Start by marking “I Love My Smith and Wesson” as Want to Read:
I Love My Smith and Wesson

I Love My Smith and Wesson

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  90 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Manchester, England. Death stalks these streets in the form of a hired killer named Rawhead--a shadowy yet powerful figure desperate to control a ruthless mob family called The Priesthood. He will stop at nothing to invade their inner sanctum.

Author Billy Dye has finally found success after years of struggle. But now Rawhead, his childhood friend turned maniacal assassin,
Published August 1st 2004 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about I Love My Smith and Wesson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love My Smith and Wesson

Aug 23, 2013 Maddy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tops, 2004-reads
I loved I LOVE MY SMITH AND WESSON by David Bowker. It's a seriously deranged dark comic gothic romp that had me laughing and cringing all at the same time. It's only been a few days since I finished reading the book, but I'm already experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

The book opens in Manchester, England, with Billy Dye about to marry Nikki, mother of his daughter, Maddy. He is scared to death when he gets a card from (he assumes) his childhood friend, Steve Ellis, aka "Rawhead" which implies tha
Mar 06, 2014 Judith rated it really liked it
Speaking of Terror, here's an underworld Thriller featuring an aptly named RAWHEAD (I wondered when BLOODY BONES would make an appearance...since they are sort of gruesome twins, in Appalachian Folklore)

This tale is gruesome, violent and very Goth-ic....with a touch of Rancid Victorian Romance....and some shit about a demonic "Elemental Power"...a Spirit of Darkness..

This book has all the elements of basic LA Noir, transplanted to the squalor of Manchester, UK.....Pithy, deadpan prose, with stre
Jun 16, 2011 Brian rated it liked it
It started out strong as Rawhead, a English mob hitman returns on the eve of his best friends wedding. From there the story spreads out into Rawhead’s return back into the Manchester Gang scene and his friend Billy’s dealings with TV producers. It’s a short 227 page novel, so there isn’t much in the way of character development and the plot, such as it is doesn’t really get the resolution that I was looking for. Overall I liked the book, the author definitely has style.
Scary, uncomfortable and describing the persons in a very talented way, the story draws you in, I really liked it in all it's cruelty and monstrosity, but the ending its a little bit like the author lost his Geist and had to just get something together, the writing gets sloppy and lose momentum, pity, as that took away one star.
Jan 09, 2008 RandomAnthony rated it really liked it
Another great Bowker book, a worthy sequel to "The Death You Deserve." I still don't get why this guy hasn't caught on in America.
Jun 30, 2011 Barbi rated it really liked it
This book is in the same vein as Guy Ritchie's movies. As long as you're able to find some elements of humor in the violence, it is a quick, entertaining read.
Shauna Lucas
Shauna Lucas rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Ricky rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2011
Mundi rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2008
Mykie rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2013
Tom O'Connor
Tom O'Connor rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Jen rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Jason Garfield
Jason Garfield rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2013
Tomas rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2012
Jana rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2008
Shawn rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Sameer Aldwikat
Sameer Aldwikat rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Efrost rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2008
Jen rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2009
Ed Rokose
Ed Rokose rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2010
Shant rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was ok
May 20, 2013
Catherine rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2007
Tony Chaney
Tony Chaney rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2008
Charlie rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
John Aseff
John Aseff rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Mark McD
Mark McD rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2012
Emily (Em)
Emily (Em) rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in Manchester but now living in Cambridge, David Bowker is author of six novels, including The Secret Sexist, From Stockport with Love and, most recently, Rawhead and Rawhead in Love. He was voted 'Manchester Writer of the Year' by City Life magazine.
More about David Bowker...