Start by marking “The Pregnancy Bond” as Want to Read:
The Pregnancy Bond

The Pregnancy Bond

Her husband's secret baby...

On the night of the party, Kelly's estranged husband, Jake Lindley, had been as gorgeous and charismatic as ever. It had been impossible for Kelly to resist him - and now she was pregnant!

Kelly didn't want Jake back in her life; their divorce had just become final and she couldn't possibly tell him that he was the baby's father. But Jake was det

Paperback, Harlequin Romance #3733, Maybe Baby! #4, 192 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Harlequin Romance (first published July 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Pregnancy Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pregnancy Bond

Vanessa
Feb 06, 2012 Vanessa rated it it was ok
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
This is the third or fourth Lucy Gordon I’ve read and it’s clear she’s a heroine’s author. Her hs are resilient, gracious and strong-willed woman. The Hs are basically nice guys shown to stumble, maybe make wrong choices and the hs help them and accept them back with grace and understanding. I like my hs strong and without bitterness so this was good.

This is quite a realistic take on how marriages really are in real life. Monotony, taking things for granted, self-absorption and growing apart-rui
Becky
This was such a realistic and heartfelt depiction of the toll that youth, lack of communication, and work travel separation can have on a young couple. One of the very few books I've read that addressed the communication issues between men and women by acknowledging the "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" issues when the well-meaning husband really just doesn't get what the wife is saying.

I hate infidelity, even where the cheater is impaired (all those cheating husbands who wake up hungov
Tishke
Oct 03, 2014 Tishke rated it really liked it
I don't think Jake had any idea how much he loved his wife until he was going through the second attempt of having sex with the OW, when he had an anxiety attack. The doctor believed his depression was due to his physical injury, I think it was more than that. It was looking at the mirrors at the OW home, seeing his own face and comprehending how single handedly he caused his world to fall a part the first time around and what the end result would be as far as his relationship with his very ...more
Fiona Marsden
May 31, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who love reunion stories
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
Now I've always said I love a reunion story. This is an interesting one, starting as it does on the night the heroine is celebrating her divorce. Jake Linley married Kelly when they were both quite young, him a brash young reporter and her barely out of school due to an unexpected pregnancy.

The strains of his job and her loss of self esteem over losing the baby and having to put aside her dreams of university to make a go of their marriage when Jake was only starting out, took a toll on their ma
Vintage
Kelly, our heroine, starts out with all the appearance of the usual ttsl Harlequin heroine doormat, but she surprised me. There is one absolutely hysterical scene where she confronts the incredibly smug OW. Any heroine that can say the following is tops in my book...

‘I wouldn’t know. I’m studying archaeology, and just now I’m reading a particularly interesting book on ancient burial practices. There was this king who used to dispose of his surplus concubines by drugging their wine. They passed o
Roub
May 05, 2015 Roub rated it liked it
i was absolutely disgusted dat jake cud contemplate adultery bcoz OW was so gorgeous! he was then disturbed kelly asked for a divorce bcoz he did not follow the act. i think intentions are as condemnable as the actual actions. they were not madly in love, they had surpassed dat stage but they still love each other. i actually enjoyed the book a lot bcoz it was fun. it cud have been heartbreaking but jake was not a cruel hero. he was actually a very nice man and was careful not to hurt his wife. ...more
DA4Pups
The growth of the Hero is quite interesting - from shallow to caring. I wish the depression angle had been more fleshed out.
Fiary
Oct 16, 2012 Fiary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Dibalik kesuksesan seorang pria, ada wanita hebat dibelakangnya’

Setelah delapan tahun pernikahannya, Kelly memutuskan untuk mengakhirinya. Karena dia merasa kehidupan pernikahannya semakin kering, hampa. Jake tidak pernah ada di perayaan-perayaan hari istimewa mereka. Jake terlalu sibuk mengejar dan memburu berita-berita sensasional di berbagai belahan dunia. Kelly lah yang selalu tergopoh-gopoh menyiapkan segala sesuatunya untuk karir Jake.

Kelly sadar, selama delapan tahun ini tak ada waktu un
Yulia Anggraini
y ampuuun jake x udah gilaaa...!tokoh utamax gila...ckckck...
itu yg terlintas dipikiranq waktu jake mulai ngamuk2 karena suami kelly g perhatian am dy,memberikan ap yg tidak dibutuhkan kelly,suami macam ap yg tidak punya tabungan...tp bukan kah jake sendiri suami kelly...?jake seakan2 membicarakan orang lain...
stres pasca trauma itulah yg terjadi pd jake...saat dy tertembak, dy baru saja kehilangan sesuatu yg sangat berharga dalam hidupx...kelly dan pernikahan mereka...

"cerai atw belum, kelly m
Uchatadara
Mar 04, 2016 Uchatadara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eka Yudiw
Dec 16, 2012 Eka Yudiw rated it it was amazing
tulisan awal kesannya kaya penulis belum berpegalaman. Terlalu banyak obrolan diskusi dan pertengkaran yang diulang2 atau dipanjang2kan. Kadang agak berlebihan dan kurang masuk akal. Namun gaya bahasanya unik dan menarik serta menjanjikan sesuatu. Terutama penggambaran perasaan tokoh utamanya si jake yang lagi depresi berat, sangat nyata dan mendetail. Saya paling suka bagian ini, terasa senasib sepenanggungan. Suka Harpot 5 juga karena faktor ini (^^)v
Overal, meski dibuat terkejut di awal cerit
Sandra
May 01, 2008 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On the night Kelly celebrates her divorce with a party, her estranged husband, a successful overseas journalist, unexpectedly turns up -- and at the end of the party both of them end up in bed. And a few weeks later, Kelly realizes she is pregnant. To her surprise, Jake is determined to look after her and support her during her pregnancy. What is more, Kelly slowly learns that Jake is not quite the man she thought she knew so well.
One of the most unusual M&B novel I have ever read: in the co
Ida Mawadah
Mar 08, 2013 Ida Mawadah rated it it was ok
I can't say too much after reading this book. Ok this is my fault to bough randomly and not searching for synopsis, and review. I like to read romance, but I think I don't enjoy the story of this book, sorry to say that. I know that harlequin book always full of romance, but at that time I just start my hobby to collect novel and start to read more and more book, so I choose many genres random, and after reading this, I think I dont want to buy another book as this..
Mahareni Sukadi
Emmm...awalnya berasa bagus, tapi makin ke belakang kok berasa makin aneh ya? Bingung deh aku sama si Kelly, maunya apa sih? Udah gak mo bilang sapa ayah bayinya, malah bikin Jake berpikir si Carl-lah orangnya. Belum usaha si Kelly untuk melempar Jake ke pelukan Olympia.

Eh, emank kalo kehamilan terdahulu mual+pucatnya jam 3 sore, apakah kehamilan berikutnya juga tepat jam 3 sore mual-mualnya?
Emma1329
Aug 05, 2016 Emma1329 rated it did not like it
DNF. The heroine really grossed me out with her lack of personality and back bone, and the guy really is a jerk.
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Qobsar
Qobsar rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Liqiu
Liqiu rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2013
Nicolesouders
Nicolesouders rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2015
Carola
Carola rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Oktavia Ruthdian
Oktavia Ruthdian rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Izabela
Izabela rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Luana
Luana rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Robyn
Robyn rated it really liked it
May 02, 2009
Sientami
Sientami rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Alysia
Alysia rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2014
Widala
Widala rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Maccymous
Maccymous rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Christine Sparks was born in England, UK. She wanted to be a writer all her life, and began by working on a British women's magazine. As a features writer, she gained a wide variety of experience. She interviewed some of the world's most attractive and interesting men, including Warren Beatty, Richard Chamberlain, Charlton Heston, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Alec Guiness.

Single life was so enjoyable that
More about Lucy Gordon...