Start by marking “Beneath the Skin (Darkwing Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Skin (Darkwing Chronicles, #3)

Beneath the Skin (Darkwing Chronicles #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  492 ratings  ·  19 reviews
No one can tell that Daphne Urban is a vampire. But the government knows-and she's been recruited to spy for them. To get over a recent break-up, Daphne must throw herself into her work, joining her colleagues to chase down a ruthless enemy. Mysterious, cruel, and unstoppable, this assassin is dead-set on killing a certain presidential candidate. Now Team Darkwing has to f ...more
Published February 6th 2007 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Skin

City of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareThe Summoning by Kelley ArmstrongWicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Dude, Where's My Forehead?
189th out of 863 books — 626 voters
The Keeper by O.L. RamosVampire Academy by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadBlood Promise by Richelle Mead
Paranormal Romances
54th out of 139 books — 79 voters

More lists with this book...

Rochelle
First off, put this book down and go buy Jennifer Rardin's Jaz Parks series as it seems this series is based on Ms Rardin's series and Ms Rardin's series does it infinity better.

Second: great concept, terrible execution. The heroine's 'personality' reads like a D&D character sheet but she is even less interesting or accurate. Despite supposedly being one of the smartest people in the world, from a family world famous for treachery & cunning, heroine is easily led, and anything but intell
Yolanda Sfetsos
This one is the third in The Darkwing Chronicles, and certainly did not disappoint!

I love Daphne. She's an awesome heroine with so many flaws that she feels like a real person. It's so wonderful when the reader can get so involved in a character's life. It's cool.

Anyway, being a vampire isn't easy. Being a spy sure doesn't help. Having a mother who's full of secrets can be a total pain in the ass. And having so much temptation in the guise of a bunch of hot men, can certainly make life even more
Kathrynn
Not a romance! This book has been incorrectly labeled "paranormal romance" on the spine and it is 100% NOT a romance. If I had read the book intending it to be a fantasy/fiction, I would have reviewed it differently, but since I read it expecting a romance between a H/h, it didn't do it for me.

Daphne was a vampire and the author took large liberties with that definition here. I didn't mind the differences, but reader beware. If you are expecting a "typical" vampire read, this is not it.

Daphne h
Sonya
I liked the other two books, for the most part.

But this one. I am still kinda "Eh?" about.

I think it focused WAY too much on random sex, and her level of "horny". When the word is used so many times in the first 25 pages, I am ready to throw the book across the room, it is too much.

Really...if I wanted vampire erotica/smut/crap I would read Laurell K. Hamilton.

The parts I liked the best had nothing to do with the sex, but with the actual plot of the book.
Jill Bradley
excellent. I really hope she does some growing up soon. >.<
Joy
Mar 27, 2008 Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Urban fantasy
Another on my list of Fantastic Romance Fiction, or Urban Fantasy, I'm not sure what they're called. This on is a Female Vampire who was recruited in book #1 to be a secret agent in an government agency of nothing but vampires. Vamps working for the good of America. Corny but fun with hot sex sections. Better than the swooning women of the old 1950's romance novels. Good fun.
Bonnie
Savannah Russe has a pretty good series going with these Darkwing Chronicles. Her characterization is okay, plot moves along nicely, and basic premise believable (i.e., the logic works within the fantasy world she creates). An easy, light read fr summer.
Cindyg
I really like this series...love Daphne...love Darius but he keeps pissing me off and Fitz is great if he is a great as he comes off. This story has lots of action and some very hot action as well. Highly recommend this series.
Bridget
The female characters have more depth than the male, or this would be even better. I like the complicated story lines and Daphne has more vulnerability that I expected. Good story.
Andrea
I liked this book and reconmend it for an interesting read though be warned there is some very explicit scenes and since that doesn't bother me in the least I give my seal of approval!
Zoe
Another great addition to The Darkwing series. More with a political theme then the others, but very edgy. I like how the romantic aspects played out too. Great x
Melissa
Jun 15, 2008 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Micki and April
These books just keep getting better and better. I can't wait for the 4th one!
Lori Whitwam
Lots of angst, sex and conflict, and a good plot. On to book #4.
The BookWhisperer
Vampire,Darkwing Chronicles
Teresa
Good book!!
colleen
read 05.20.07
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Rebecca Owen
Rebecca Owen marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Tarra
Tarra added it
Jan 14, 2015
Emily Burnham
Emily Burnham marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Mage
Mage marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Suzie Siddall
Suzie Siddall marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Beneath The Skin #3 1 4 Sep 17, 2009 05:34AM
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Once Bitten Twice Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #2)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)
  • The Zero Dog War (Zero Dog Missions, #1)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Angel of Chaos (Imp, #6)
  • Shotgun Sorceress (Jessie Shimmer, #2)
  • Vampire Trinity (Vampire Queen, #6)
  • M&K Tracking (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #4)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Cold Hard Secret  (Secret McQueen, #7)
  • Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon, #2)
  • A Cursed Bloodline (Weird Girls #4)
  • The Watcher  (Anna Strong Chronicles, #3)
  • Love on the Run (Nola O'Grady, #4)
  • The Shifting Price of Prey (Spellcrackers.com, #4)
Lucy Finn

Pseudonym for Savannah Russe.

LUCY FINN is a fulltime fiction writer who also owns an antique store, the Big Red Barn.

Under the pen name, Savannah Russe, she is the author of the bestselling vampire series called The Darkwing Chronicles: Beyond the Pale, Book One (June 2005), Past Redemption, Book Two (April 2006), Beneath the Skin, Book Three ( February, 2007), In the Blood (November, 2
More about Savannah Russe...

Darkwing Chronicles (5 books)
  • Beyond the Pale (Darkwing Chronicles, #1)
  • Past Redemption (Darkwing Chronicles, #2)
  • In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
Beyond the Pale (Darkwing Chronicles, #1) Past Redemption (Darkwing Chronicles, #2) In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4) Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5) Dark Nights, Dark Dreams (Sisterhood of the Sight, #1)