success after years of struggle. But now Rawhead, his childhood friend turned maniacal assassin,
Published August 1st 2004 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about I Love My Smith and Wesson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love My Smith and Wesson

Judith
Speaking of Terror, here's an underworld Thriller featuring an aptly named RAWHEAD (I wondered when BLOODY BONES would make an appearance...since they are sort of gruesome twins, in Appalachian Folklore)

This tale is gruesome, violent and very Goth-ic....with a touch of Rancid Victorian Romance....and some shit about a demonic "Elemental Power"...a Spirit of Darkness..

This book has all the elements of basic LA Noir, transplanted to the squalor of Manchester, UK.....Pithy, deadpan prose, with stre
Maddy
I loved I LOVE MY SMITH AND WESSON by David Bowker. It's a seriously deranged dark comic gothic romp that had me laughing and cringing all at the same time. It's only been a few days since I finished reading the book, but I'm already experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

The book opens in Manchester, England, with Billy Dye about to marry Nikki, mother of his daughter, Maddy. He is scared to death when he gets a card from (he assumes) his childhood friend, Steve Ellis, aka "Rawhead" which implies tha
Brian
It started out strong as Rawhead, a English mob hitman returns on the eve of his best friends wedding. From there the story spreads out into Rawhead’s return back into the Manchester Gang scene and his friend Billy’s dealings with TV producers. It’s a short 227 page novel, so there isn’t much in the way of character development and the plot, such as it is doesn’t really get the resolution that I was looking for. Overall I liked the book, the author definitely has style.
Ann-katrin
Scary, uncomfortable and describing the persons in a very talented way, the story draws you in, I really liked it in all it's cruelty and monstrosity, but the ending its a little bit like the author lost his Geist and had to just get something together, the writing gets sloppy and lose momentum, pity, as that took away one star.
Barbi
This book is in the same vein as Guy Ritchie's movies. As long as you're able to find some elements of humor in the violence, it is a quick, entertaining read.
RandomAnthony
Another great Bowker book, a worthy sequel to "The Death You Deserve." I still don't get why this guy hasn't caught on in America.
Judi
Judi marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
John Keefauver
John Keefauver marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born in Manchester but now living in Cambridge, David Bowker is author of six novels, including The Secret Sexist, From Stockport with Love and, most recently, Rawhead and Rawhead in Love. He was voted 'Manchester Writer of the Year' by City Life magazine.
More about David Bowker...
How to Be Bad The Death You Deserve: A Novel The Death Prayer The Secret Sexist The Butcher Of Glastonbury