Start by marking “The Harem Boy” as Want to Read:
The Harem Boy

The Harem Boy (Gods and Chaos 0.5)

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  8 reviews
It's been years since Master Ophir was Hector's boy, but he's never stopped loving his old Master. Chris used to be a student at the University where Ophir teaches, but since his parents threw him out of their house and stopped paying his tuition, he can only pretend to belong. When Ophir finds out that Chris has lost everything, he offers the boy a place to stay for the w ...more
Published June 2009 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about The Harem Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Harem Boy

Benjamin
Ophir lectures at the university, although he does not need the job, he has private means and lives very comfortably, including enjoying the services of eager young slave boys. When Ophir encounters a mystery student in his classes, a student not on his role, Ophir's interest is aroused, the beautiful boy seems lost, he learns that the boy came out to his parents, but as a result they threw him out and withdrew financing his education.

Against his better judgement Ophir take the boy, Chris, home,
Serena Yates
I read this one out of curiosity to find out more about some of the characters of the Chaos Magic series (which I liked).

"Slave boy" stories generally aren't my thing, though, and this one proved no exception. It was a good story with interesting background information, so it satisfied my curiosity about the characters. I couldn't quite connect with them, but would recommend the story to anyone who doesn't have these issues.
Jason Huffman-black
This is a short story from the Chaos Magic series which explores the beginnings of Chris and Ophir. It gave a new prospective on Ophir and made him more attractive to me.
Ayanna
It's interesting because it's like a look into the past. It's really old-school BDSM fic, which kind of makes sense, given its publication date, but it's just interesting to read now, post-DOMA-defeat, post-bunches-of-states-legalizing-gay-marriage, etc.

I've even seen a political cartoon in which the creator filed homo-odic thoughts under the hall of outdated ideas. It's an interesting climate to take a look back in the past, when all the fear and paranoia was still present, even to those who ha
Cole Riann
Re-read: 11/18/2011

I enjoyed this about the same the second time around, except for one glaring difference. I can't remember all those months (years?) ago when I first read this, but for some reason I don't remember the extremely abrupt ending. In fact, it really threw me. I kept thinking... wait, did the file get cut off or something!? But no, it seems that I did indeed finish the story, and apparently either wasn't bothered by the ending the first time or wasn't impressed enough by the end to
Nene
I really liked this look into the beginnings of Chris' relationship with Ophir. A very nice addition to the series! (Be sure you read the Chaos Magic series first though, or this won't have nearly the impact for you.)
Chris
Good short kinky m/m romance about Ophir and Chris, two of the characters from the Chaos Magic series.
Eyre
I loved getting to see how Master Ophir and One's (Chris's) relationship began. Fabulous short.
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Iveta
Iveta marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Kevin L.
Kevin L. marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Shannelle
Shannelle marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Markus Benderoth
Markus Benderoth marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
ares
ares added it
Apr 20, 2015
Tristi Palmer
Tristi Palmer marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Talasilverwind
Talasilverwind marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Rider Jacobs
Rider Jacobs marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Rien
Rien marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
  • Precious Jade
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • Bound To Please
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • The Gift
  • Uneven
  • Mr. Benson: A Novel
  • Bound and Determined
  • Need You Tonight (Blue Ruin, #4)
  • Word on a Wing

Gods and Chaos (4 books)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Love Runes (Gods and Chaos, #2)
  • Personal Demons (Gods and Chaos, #3)
Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1) Love Runes (Gods and Chaos, #2) Personal Demons (Gods and Chaos, #3) Bonded (Bonded, #3) The Quality Of Mercy (Bonded, #1)