Start by marking “Famous Family Nights” as Want to Read:
Famous Family Nights

Famous Family Nights

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Touching, inspiring, and often hilarious, the personal experiences in Famous Family Nights highlight family home evening as a priceless tool for building strong, faith-centered families, despite the many obstacles of modern life.

The 91 contributors sharing their stories are moms and dads in various fields of entertainment and the community.

"After reading the first few st
Published August 8th 2009 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about Famous Family Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Famous Family Nights

The Invention of Religion by Alexander DrakeIf I Should Die Before My Dog -- by Joe ConnollyThe Glass Castle by Jeannette WallsFreakonomics by Steven D. LevittThe Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
favorite non-fiction
65th out of 293 books — 300 voters
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankNight by Elie WieselUnder the Banner of Heaven by Jon KrakauerInto Thin Air by Jon KrakauerThe Invention of Religion by Alexander Drake
Must Read Non-Fiction
476th out of 1,258 books — 1,431 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather
Sep 30, 2009 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Trouble with Family Home Evening? Check out Famous Family Nights (great for gifts too) and you’ll come away inspired and motivated. Author Anne Bradshaw approached dozens of favorite LDS entertainers, authors, musicians, etc. and asked them to share their experiences with Family Home Evening. The stories will have you laughing one minute, then crying the next. Many are touching, and some are outrageous. But in the end, you’ll come away with a renewed resolve to hold consistent Family Home Evenin ...more
Sherry
Sep 05, 2009 Sherry rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Parents everywhere
Recommended to Sherry by: Anne Bradshaw
Famous Family Nights, by Anne Bradshaw, is one of the best books I've ever read on Family Home Evenings. It's an excellent book for parents of all ages! I laughed, I cried, I read several entries over and over and out loud to my hubby. The stories within its pages are so much fun to read. Amazingly, many parents felt their family home evenings were disastrous, which reminded me of some rather catastrophic Family Home Evenings we had in our own home, as well! You'll find stories about measuring l ...more
LuAnn
Sep 11, 2009 LuAnn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: non-fiction
Several months ago, I was invited to participate in a book project by fellow-LDS author Anne Bradshaw. Her idea was to collect a series of short essays by other well-known LDS artists on the topic of family home evening. I didn’t know how the project would turn out, but I wrote my essay, helped her obtain essays from both Alan and Amy Osmond who are friends of mine, then sat back to see how the entire project would come together.

This month I found out. Famous Family Nights has been released by C
Laurie
May 05, 2010 Laurie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Whether you call it Family Home Evening or Family Night, the idea of setting aside an evening a week dedicated to family sharing, fun and instruction, established in 1915 by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (the Mormons), is nearing it's 100th birthday, and this timeless program has never been more relevant nor more essential than it is today.

Politics and Sociology aside, no parent can deny that the world is becoming increasingly stressful and busy, and that stress is taking a to
Janet Jensen
Before I got a copy of Famous Family Nights, I knew the book would be well-done because Anne's all about quality. I thought it would be useful and helpful and thought-provoking. I thought it might be a good book to have on hand as we consider what to do for Family Night.

It is all of that. But it's also just laugh-out-loud funny sometimes, and at other times very touching. I loved the glimpses into the lives of the contributors and the experiences they shared.

I suggest that you can do most of y
Rachel Nunes
Sep 04, 2009 Rachel Nunes rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: non-fiction
If you've been around much on Facebook, Goodreads, and Blogger, no doubt you've come across several reviews of the book Famous Family Nights. Well, I am a contributer to this book, but until recently, I never had the opportunity to read the rest. Now I have.

I heartily add my recommendations to other reviewers. Not only did I find many great family night ideas, but I learned that other people are just like me! We all struggle, especially when the children are young, but the concept of family nig
Beatricer
I like this book because it inspires me,because you can be a super hero,take care people,you are just being yourself.People need hero need help.it just like pay it forward we help you.You help someone and you keep going.everyone wants to be a super hero.but you can but people have kids to take care.That is why I like this book
Monica
I would have liked better quality pictures of the contributors, as some were difficult to make out. With so many submissions, I was surprised at how similar they all were. I'm glad I didn't stop reading though because a couple towards the end were my favorites and had something useful for me to incorporate.
Rozelle Hansen
I really like this book. It had great ideas, spiritual insights, gave me a sense of hope and strengthened my testimony of FHE.
I loved how she included people from around the world with different backgrounds and experiences with FHE.
Abby

this really motivated me!
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Rachel Payne
Rachel Payne marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Sarah Miller
Sarah Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Kyah Marie Deckard
Kyah Marie Deckard marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Sadie Cluff
Sadie Cluff marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Vjohnson
Vjohnson marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Cyndra
Cyndra marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Heidee
Heidee marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Staci Pope
Staci Pope marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Jeani Gillespie
Jeani Gillespie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Cost of Winning: Coming in First Across the Wrong Finish Line
  • Agent in Old Lace
  • Believe in What You're Doing; Believe in Who You Are
  • The Old Testament Made Easier, Vol. 1 (Gospel Studies)
  • Cutting Edge
  • Inspiring Experiences That Build Faith: From the Life and Ministry of Thomas S. Monson
  • When Thou Art Converted: Continuing Our Search for Happiness
  • House of Glory: Finding Personal Meaning in the Temple
  • House of Learning: Getting More from Your Temple Experience
  • Before My Heart Stops: A Memoir
  • Pursued (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #2)
  • The Joseph Smith Papers, Journals: 1832-1839
  • Tranquil Light (The Dickens Inn, #4)
  • Raising Up a Family to the Lord
  • The Hidden Christ: Beneath the Surface of the Old Testament
  • One Perfect Word: One Word Can Make All the Difference
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • Hearing the Voice of the Lord: Principles and Patterns of Personal Revelation
Author of 7 published books, the latest of which is Volume Two of "True Miracles with Genealogy" --another collection of family history research stories written by ordinary people with extraordinary experiences. Each account is unique. Each is a miracle. Each will inspire readers as they come to the heady realization that there really is a world of spirits.

"True Miracles with Genealogy" Volumes On
More about Anne Bradshaw...
True Miracles with Genealogy: Help from Beyond the Veil True Miracles with Genealogy: Volume Two (#2) Please, No Zits!: And Other Short Stories For Lds Youth Dingo True Miracles with Genealogy Help from Beyond the Veil ( vol 1)