Start by marking “A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
A Palette for Murder

Jessica Fletcher

A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote #7)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The sixth mystery in the series based on the popular TV program finds Jessica Fletcher vacationing in the Hamptons, where she enrolls in an art class in which a lovely young model suddenly turns up dead.
Published December 31st 2001 by Chivers Press (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Palette for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Palette for Murder

Laurin
Discrepancies between the show and book, J.B, not J.D.
Marie
A Palette For Murder is part of the Murder, She Wrote series. In this "episode", Jessica is invited to the Hamptons for some rest and relaxation. She plans to spend some time on her secret passion, painting, and finds an art class in the area to attend. When the nude model drops dead in class, Jessica is bothered that someone so young has died right before her eyes. She's determined to find out how this happened. This mystery will take her inside the art world where money, deception and greed mi ...more
Pat
Jessica Fletcher has come to the elegant Hamptons on Long Island's gold coast for a sinfully sweet spell in the sun and a chance to indulge her secret burning passion: painting. In this place where the arts flower and artists flock, she finds a sketching class where she can try to make her dreams of da Vinci-hood come true.
Elissa Williams
I like these Murder She Wrote books because they are an easy Murder Mystery Read. At times I found Jessica's character to not be as gracious or polite as the TV show. I also noted that the book referred to her as J D Fletcher, where the TV show she is J B....A great afternoon cozy read!
Dana
I didn't start this book expecting it to be Shakespeare, but a slow start and some clunky characters left me disappointed. I'd been hoping for some good nostalgic fun, but it just wasn't there.
Beth
I was a big fan of the "Murder She Wrote" TV series. Jessica Fletcher reminds me of a modern-day, grown-up Nancy Drew. I've read a couple of books in the series so far. In this book Jessica visits the Hamptons for a vacation where she hopes to study art incognito. Of course there is a murder, and someone steals her sketch of a nude model. She gets involved with investigating the murder and then 2 more people are murdered. The mystery is tied up with art forgery. The resolution to the murders see ...more
Chelsea
Jul 24, 2011 Chelsea rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: fiction-mystery
An excellent cozy mystery. I just love the "Murder, She Wrote" series. The mysteries are entertaining with likable characters and no gory details or brazen sex scenes.

Publisher Comments:

"Jessica Fletcher's mid-summer vacation to New York's famed Hampton beaches turns into a lesson in the art of murder. Indulging in a lifelong passion, she enrolls in an art class, but when the model they had been sketching fails to stir--the victim of a deadly poison--Jessica canvasses the area, chasing down a ki
Susan
Famed mystery writer Jessica Fletcher is vacationing in the Hamptons, nominally to visit her publisher and his wife, but actually because she wants to indulge in her new hobby, painting, in privacy. That plan goes up in smoke when the model at her first class dies of an unexpected heart attack. Jessica doesn't believe in the medical verdict, especially after she learns that a hot young artist died the same way a year before. But the third murder is definitely murder, so Jessica sets out to help ...more
Amanda Marshall
This was a fun murder mystery that completely follows the tone and suspense of the "Murder, She Wrote" television series. Growing up watching that show with my mom has given me a nostalgic feeling about the Jessica Fletcher character. I'll certainly be reading another book in this series.
Kelly
It was a very interesting and outstanding book. i loved it and I love the excitement of the mystery as it unfolds and more things happen.It was a great book, well written and mysterious.
Cindy
I did not realize ricin came from the castor oil bean. This had lots of interesting info and a very back door look at the art world.
Clare
Nice, quick read while I was out of town. Nothing special.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Bennett Hill
Bennett Hill marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Heather Aronson
Heather Aronson marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Sarah Cook
Sarah Cook marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Kassandra
Kassandra marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
The Women's Myste...: #7 A Palette for Murder 1 2 Aug 09, 2013 11:44PM
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • One Book in the Grave (A Bibliophile Mystery, #5)
  • Murder Grins and Bears It (Gertie Johnson #2)
  • Scorched Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #6)
  • Out of Circulation (Cat in the Stacks, #4)
  • Dead Roots (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #7)
  • Five Complete Hercule Poirot Novels: ABC Murders / Cards on the Table / Death on the Nile / Murder on the Orient Express / Thirteen at Dinner
  • Monument to the Dead (Museum, #4)
  • A Biscuit, a Casket (Pawsitively Organic Mystery #2)
  • The Missing Dough (Pizza Lovers, #6)
  • Paws For Murder
  • The Walled Flower (Victoria Square, #2)
Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and published by the New American Library. The author credit for the novels is shared with the fic
More about Jessica Fletcher...
Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1) Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2) A Little Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11) Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9) Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)