Start by marking “Jesus Calling: A 365 Day Journaling Devotional” as Want to Read:
Jesus Calling: A 365 Day Journaling Devotional

Jesus Calling: A 365 Day Journaling Devotional

Jesus Calling is a devotional and journal in one, filled with uniquely inspired treasures from heaven for every day of the year. After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to "listen" to God with pen in hand, writing down whatever she believed He was saying to her. It was awkward at first, but gradually her journaling changed from mon ...more
Published February 28th 2010 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2008)

Laura Reaux
Mar 12, 2013 Laura Reaux rated it it was amazing
This devotional is so encouraging and always speaks to me right where I am in life. I am reading it through for the third year. God's word never gets old.
Gail Welborn
Jan 07, 2012 Gail Welborn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews

Jesus Calling, a 365-day Journaling Devotional, by Sarah Young, Thomas Nelson, 2010, Hardcover, 400 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-1404187856, $16.99

Sarah found truth and a greater intimacy with God while she studied with L’Abri, a Christian community in a “tiny” French village in the Alps. There, surrounded by God’s magnificent creation, Sarah opened “…her heart…” to her Lord and Creator in the “…panorama of unbroken beauty…” around her.

It was there she first uttered the words, “sweet Jesus,” an involunt
Rose Fairbaugh
Mar 30, 2012 Rose Fairbaugh rated it it was amazing
This is a daily devotional book. I read it daily and find great comfort in the words written and the bible references that back up the reading. The daily devotion helps me get off to a great start in recognizing the day and the good things to come from that day only, never fretting about yesterday, just learning and moving on. As for tomorrow? I may have dreams, biut they can only be realized if I do what is best today without worries, and work on tomorrow tomorrow.
The morning prayers are a gre
Dawn
Aug 02, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
This is the first time I've read a daily devotional from January 1 to December 31. Jesus Calling was a relatively easy, encouraging read, and it positively impacted my daily walk with Jesus.
Beth
Mar 08, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
Love, love, love this devotion given to me as a gift from a dear friend! Highly recommend in fact have given it as a gift numerous times.
Margo Berendsen
This book literally changed my life. I can't recommend it highly enough. It took me quite a while to get used to the format, but the insights kept drawing me back and the beauty. Oh, the beauty.
Michelle
Jul 01, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Used these with my teaching staff and loved it.
Mary
Jan 21, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
i love it!Jesus is awesoeme and powerful!I ove how you can write in it!I use it!
Charlean Croxton
An excellent way to start your day. The daily devotional feels like God is speaking directly to me. One of the best I've every read.
Wen Labrum
Dec 31, 2016 Wen Labrum rated it it was amazing
I read this every year. I never tire of hearing Jesus in my ear.
Lisa
Aug 20, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by a friend. I have never stayed with a devotional book as long as I have this one. I received the copy that has space to journal. This has been very useful. I do not journal every day, but many days devotions are relevant to what I am going through either spiritually or within life and it is good to write my thoughts for that day. It often seems that Ms. Young has been inside my head. Awesome book that I would recommend to anyone.
Melissa Cannon
Jul 19, 2014 Melissa Cannon rated it it was amazing
My friend bought this for me knowing my love of journaling. I've been through it more than once adding comments dating with years. I may have to buy another copy soon! Everyday it felt like that devotion was written specifically for me. My friends and I would send messages as we saw meaning in each other's lives. I have bought this devotional many times for people I know and it is always the same response!
Maria Elmvang
I like the idea of a daily devotional with space for private notes, but after awhile the devotionals just got too repetitive for me. I think I've read about two thirds of it, but I'm going to call it done. I may return to it later, but haven't quite decided whether or not I'll fill out the rest of the entries.
Jennie
Jul 13, 2012 Jennie rated it it was amazing
This daily devotional book was given to me as a Door Prize at a ladies group meeting in March. I'm ministered to every time I read a day's reading. Love it and definitely recommend it to everyone, no exception....
Jacquelin
May 06, 2015 Jacquelin rated it it was amazing
A wonderful way to start my day for a year, in fact, I like it so much, I'm going to do it again. Making the morning commitment using a combination of devotion, Bible passage and journaling changes the way I approach my day.
Arlette Anderson
May 07, 2013 Arlette Anderson rated it it was amazing
This is a daily devotional written as God speaking with you daily. As I kept my daily private time with my Father, I found each day's topic encouraging and timely. God inspired is how I label Sarah Young's work. This book is definitely a lifetime treasure. Those I've gifted it to have agreed.
Jeri Baker pierce
Jul 08, 2013 Jeri Baker pierce rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS Book.. I use it daily i am on my 2nd year. There is scripture as well and Like always each time you read Gods word it speaks different to your spirit. I use it as a journal, I write the year and what it means to me.
Lisa Nelson
Aug 18, 2012 Lisa Nelson rated it it was amazing
I read and then read it again. loved it.
Tari
Dec 31, 2015 Tari rated it it was amazing
An amazing book. I'm going back to the beginning and start it again. It really feels like Jesus is talking to you.
Tammy
Apr 21, 2014 Brendan rated it really liked it
Very good.
Sister
Aug 06, 2015 Sister added it
I just keep reading this book, every morning. It is the best way to get my days started.
Sandra Hurlbert
May 17, 2011 Sandra Hurlbert rated it really liked it
Daily Devotionals written with Bible scripture as the base.
Lori
Jan 12, 2011 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Devotional - short and provides scriptures for reflecting.
Lesa
Nov 21, 2013 Lesa rated it it was amazing
Very inspirational to me. I will continue to read it everyday, every year.
Cindy
Jan 04, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Fabulous journaling Devotional... Love starting my day with this devotional.
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2015
Melissa Gill
Melissa Gill rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Clarissah
Clarissah rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
  • Gripped by the Greatness of God
  • Looking Up When Life is Looking Down
  • Bright Evening Star: Mystery of the Incarnation
  • A Sacred Sorrow: Reaching Out to God in the Lost Language of Lament
  • Creative Counterpart: Becoming the Woman, Wife, and Mother You've Longed to Be
  • The Dysfunctional Relationship Manual: A Checklist and Workbook
  • The 11 Karmic Spaces: Choosing Freedom from the Patterns That Bind You
  • Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • Once Upon a Time: Discovering Our Forever After Story
  • Secrets of a Prayer Warrior
  • The Power of a Praying® Wife Book of Prayers (Power of a Praying Book of Prayers)
  • Gideon: Your weakness. God's strength: Member Book

Sarah Young’s devotional writings are personal reflections from her daily quiet time of Bible reading, praying, and writing in prayer journals.

With sales of more than 16 million books worldwide, Jesus Calling® has appeared on all major bestseller lists. Sarah’s writings include Jesus Calling®, Jesus Today™, Je
More about Sarah Young...

“MY PEACE is the treasure of treasures: the pearl of great price. It is an exquisitely costly gift, both for the Giver and the receiver. I purchased this Peace for you with My blood. You receive this gift by trusting Me in the midst of life’s storms. If you have the world’s peace—everything going your way—you don’t seek My unfathomable Peace. Thank Me when things do not go your way, because spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials. Adverse circumstances are normal in a fallen world. Expect them each day. Rejoice in the face of hardship, for I have overcome the world. MATTHEW 13:46 NKJV; JAMES 1:2; JOHN 16:33” 5 likes
“JANUARY 26 GIVE UP THE ILLUSION that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope! As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble. Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven. Instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world, pour your energy into seeking Me: the Perfect One. It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Me in the midst of adverse circumstances. In fact, My Light shines most brightly through believers who trust Me in the dark. That kind of trust is supernatural: a production of My indwelling Spirit. When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway. I am much less interested in right circumstances than in right responses to whatever comes your way. JOHN 16:33; PSALM 112:4,” 3 likes