Beyond a Reasonable Doubt

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This edition is recommended for readers with a strong Torah background, seeking an informed, yet less secular, approach. It has been revised and expanded, containing 40 additional pages.

A penetrating, engagingly written book with compelling evidence of the truths of Judaism. With wisdom, wit, and a wide range of sources, the author presents a ground-up approach to Judaism...more
Published June 1st 2005 by Feldheim (first published 2002)

Riv
Jan 09, 2012 Riv rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those with these types of questions
Shelves: realistic, for-school
Going into this book, I was a little skeptical. I'd always been under the impression that G-d was the opposite of science. To somehow prove His existence would be to disprove it at the same time! But, of course, I was proven wrong. From the first page, the author gave clear, simple answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. How do we know that that G-d exists? How do we know His Torah is true? are among them.
The are two questions whose answers stuck out for me the most. Rabbi Waldman...more
LM Yellow
This was another book about evolution, though it was written by a rabbi for readers who
grew up religious and might not even understand what neoDawinsim is. For much of the
book I felt like he was explaining things to a two year old. More than once he wrote up
conversations with a make believe alien where the reader is supposedly explaining the
world to the alien using big bang and evolutionary jargon and the alien's questions are
somehow shedding light on the insanity of those theories. Towards...more
Sam
Feb 06, 2012 Sam rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sam by: Women's group
Read until page 260. Was supposed to read it for a class. The beginning seemed promising but the book just didn't do anything for me. I really just didn't want to read anymore. I usually really love this type of book but I found this one boring and repetitive.
Linda
written in an infantile manner and very selective with proofs presented (naturally).
easily refuted, and I'm no professor.
Kressel Housman
I might as well face facts. I'm not going to finish this one. It's just not grabbing me.
Jacob Rayt
Jacob Rayt marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Dalit
Dalit marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Rebecca Wright
Rebecca Wright marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2011
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2008
Garrett
Garrett marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2008