Start by marking “The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society” as Want to Read:
The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society

The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Irresistible tales of love, friendship, passion and betrayal from some of the top names in fiction. A woman planning not just what she wants to wear to a school reunion, but who she wants to be . . . A couple hoping to start a new life in Spain - and completely misunderstanding what they each want . . . A girl who's brother falls in love with a beautiful male impersonator ...more
Published 2009 by Orion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society

Between Boyfriends by Sarka-Jonae MillerBet Me by Jennifer CrusieConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaTwenties Girl by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
Chick Lit (contemporary, edgy, fun)
179th out of 218 books — 309 voters
Love, Rosie by Cecelia AhernP.S. I Love You by Cecelia AhernHow to Fall in Love by Cecelia AhernIf You Could See Me Now by Cecelia AhernThe Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern
Cecelia Ahern
12th out of 16 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

Snoozie Suzie
I really enjoyed this book. I haven't read any real chick-lit for ages and this was ideal. Short stories that don't get too involved in people's lives but are interesting, and in a way fun. Easy to read, and easy to read three or four stories in one go. Perfect. All stories are by well known authors, and are all well written, in my opinion. Definitely recommend it. Especially if you need an easy light read as it contains many of those.
Amanda
Mallard and May
This is a very unique story from a very unexpected perspective. Such a sad ending yet still contains a wistful or hopeful aspect...

Healthy Option
Fantastic story, awesome main character that seems so real and frighteningly familiar. The male students are a very interesting bunch and it is very sweet that they all try to fix her up; both personal and professional.

A Wasp Story
Definately a different type of story from the first two in this book. An interesting read that I am sure many
Jane
Usually, I'm not a big fan of short stories since I prefer to get to know the characters in a book. I like it when their romance evolves gradually, not fast. But sometimes I also like to read short stories, where I don't get the chance to really get to know the characters, but at the same time I do. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of pages to understand a character.

Regarding the rating... Whilst reading I found myself thinking if it's a 3 or a 4 star book, but since I found it difficult to pu
Jo
Great collection of stories. Good way of introducing authors I've not heard of which I shall now be looking out for.
Susan Brown
I must not have been concentrating when I put this book on my "to read" list as I did not realise it was a book of short stories. I do not enjoy reading short stories. However, when I saw that Alexander McCall Smith was a contributor I decided that it couldn't be all bad so I waded in. I was entranced from the start. But my feelings about short stories are still with me, ie you just get into the story and it finishes. These stories, however, managed to get the "meat" of the tale across to the re ...more
Av
I read this book on vacation. It is a great vacation book. It is a collection of short stories about women and everything that could possibly happen to us. The stories are ones of strength and endurance and belief in our selves. The stories are short which means no great thought involved. Perfect for a vacation
Barbara
A collection of short stories written by a number of top-selling authors – mainly British – in order to support a good cause: Breast Cancer Care.

It’s a book for women and about women. Old ones and young ones. Women in love, women looking for love, and women getting out of love. Women who are hurt, who fail and who succeed. Women who are happy with what they have and women who are tired of it all and step up to make a daring change. Women who cherish friendship and motherhood.

It’s all the women
Carrie
Sophie Kinsella - Valentine's Day Blues
4/5
Cute and sweet Valentine's story w/pizza.

Katie Fforde - Holiday of a Marriage
3/5
Mary Elizabeth Morton
I didn't like every story...but there were many of them that were enjoyable. Pretty book cover too. Plus one British pound was donated to Women's Cancer Care for each novel purchased.
C
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories, it was nice to be able to skip about if i wasn't in the mood for a particular story. I love the fact that most of my favourite authors were in this book and also some authors that I had heard of but, as yet, hadn't fully explored their writing. I have passed this book on to a friend who I know doesn't have a lot if time to read because I know they will enjoy dipping in and out of it. Recommended for someone who hasn't got the time to fully immer ...more
Hamizah
Along the way, I had to remind myself that this book is a collection of different stories written by different authors with different writing-style.

The stories are all good, though I only recognized two authors out of the thirty-five. Sad, I know.

Eh.

Anyway, my favourites are "Mallard and May", "Sacred Spring", "The Only Snag", "Straight and True Like the Lilies of the Field", "The Last Word", "Cold Calling", "Valentine's Blues" and "Tokyo Girl Power". Why? Because the stories moved me.

Aaaaand I
Julia
i simply love this collection of wee stories, each different from the other one.

Especially if you don't have that much time or are looking for a new book to read and have to bridge that time they are just perfect and also very different from what I usually read.

they are often told from unexpected unusual perspectives or offer surprising which makes the reading even more enjoyable.

everytime little injections of inspiration, etc. and always the chance to skip a story if you don't like it 'cause t
Samra Muslim
Since this book is collection of stories by multiple authors ... it cannot be judged in its totality and rather needs to be taken on the basis of individual stories (which are ranging from nice to predictable to just ordinary). On the whole, the book is written for a cause (Breast Cancer) and the stories are donations by the authors... therefore even expecting amazing would be silly on the readers' part! Suggest you look at it as what it REALLY is ... our little bit for charity!!! :-)
Louise Annette Marshall
A collection of short stories ,some were very good some just ok ,picked up the book from the libary when i saw Sophie kinsella,jojo moyes an maeve Binchey were amongst the story writers .Had my fav stories ,this is well worth a read iff your inbetween books an want to read a few quick read stories an also iff your buying an not getting from the libary money from the sale goes to a worthwhile charity which is always good .
Jo
A large collection (over 30) of short stories, some very good with no real duds. They range in subject matter but the focus is on women's stories of love, midlife renewal, friendship and even revenge. Organized alphabetically by author, it starts with a sad sad story and ends with a nice piece. Enjoyable short reads.
Gabrielle
These short stories were great to just pink up and read. You didn't have to get too invested in any of them because they ended in no time. They were still entertaining and could be likened to a sweet treat that you have every once in a while but you don't want to sit and gorge yourself out on them.
Priyank
good collection of short stories; some very interesting, some a bit less. All in all, worth a read!
Khaoula
I liked the book. The idea is very good. Some of the stories are really brilliant, plot and writing wise, but some others were really disappointing. I also got the chance to discover some writers that I've never heard of, which was very nice.
Ola Tarek
its a tricky one its not ur regular book its a collection of many short ( kinnda unfinished ) stories by different famous writers. i didn't mind the unfinished stories but to some people it might be unsatisfactory but i loved it :)
Marilynn
It was an amazing read. This is all about women. Their struggles and joys. How they find meaning to their lives. A gem of short stories that will make you smile, cry and ponder. These are stories that all women can definitely relate to.
Nina
I didn't finish this book and I probably never will. I expected a collection of comfy chick lit stories, but these are just too depressing for my liking. I'm really sorry to say but they're quite horrible.
Julie
A collection of short stories by various authors. As you would expect from a collection like this, some were better than others! Good to dip in and out of though.
Becky
A good collection of chic-lit short stories. Some were really, really good, some were okay, like all collections it was a mixed bag, but worth picking up!
Eleni
Brilliant ... I love this book, because it contains amazing short stories. It had a few of my favourite authors and new ones that I've discovered!
Aliendheasja
Some stories are damn good and extremely touching.
some others are so-so and even hard to understand the twist.
it was a good light read :)
Adele
A good book to dip not when you don't have I've to read a full story. Book full if short stories by to authors.
Dina Elkomy
I'm not a big fan of short stories that keeps you wondering but it was quite an amazing collection :)
Rochelle
Good for when your busy, but need an intense yet short story to read before you go to bed.
Wsclai
I have got to know more about women's life at different age and there are some touching stories.
Booksdingle
A good enough collection of short stories, enjoyable, mostly light hearted but not too frothy
bloquear um utilizador 1 2 Apr 24, 2012 04:56PM
  • No Dress Rehearsal
  • The Mysterious Miss Mayhew
  • Ladies' Night at  Finbar's Hotel
  • Party Animal
  • Of Love and Life: The Ship of Brides / The Undomestic Goddess / No Place Like Home
  • I Love The 80s
  • Tall, Dark and Kilted
  • Love at 11
  • Out of the Blue
  • The Stolen Child
Cecelia Ahern was born on September 30, 1981 in Dublin, Ireland. She is the daughter of the former Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern. On 14th December 2009 it was announced that Cecelia had given birth to her first child with partner David Keoghan, a girl named Robin. She was secretly married on 11 June 2010 in County Kildare, Ireland. Her older sister, Georgina Ahern is married to Nicky Byrne of Irish ...more
More about Cecelia Ahern...
P.S. I Love You Love, Rosie Thanks for the Memories If You Could See Me Now The Book of Tomorrow