More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34) (Harlequin Intrigue, #1150)

More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34) (43 Light Street #34)

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  8 reviews
For seven centuries Noah Fielding had kept his secret, switching identities, staying one step ahead of those who would exploit him. But a chance meeting with a woman on the run changed everything. Olivia Stapler made Noah feel emotions he'd thought long dead, made him yearn for a chance at real life. He knew taking Olivia back to his secret enclave as his wife would be dan...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34)

Mojca
Blah. One of the blandest, uneventful, and boring HQ Intrigues I've read.

The premise was great, but sadly lacking in the execution. The plot was slow and rather hole-y, the romance was rushed and without feeling, the characters one-dimensional, the danger, villains and their motivation utterly out there and completely unbelievable, and even the action scenes were snore-worthy at best.

A truly sad excuse for a story.
carolyn
Noah Fielding was more than a man. He was a man with a secret. He was born in the 14th century and was still alive. How is this possible? He was a man that could not die. People and scientists all over the world sunk loads of money into researh. One man in particular because he was dying of a rare disease and he discovered Noah's secret, therefore tried everything in his power to capture him to study and hopefully find a cure. Noah has been through almost every thing possible to man that would n...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
This synopsis for this book showed potential - a man who lives a long time and can't die - this theme always interests me but this story line didn't do it for me. I think it had too many holes in the storyline and seemed like it it was rushed with not a lot of thought put into it. Too much was happening to dear old Noah Fielding and his lady Oliver Stapler
Shannon Renee
It was ok. It was based on a highlander sort of character, a man who cannot die. It was very hard to push through the start, the middle picked up drastically and the ending was, eh, predictable. I like this series, and I liked Noah as a character. I just didn't like Olivia.
Darcy
I had to give up this book after 30 pages. Just couldn't get into it and really didn't care about the characters. Wasn't even interested enough to keep reading to find out why Noah couldn't die. I love this authors other books, but was disappointed with this one.
elstaffe
Almost so bad it was good, but ultimately so bad it was bad. Moments of unintentional hilarity were what kept me going, but I don't think this author/her writing style is for me.
Luna_moth
OMG! I just finished this book and WOW! I cannot believe it! I just can't wait to get my hands on the other 31 books in the series.. not to mention her other books!
JoAnn Ainsworth
Great start, but then the story was told and not shown so that the intensity was missing even though the story line called for it.
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Valorie
Valorie marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Claire Sayan
Claire Sayan marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Camy
Camy marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack...more
More about Rebecca York...
Killing Moon (Moon, #1) Witching Moon (Moon, #3) Edge of the Moon (Moon, #2) Crimson Moon (Moon, #4) New Moon (Moon, #6)