Start by marking “More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34) (Harlequin Intrigue, #1150)” as Want to Read:
More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34) (Harlequin Intrigue, #1150)

More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34) (43 Light Street #32)

For seven centuries Noah Fielding had kept his secret, switching identities, staying one step ahead of those who would exploit him. But a chance meeting with a woman on the run changed everything. Olivia Stapler made Noah feel emotions he'd thought long dead, made him yearn for a chance at real life. He knew taking Olivia back to his secret enclave as his wife would be dan ...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than a Man (43 Light Street, #34)

Mojca
Aug 04, 2009 Mojca rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: absolutely no one
Blah. One of the blandest, uneventful, and boring HQ Intrigues I've read.

The premise was great, but sadly lacking in the execution. The plot was slow and rather hole-y, the romance was rushed and without feeling, the characters one-dimensional, the danger, villains and their motivation utterly out there and completely unbelievable, and even the action scenes were snore-worthy at best.

A truly sad excuse for a story.
carolyn
May 19, 2010 carolyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Noah Fielding was more than a man. He was a man with a secret. He was born in the 14th century and was still alive. How is this possible? He was a man that could not die. People and scientists all over the world sunk loads of money into researh. One man in particular because he was dying of a rare disease and he discovered Noah's secret, therefore tried everything in his power to capture him to study and hopefully find a cure. Noah has been through almost every thing possible to man that would n ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
This synopsis for this book showed potential - a man who lives a long time and can't die - this theme always interests me but this story line didn't do it for me. I think it had too many holes in the storyline and seemed like it it was rushed with not a lot of thought put into it. Too much was happening to dear old Noah Fielding and his lady Oliver Stapler
Shannon Renee
May 21, 2010 Shannon Renee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: intrigue
It was ok. It was based on a highlander sort of character, a man who cannot die. It was very hard to push through the start, the middle picked up drastically and the ending was, eh, predictable. I like this series, and I liked Noah as a character. I just didn't like Olivia.
Darcy
Oct 01, 2009 Darcy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, pnr
I had to give up this book after 30 pages. Just couldn't get into it and really didn't care about the characters. Wasn't even interested enough to keep reading to find out why Noah couldn't die. I love this authors other books, but was disappointed with this one.
Luna_moth
Sep 02, 2009 Luna_moth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! I just finished this book and WOW! I cannot believe it! I just can't wait to get my hands on the other 31 books in the series.. not to mention her other books!
elstaffe
Almost so bad it was good, but ultimately so bad it was bad. Moments of unintentional hilarity were what kept me going, but I don't think this author/her writing style is for me.
JoAnn Ainsworth
Great start, but then the story was told and not shown so that the intensity was missing even though the story line called for it.
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Cathy Beckett
Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
May 05, 2012
Sue Budd
Sue Budd rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2013
Toni
Toni rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Tracey
Tracey rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2012
Nor Izzati
Nor Izzati rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Jeri
Jeri rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Amber Carpenter
Amber Carpenter rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Stefanie
Stefanie rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2009
Heather L
Heather L rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2009
D.L.
D.L. rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2011
Jayzel Javier
Jayzel Javier rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Bailey Schonenberger
Bailey Schonenberger rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Lori Crawford
Lori Crawford rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Carol Weldon
Carol Weldon rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Jana Oliver
Jana Oliver rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2014
Colleenkrohn
Colleenkrohn rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2010
Holly Gemes
Holly Gemes rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Amber Long
Amber Long rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2011
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack
More about Rebecca York...

43 Light Street (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Life Line (43 Light Street, #1)
  • Shattered Vows (43 Light Street, #2)
  • Whispers in the Night (43 Light Street, #3)
  • Only Skin Deep (43 Light Street, #4)
  • Trial by Fire (43 Light Street, #5)
  • Hopscotch (43 Light Street, #6)
  • Cradle and All (43 Light Street #7)
  • What Child is This? (43 Light Street #8)
  • Midnight Kiss (43 Light Street #9)
  • Tangled Vows (43 Light Street, #10)