Feels Like the First Time (Dressed to Thrill #1) (Harlequin Blaze #492)

Feels Like the First Time (Dressed to Thrill #1) (Dressed to Thrill #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Zoe Gaston needs to unmask a mystery man for work. She also must survive her dreaded high school reunion—and the costume party that opens it. So Zoe, once voted Girl Most Likely to Die a Virgin, comes dressed as a leather-clad dominatrix... whip and all!

Her scandalous costume catches a secret lover. He seems so deliciously familiar under his disguise.... He's gotta be her...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

Dina
Apr 09, 2012 Dina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Alathea Wright
Wow, the sex scenes in this book were very, very steamy! I didn't expect HQ Blaze novels to venture into (light) bondage and stuff like that, but I should have seen it coming when I found out that the heroine wears a dominatrix costume to go to her high-school reunion party. That was all good, but the story as a whole didn't work too well for me.

My biggest problem was its "high-school vibe": all the characters in this book, from the geeky hero and the angsty heroine to the arrogant football jock...more
Mojca
Zoe Gaston had hated high-school. So why is she back in Idaho for her ten-year reunion? Well, her brother is trying to make it in the platform business and to do that he needs something exclusively tied to his product to compete with the big dogs. He's thinking of a video game and the most popular video game designer, pseudonym Gandalf the Wizard, appears to had gone to the same school as Zoe - and even used her in his first game.

Zoe's mission: go to the reunion, discover Gandalf's identity, and...more
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Steamy blindfold sex.....HOT HOT HOT!!!!!
Sia McKye
I have to be honest; I stopped reading most Harlequins some years ago. The stories had become trite and tired—outdated if you will. How many stories can you read about Tycoons, Sheiks, Millionaires, Nurses, Females too stupid to live, or surprise babies without getting bored. Where were the sassy, independent women? The hot realistic heroes that made you go, Whoa, yah baby! Realistic stories that fit today’s women? Where were the meaty stories with a sizzle?

Let me give you the reason I returned...more
Andrea
Another one that I would definitely read again! I enjoyed the characters very much. Zoe has trust and commitment issues out the wazoo, and Dex isn't your proto-typical romance hero. He's got the tall-dark-and-sizzling thing down, but he's so sweet, a grown-up pocket protector type, and you just wanna cuddle him after the really hot sex.

One thing that made me laugh really hard? (view spoiler)...more
Terri Pray
This review is for the audio version as sold by Audible.

Zoe Gaston's experience in high school had been less than pleasant, the only saving grace had been her one and only friend, fellow geek Dexter Drake. So, attending the high school reunion hadn't been on her list of things to do. At least not until her sister-in-law asks a favor of her which, sadly, involves attending that reunion.

Zoe's brother is on the verge of closing down his business, but there's a chance that someone Zoe went to school...more
Tine
A good story with a good climax and plot. The beginning a little slow but it does pick up.
Kara
Awesome, awesome book. Loved the mystery behind Dex hiding behind the mask and the sexual pull between them even though Zoe wasn't quite sure who was the sexy hunk. I love the theme of a geeky high school teen turned hot with an awesome bod. Not being among the popular crowd, I empathized with Zoe about returning to her high school reunion.

All in all, a fantastic read!! I immediately stalked Tawny's website and wrote down all her other books...she is my new autobuy.
Deava101
Steamy!!! Zoe attends her reunion for one purpose: Find Gandhalf and help her brother! The only person who she is excited to meet is her once geeky best friend Dex...But ohhh how he has changed!
Throw in a sex craved grandma and hot steamy sex scenes with a masked man and this is a great read
Lindy
It was definitely hot, but I was irritated by how clueless the heroine was, and the fact that so many issues could have been solved if the characters had just been honest with each other. Also, it seemed like a lot of the people attending the reunion were stuck in high school mode. Yuck.
Jen
It was all a bit silly really. I mean, how daft would you have to be not to recognise the guy you were having sex with?

The story played out like a bit of a theatrical high school melodrama. Wouldn't be surprised if the characters all started singing and dancing Glee style.
Debbie
Free ebook download that I started because I needed something quick, brainless, and I was in the mood for a romance. This was surprisingly entertaining and much more well-written than I would have expected for a Harlequin.
Jane O'Reilly
Maybe I'm just not the target market for this book, but I found the premise ridiculous, and the heroine sadly lacking in intelligence.
RedBecca
3.5 stars. A fun and sexy story that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Tonya
It was ok. Went kinda slow to me.
Penney
I am loving this book!!!
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Desiree Manning
Desiree Manning marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Chantell
Chantell marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
  • Santa, Baby (Dressed to Thrill, #4)
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • Highland Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #262)
  • Power Play
  • No Peeking... (Sex for Beginners, #3)
  • Bound To Please
  • She's Got It Bad (Harlequin Blaze, #464)
  • Relentless Seduction
  • Touch and Go
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Risking It All (Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • The Concubine
  • The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)
  • Bare Necessities (Harlequin Blaze, #371)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • The Braddock Boys: Brent (Braddock Boys, #2) (Love at First Bite, #5)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author Tawny Weber has been writing sassy, sexy romances since her first Harlequin Blaze hit the shelves in 2007. A fan of Johnny Depp, cupcakes and color coordination, she spends a lot of her time shopping for cute shoes, scrapbooking and hanging out on Facebook.

Come by and visit her website at www.tawnyweber.com for hunky contests, delicious recipes an...more
More about Tawny Weber...
A SEAL's Seduction (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #1) A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #2) A SEAL's Salvation (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #3) Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14) Fearless