Start by marking “Jesus Calling: A 365-Day Journaling Devotional” as Want to Read:
Jesus Calling: A 365-Day Journaling Devotional

Jesus Calling: A 365-Day Journaling Devotional

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  24 reviews
"Jesus Calling" is a devotional and journal in one, filled with uniquely inspired treasures from heaven for every day of the year.

After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to "listen" to God with pen in hand, writing down whatever she believed He was saying to her. It was awkward at first, but gradually her journaling changed from mo
Published March 2nd 2010 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Jesus Calling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus Calling

Naomi
This isn't exactly a book that I'd just sit down and read from cover to cover. I actually use this when I'm having a bad day. I simply open the book up randomly and 9 times out of 10, I find exactly what I needed on that page. I used this book a lot last year, especially when I finally decided to leave my new job I'd only been at for nine months.

(Long story short, it was not what I thought it would be and I was doing at least three other coworkers' jobs due to their laziness. I was run ragged e
Gail Welborn

Jesus Calling, a 365-day Journaling Devotional, by Sarah Young, Thomas Nelson, 2010, Hardcover, 400 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-1404187856, $16.99

Sarah found truth and a greater intimacy with God while she studied with L’Abri, a Christian community in a “tiny” French village in the Alps. There, surrounded by God’s magnificent creation, Sarah opened “…her heart…” to her Lord and Creator in the “…panorama of unbroken beauty…” around her.

It was there she first uttered the words, “sweet Jesus,” an involunt
Rose Fairbaugh
This is a daily devotional book. I read it daily and find great comfort in the words written and the bible references that back up the reading. The daily devotion helps me get off to a great start in recognizing the day and the good things to come from that day only, never fretting about yesterday, just learning and moving on. As for tomorrow? I may have dreams, biut they can only be realized if I do what is best today without worries, and work on tomorrow tomorrow.
The morning prayers are a gre
Margo Berendsen
This book literally changed my life. I can't recommend it highly enough. It took me quite a while to get used to the format, but the insights kept drawing me back and the beauty. Oh, the beauty.
Dawn
This is the first time I've read a daily devotional from January 1 to December 31. Jesus Calling was a relatively easy, encouraging read, and it positively impacted my daily walk with Jesus.
Laura Reaux
This devotional is so encouraging and always speaks to me right where I am in life. I am reading it through for the third year. God's word never gets old.
Beth
Love, love, love this devotion given to me as a gift from a dear friend! Highly recommend in fact have given it as a gift numerous times.
Charlean Croxton
An excellent way to start your day. The daily devotional feels like God is speaking directly to me. One of the best I've every read.
Mary
i love it!Jesus is awesoeme and powerful!I ove how you can write in it!I use it!
Michelle
Used these with my teaching staff and loved it.
Melissa Cannon
My friend bought this for me knowing my love of journaling. I've been through it more than once adding comments dating with years. I may have to buy another copy soon! Everyday it felt like that devotion was written specifically for me. My friends and I would send messages as we saw meaning in each other's lives. I have bought this devotional many times for people I know and it is always the same response!
Sister
Aug 06, 2015 Sister added it
I just keep reading this book, every morning. It is the best way to get my days started.
Lisa
This book was given to me by a friend. I have never stayed with a devotional book as long as I have this one. I received the copy that has space to journal. This has been very useful. I do not journal every day, but many days devotions are relevant to what I am going through either spiritually or within life and it is good to write my thoughts for that day. It often seems that Ms. Young has been inside my head. Awesome book that I would recommend to anyone.
Maria M. Elmvang
I like the idea of a daily devotional with space for private notes, but after awhile the devotionals just got too repetitive for me. I think I've read about two thirds of it, but I'm going to call it done. I may return to it later, but haven't quite decided whether or not I'll fill out the rest of the entries.
Arlette Anderson
This is a daily devotional written as God speaking with you daily. As I kept my daily private time with my Father, I found each day's topic encouraging and timely. God inspired is how I label Sarah Young's work. This book is definitely a lifetime treasure. Those I've gifted it to have agreed.
Jeri Baker pierce
I LOVE THIS Book.. I use it daily i am on my 2nd year. There is scripture as well and Like always each time you read Gods word it speaks different to your spirit. I use it as a journal, I write the year and what it means to me.
Jennie
This daily devotional book was given to me as a Door Prize at a ladies group meeting in March. I'm ministered to every time I read a day's reading. Love it and definitely recommend it to everyone, no exception....
Cindy
Fabulous journaling Devotional... Love starting my day with this devotional.
Lesa
Very inspirational to me. I will continue to read it everyday, every year.
Lori
Great Devotional - short and provides scriptures for reflecting.
Sandra Hurlbert
Daily Devotionals written with Bible scripture as the base.
Lisa Nelson
I read and then read it again. loved it.
Susan
wonderful devotional!!!
Sarah Schuster
Sarah Schuster is currently reading it
Y Spencer
Y Spencer marked it as to-read
Heather Krehbiel
Heather Krehbiel marked it as to-read
Sherry Sevage
Sherry Sevage marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
  • Bright Evening Star: Mystery of the Incarnation
  • The 11 Karmic Spaces: Choosing Freedom from the Patterns That Bind You
  • Secrets of a Prayer Warrior
  • A Sacred Sorrow: Reaching Out to God in the Lost Language of Lament
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • Once Upon a Time: Discovering Our Forever After Story
  • Through the Eyes of a Lion: Facing Impossible Pain, Finding Incredible Power
  • Gideon: Your weakness. God's strength: Member Book
  • Creative Counterpart: Becoming the Woman, Wife, and Mother You've Longed to Be
  • Voices of the Faithful

Sarah Young is quietly leading millions of men and women worldwide on a journey of intimacy with Christ. Sarah and her husband have traveled around the world planting churches and counseling. They currently are ministering to a Japanese-speaking community in Australia.

Learn more at www.facebook.com/jesuscalling
More about Sarah Young...
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence Jesus Calling Kids: 365 Devotions for Kids Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence Dear Jesus: Seeking His Life in Your Life Jesus Lives: Seeing His Love in Your Life

“LET MY LOVE ENFOLD YOU in the radiance of My Glory. Sit still in the Light of My Presence, and receive My Peace. These quiet moments with Me transcend time, accomplishing far more than you can imagine. Bring Me the sacrifice of your time, and watch to see how abundantly I bless you and your loved ones. Through the intimacy of our relationship, you are being transformed from the inside out. As you keep your focus on Me, I form you into the one I desire you to be. Your part is to yield to My creative work in you, neither resisting it nor trying to speed it up. Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting Me set the pace. Hold My hand in childlike trust, and the way before you will open up step by step. HEBREWS 13:15; 2 CORINTHIANS 3:18; PSALM 73:23–24” 3 likes
“MY PEACE is the treasure of treasures: the pearl of great price. It is an exquisitely costly gift, both for the Giver and the receiver. I purchased this Peace for you with My blood. You receive this gift by trusting Me in the midst of life’s storms. If you have the world’s peace—everything going your way—you don’t seek My unfathomable Peace. Thank Me when things do not go your way, because spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials. Adverse circumstances are normal in a fallen world. Expect them each day. Rejoice in the face of hardship, for I have overcome the world. MATTHEW 13:46 NKJV; JAMES 1:2; JOHN 16:33” 3 likes