Start by marking “Deep Black (Nick Stone, #7)” as Want to Read:
Deep Black (Nick Stone, #7)

Deep Black (Nick Stone #7)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,161 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
This unforgettable story proves Andy McNab is, yet again, the master of the modern thriller.

Nick Stone’s future has never looked so bleak. The only person he’s ever loved is dead. The only people who might give him a reason not to join her have turned their backs. Until a chance encounter with a man whose life he saved ten years ago.

A simple quest in Baghdad takes Stone i
Published July 4th 2005 by Corgi (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Black

Graham
Oct 15, 2012 Graham rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
Or Nick Stone: The Dishwater Edition. This Andy McNab book follows the same downward spiral as the last few books in the series, an overly-padded and way too slow-paced would-be thriller that offers anything but thrills. The thriller aspects of the story make up around a third of the pages and the rest is just padding involving the main characters sitting around or wandering around aimlessly.

McNab misses the fact that thrillers need to be pacy and suspenseful even when there isn't shooting going
Daniel Bratell
Jun 19, 2012 Daniel Bratell rated it liked it
Kelanth
"Nome in codice Dark Winter" in originale "Dark Winter" è un libro del 2003, romanzo di azione/spionistico di Andy McNab, che è uno scrittore e militare britannico, pseudonimo dietro il quale si nasconde un ex-sergente dello Special Air Service (i corpi speciali dell'esercito britannico), noto al grande pubblico come autore di romanzi di spionaggio. Questo romanzo è del 1997, e fa appunto parte della serie "Nick Stone": in particolare questo è il secondo romanzo della serie.

L'autore è anche un s
Helen
Sep 01, 2012 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, and I'm going to tell you why. I absolutely believe, without a doubt, that Andy McNab, if that is his real name, has done every single thing he writes about in his books. I am sure he has hunkered down in a hidey hole for days, waiting for a target to show up so that he can call in an airstrike; I am sure he has witnessed atrocities in Bosnia; I am sure he has operated against insurgents in Iraq; I am certain he has killed adversaries in hand to hand combat; and I believe he h ...more
Kristina Chalmain
Jul 08, 2014 Kristina Chalmain rated it really liked it
McNab is simply the best action-thriller writer there is! Having read all previous installments in the Nick Stone series, you could say there are some familiar traits in this book, but when it is so well executed, I don't mind at all. Because the suspense and tradecraft is still outstanding - prepare for nailbiting and sleeplessness!
John Cheeseman
Jan 04, 2016 John Cheeseman rated it really liked it
I was hoping for a blood soaked revenge apocalypse after the events of the previous book but it started with Nick Stone depressed and unable to cope. The story soon got going though and it was a great tense ride through Iraq and Bosnia.
Lis
Jan 04, 2016 Lis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-books
Semplicemente...McNab. Quindi pochi fronzoli, azione, realismo, un po' di umorismo, un linguaggio crudo e un protagonista che non è il solito eroe indistruttibile e perfetto.
Chris Harrison
Sep 02, 2011 Chris Harrison rated it it was amazing
Another good back in the Nick Stone series, pretty brutal descriptions at the start of what happens to the female captives and also throughout the book when he talks about the uzbekistans boiling captives until their skin peeled and the bit in the cave when the sister of one of Stones accomplaces is sent in (doped and after being raped) to their cave hideout with bombs strapped to her, makes you think what you would do in their situation. Once again though I felt the finale was maybe a little ru ...more
Claude
Aug 18, 2014 Claude rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Not as good as the others.
Anders
Jan 21, 2014 Anders rated it did not like it
Very disappointed, especially with the ending. The book had a slow start and compared to McNab's previous books I thought this one had very little action in it.
Richard
May 12, 2013 Richard rated it liked it
Not the best in the series, a lot of what seems like padding out. This time around, following the events of book 6, Nick Stone's attitude is perhaps reasonable. Hopefully snaps out of it in book 8!
Jim Whitefield
Jun 29, 2012 Jim Whitefield rated it it was amazing
No. 7 in the 'Nick Stone' series and as brilliant as ever. That's all there is to say really. Just read McNab's books starting at no. 1 and enjoy the ride.
Brian
Jun 03, 2012 Brian rated it did not like it
I know that the Nick Stone series isn't all about action-packed adventure. But this is just bad. The most boring book of the series to this point.
Paul Callender
Nov 19, 2014 Paul Callender rated it liked it
Took me a while to get into this book. It didn't hook me in like the previous Nick Stone books. A good read with great twists.
Grace
Mar 28, 2012 Grace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-read
This book was ok. I have read better books in the Nick Stone series and I have read worse.
David
Jun 09, 2010 David rated it it was amazing
Loved it, everything of Andy McNab that I have been able to read so far has just been a privilege.
Mark
Aug 06, 2009 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: andy-mcnab
Very good, ended suddenly but a good read indeed. One of the better Nick Stones...
Andy
Nov 03, 2014 Andy rated it really liked it
Shelves: andy-mcnab
better than previous book in series. although end felt like it was cut short.
Paul
Dec 28, 2013 Paul rated it it was amazing
A good book. I am enjoying the different "things" Nick Stone gets into.
Peter
Sep 30, 2013 Peter rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok, it had a lot of padding.
Ken
Sep 12, 2009 Ken is currently reading it
brill up to now,
Mike Philpott
Mar 15, 2013 Mike Philpott rated it really liked it
great book
Kenzie
Kenzie rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Rebecca Cafe
Rebecca Cafe rated it really liked it
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
James Hammock
James Hammock marked it as to-read
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Douglas
Douglas rated it really liked it
Karen Gibb
Karen Gibb rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
  • The Increment (Matt Browning, #2)
  • The Operative (Stratton, #3)
  • Hot Blood (Dan Shepherd, #4)
Andy McNab joined the infantry in 1976 as a boy soldier. In 1984 he was badged as a member of 22 SAS Regiment. He served in B Squadron 22 SAS for ten years and worked on both covert and overt special operations worldwide, including anti-terrorist and anti-drug operations in the Middle and Far East, South and Central America and Northern Ireland.

Trained as a specialist in counter terrorism, prime t
More about Andy McNab...

Nick Stone (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Remote Control (Nick Stone, #1)
  • Crisis Four (Nick Stone, #2)
  • Firewall (Nick Stone, #3)
  • Last Light (Nick Stone, #4)
  • Liberation Day (Nick Stone, #5)
  • Dark Winter (Nick Stone, #6)
  • Aggressor (Nick Stone, #8)
  • Recoil (Nick Stone, #9)
  • Crossfire (Nick Stone, #10)
  • Brute Force (Nick Stone, #11)