Start by marking “Cold Hearted” as Want to Read:
Cold Hearted

Cold Hearted (Griffin Powell #9)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,011 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Jordan Price is unlucky in love. 6 of the last partners that she has dated have died in bizarre circumstances. After the death of her most recent husband, the Powell private detective agency are bought in. Rick Carson heads the investigation and from the outset is suspicious of Jordan.
Published December 1st 2008 by Avon Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Hearted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Hearted

jenjn79
I don't think I've yet read a book by Beverly Barton that I didn't like. This one was no exception. I enjoyed Cold Hearted from the beginning to the end.

Though it's not considered an official series, this book is part of the Griffin Powell/Powell Agency universe - as are all of Barton's non-Protector's, full-length novels. Most of them (with the exception of the Game books) can be read as stand-alones, this one included.

Cold Hearted features Powell Agent Rick Carson, who had brief mentions/appe
Christa
Cold Hearted was another great book by Beverly Barton. It was very suspenseful, and although I had a good idea of the identity of the villain, Barton kept me wondering and doubting until almost the end. The book had a great storyline, and I thoroughly enjoyed the main characters. The book was much heavier on the suspense than on the romantic aspect. The only deficiency in the book was in the romance. I felt that the resolution was too rushed in the end and seemed forced and lacking. Overall, thi ...more
Netha
Jordan Price, the black widow, pria2 yg dekat dengannya satu persatu mati.
dimulai dari tunangan masa kuliahnya, robby joe, atasannya, suaminya & terakhir suami ke 2nya, Senator Dan Price.
Kematian Dan Price menyimpan banyak tanda tanya. membuat ryan & jordan menyewa jasa griffin powell investigation.

Rick Carson, agen yg ditugaskan untuk menangani kasus Dan Price sejak awal memiliki perasaan yg ganjil terhadap Jordan.
jordan terlihat sangat dingin, jauh & seperti tak berperasaan. jika d
ilona
Griffin Agent investigating murder vs. suicide of wealthy senator. Although attracted to the widow and sensing her innocence, he can't get past the fact that her fiance was killed in an auto accident and first husband was killed accidentally with a stray bullet while hunting. Several other unexplained deaths surround her as well. Dragged at times.
Not one of my favorite books by this author.
Dale
I like Beverly Barton books partly because the same,various characters crop up here and there in each of the books. This was not one of my favorites. I did not feel the victim was believable therefore I was not having as much trouble putting the book down.
Pat Cromwell
It took me forever to finish this. Beverly Barton either allows the heroine to shine or the hero. Never both. This was the heroine's book and I could not stand her!
Amy Louise
Shanon
The story was nicely put together and the writing was decent, except... a few chapters in these people who are business professionals, police, detectives, a senator's wife... out of nowhere everyone starts saying Y'all. Its a bit disconcerting, because up to this point everyone talks normally, then this twang shows up and sticks around for the rest of the story.

I would have rated it a 4 if not for the attack of Y'all, or even if it had just stuck to the characters that would have made sense.. bu
Lainy
Time Taken To Read - 4 days

Blurb From Goodreads

TRUSTING HER…
They all loved her. That was their mistake. Two husbands, her college fiancé, and influential boss – every man who gets close to Jordan Price is made to pay in blood. And the list is growing…

COULD BE…
Hired by the Powell Agency to investigate Senator Dan price’s death, Rick Carson can see at once why people would believe Jordan Price is incapable of cold-blooded murder. Slender, pale, and elegant, she stands by her late husband’s gravesi
Mackenzie
This was the 5th book in the Griffin Powell series. It begins with the death of Senator Dan Price. This book is filled with unexpected twists as Powell Agent Rick Carson investigates in Senator Price's current wife's past.

I really enjoyed this book. The entire time I felt this huge sense of foreboding wherever Jordan Harris Brannon Price was concerned. Barton has an amazing way of telling a story and she also has a way of reeling you in within the first 40 or so pages.

The characters were deeply
avizena zen
Jordan Price mendapat julukan Black Widow-janda pembunuh- karena mantan tunangannya meninggal dan dua suaminya tewas dengan tragis. Dan Price, suami Jordan yang kedua, meninggal karena bunuh diri. Tapi banyak orang menduga bahwa Jordan yang membunuhnya, untuk mengambil warisan Dan.

Rick Price, agen penyelidik swasta, ditugaskan untuk menyelidiki kasus ini. Rick menginap di Price Manor selama beberapa lama, tapi ada beberapa kejadian mengejutkan. Penembakan, pembunuhan, pertengkaran, semua terjadi
Jo
One and a half really-didn't like it, didn't like characters-a bit too American-that sounds odd coming from someone who reads lots of American books including detective thrillers but there were just too many hmmms really :-(
♥ Nell ♥
This one was okay. The suspense was good, I didn't guess the killer too early. The romance was a major let down. (view spoiler)Not believable, and I definitely wasn't getting warm feelings and saying "awww, ho ...more
Jen
I enjoyed this book. It was very suspenseful. A Senator is murdered and a private detective is brought in to investigate. His young widow looks good for the murder because all the men in her life, her father, her first husband, her fiance, and her employer died under mysterious circumstances, and she benefits every time. But she seems so nice and genuine, could she really be as guilty as people think? I didn't know who it was until the end.Add to this a budding romance between the widow and inve ...more
Kay-em
Excruciatingly boring! Lead characters are shallow and unreal
Ann  Lorz
Beverly Barton weaves a great story. She adds just enough of suspense, family and love. Her stories always leave you wanting more. If you have read her then you know that she is right now writing about the Powell Agency which is the common thread though the last few books. Rick Carson works for Powells and is hired to find out who killed Senator Dan Price, all the clues point to Jordan Price, his wife. When you read this story you'll see what a great story teller Barton is as she will keep you g ...more
Sherry
Sep 14, 2008 Sherry rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantic mystery
A very good mystery, with lots of possible shady characters. Beverly Barton's heroine; Jordan Price is sometimes almost to good to be true, but the anticipation of finding out "who" in this story makes it well worth the read. Intriguing line-up of many potential suspects keeps the reader guessing on this who-done-it. More of a romantic mystery than a romantic suspense, fans of locked room mystery's will enjoy this title.
Tantri Setyorini
Menurutku tema buku ini adalah pembunuhan yang didasari misteri yang meliputi sebuah keluarga. Tentu saja keluarga tersebut, Price sudah saling mengetahui misteri yang tersimpan dalam keluarga, tapi penyidik dan pembaca di sini jadi menebak-nebak karena dari halaman ke halaman tampaknya setiap anggota punya rahasia kotor sendiri. Di situlah serunya membaca buku ini.
Diane
Not one of her best books by far!
Pamela(AllHoney)
I liked this one by Beverly Barton. I've read several of her books and while she is not my favorite romantic suspense authors, I know I'll be entertained when I read her. Cold Hearted had me second guessing many times on the outcome. I was tempted several times to read the ending to put myself out of my misery.
Vicky Thomasson
I found this book fairly average. The characters were alright and the plot was just ok. I didn't really feel the suspense throughout the book and I pretty much guessed who the killer was from the start. Having said that, it wasn't the worst book in the world and I'd recommend it for a simple, quick read.
Leslie
The rating says it all...I generally really enjoy Beverly books, but this one not so much. I feel as though the story line was much longer than needed. I only read it just to continue with the Powell characters. I expect much better with her next showing.
Melanie
I love Beverly Barton. I have to admit I wasn't so sure a couple of books ago, but I have fallen in love with her style of writing. I keep guessing who killed who and discovering new theories as I read, but she is always one step ahead of my mind. Great read
Jill
I thought the book might be a little cheesey due to the title and fairly common "black widow" story. I was however please to see this was book took a bit of a different direction and was a page turner. I enjoyed the book and felt it was enjoyable.
Sandy
This one just didn't do it for me. I mean, the killer's position is lame. Totally lame. I don't recommend this book. It's dry. If you want something more thrilling, try Shannon McKenna or Cherry Adair. They never disappoint. 0.5/5 stars.
Steff
This book was way too predictable...and for supposedly highly intelligent characters, they were way too slow on the uptake. Not to mention the main character was portrayed saint-like and it made her more irritating than endearing.
Novee
buku rom sus pertama yg sukses bikin gw terkecoh..n salah nebak killerna..hehehe
overall bagus,kasusna menarik..
salut ma Jordan (lead ce)...sungguh tegar...
yg kurang dari buku ini,romance na kurangggg banyak..
Dawn Kunda
Cold Hearted has a good plot and many suspects for the "bad guy," which was expertly managed. I think the heroine was a bit of a chicken to face life head-on, yet she did have a lot to deal with.
Sue
First Book I have read by this author. In parts was too slow but over all it had me guessing on who done it .I guessed the wrong person.lol I will deffiently read more of her books.
Stephanie
I think I would have enjoyed this book more if the PI actually did some investigating instead of moaning about how attracted he is to his client and how that destroys his objectivity.
  • Watch Me (Last Stand Series, #3)
  • Sudden Death (FBI Trilogy, #1)
  • Dead Ringer
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Whisper of Warning (Glass Sisters, The #2)
  • Dead Even (Dead #3)
  • Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
Beverly Marie Inman was born on 23 December 1946 in Tuscumbia, Alabama, USA. Daughter of Doris Marie and Walter D. Inman Jr. A born romantic, she fell in love with The Beauty and the Beast epic at an early age, when her grandfather bought her an illustrated copy of the famous fairy tale. Even before she learned to read and write, her vivid imagination created magical words and fabulous characters ...more
More about Beverly Barton...

Griffin Powell (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • After Dark (Griffin Powell, #1)
  • The Fifth Victim (Griffin Powell, #2)
  • The Last To Die (Griffin Powell, #3)
  • As Good As Dead (Griffin Powell, #4)
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • Close Enough To Kill (Griffin Powell, #6)
  • The Dying Game (Griffin Powell, #7)
  • The Murder Game (Griffin Powell, #8)
  • Silent Killer (Griffin Powell, #10)
  • Dead By Midnight (Griffin Powell #11)
The Dying Game (Griffin Powell, #7) The Murder Game (Griffin Powell, #8) Dead By Midnight (Griffin Powell #11) Close Enough To Kill (Griffin Powell, #6) Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)